1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Why meepcraft has now stalled.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by CasualMow, Jul 2, 2018.

1. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

This is a little post about why Meepcraft has get to "take off" once again as a very big MC server.

1. The fact that we have several Techs and a few community Dev's is very good But the fact that the most important update began being made in september of LAST YEAR! has yet to be delivered (API update) and that has caused so many problems, Once a friend of mines sudgestion was accepted, It took over a year to be put into the server and even then it was only 1/4 done

2. Still Being blacklisted by Mojang for not complying with their stupid legal thing is so ridiculus but also a little confusing since on a meep times a few months ago they said we were un-blacklisted so... Were we really re-blacklisted or whats going on.... HMMMM.....

Now how to fix these 2 issues.

Step 1. Put ads on the website to gain funding and then use the funding to actually Hire or pay the current devs full time or even part time to actually work on the server instead of being lazy 24/7/365

Step 2. I think its time someone bloody contacts mojang about the dam blacklist as there is no reason for us to still be blacklisted plus, Doesent other servers like mineplex use the same system, last I checked it was pay to play too!

I know my problems or solutions may not solve or show all the problems but they are the two Big issues RN in my mind that keeps Meepcraft from growing.

2. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

Who would buy an ad on a website that gets only 40-50 users online daily

Marshy_88 likes this.
  3. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

^

Also, I hope you understand that Minecraft has died in popularity. It also affects Meepcraft, along with the blacklisting.

4. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Minecraft hasn't died in popularity--the Java Edition of Minecraft has died in popularity. This is because it is more expensive, requires the use of a computer (something many adults would rather their kids weren't on) instead of a cheaper dedicated gaming device, and advertised less. It's sad since the Java Edition is by far the least buggy version of Minecraft and is a better environment for server creation and maintenance.

Toostenheimer likes this.
  5. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Minecraft as a whole has died in popularity.

See: Search trends from 2004-present below:
    werwerwere.PNG

And server trends:
    rwerwer.PNG

6. CasualMow

So the Big Q is what happened when it was at its peak, Like who was staff, what was going on, We just need to repeat it!

7. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

I don't think you understand how anything works...

8. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Because how much a game is being played is determined entirely by number of search results?

[​IMG]

We've sold Minecraft many, many times! LOOK!

I believe people have been framing Minecraft as dead for years, but it's still selling just about as well as always.

For example, Minecraft is still #2 on the Apple App Store: iTunes - Browse the top paid apps on the App Store - Apple
    and still #1 on the Google Play store.

Some credit should definitely go to Antvenom who's videos have much better statistics and are where most of this data came from:

Pmx728 and Toostenheimer like this.
  9. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

We have contacted Mojang. Many times. Fuzzlr hasn't just sat there and twiddled his thumbs. Unfortunately the blacklist is still there but we are now a EULA compliant server. I believe the problem Mojang have with us now is for evading the blacklist and still operating.

10. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

I'd rather wait a year for a large scaled improvement that will allow us to easily have additions in the future instead of implementing plugins that constantly are corrupted.

You can not blame Mojang for being uncooperative while the server evades the blacklisting.

smk and SuperDyl like this.
  11. CasualMow

WELL... If that is the case the case we could bring to court is that they targeted our server instead of many other servers who use the pay to play system, This is why we got twister and lawyers in the world...

Overall the #1 prioridy needs to be the blacklist as many players cant join as of rn unless they got squid.

12. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

You make it seem so easy lol, as if that hasn’t already been done. Also easy to say « Start paying techs! » when it’s not coming out of your own pocket.

Epicdude141, Pmx728 and SuperDyl like this.
  13. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

LOL.
    Mojang Account
    Just look at the "ONE MAJOR RULE" then think about what you've just said.

Toostenheimer, Marshy_88 and SuperDyl like this.
  14. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

arent yall still selling ranks?

15. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

l o l

Trust me if you actually do that and win then I will definitely sue you for trying to ban all of the gma because if that flies with the court, anything will lmfao.

16. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Yeah, but they ‘don’t’ give benefits.

17. minepose98

minepose98 Celebrity Meeper

That's too extreme an example. They can't tell somebody's race from their account.

SuperDyl likes this.
  18. Pristicula

Pristicula Guest

High amount of purchases does not mean high amount of active players.

Minecraft is actually dying, especially the Java version.

It is one of the only games that has had such a lasting presence on the internet. It is not like Fortnite which will die in two or less years after the useless hype dies down. Or CS:GO which is already dying. It is a game that has had, at one time, more popularity than any other video game, ever.

Now Minecraft has stopped growing in popularity as people move on to new games. The servers that made many people attracted to Minecraft have also died (like Meepcraft).

Paying developers is a fantastic idea. I would become a developer if I were paid even a small amount. All money is good.

People will say "where is the money coming from?".

I would become a developer if I were paid just $50 a month. The server makes over $300 a month in donations. With four developers, this is only $200.

This investment would pay off over time. Good plugins would attract more players, thus increasing the server revenue and returning to the beginning of this cycle.

Plugin development is simple. It requires more thinking than actual programming. Syntax and high level concepts are not difficult if you are experienced.

The API talk that the developers have been giving for months is bogus. If they sat down and devoted a day, maybe two, to the API, it would be completed in a day. It is a Minecraft server, not a reddit or twitter size API.

This is why the server is dying. It has become uninteresting. I urge other players to leave and find a larger community. Some of you are capable and intelligent enough to start your own server. I highly encourage it. And if you do, message me. I will develop plugins for you.

cooey, SuperDyl, Pmx728 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

100% sure that is illegal.

SuperDyl likes this.
  20. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

what i find really strange is that we are blacklisted yet i can join the server without any other launcher. i've played with vanilla, optifine and labymod. that's it. i can join just fine. is anyone else having that happen?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 2, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 2, 2018 ---
    also, we can't just sue mojang/minecraft

meepcraft is the one that broke the rules
    mojang did NOT target meepcraft. they targetted anyone who broke the EULA, which they stated VERY clearly(and i remember clearly that there were many warnings given to fuzzlr/klutch - no way you could take mojang to court in any situation. especially this one.

Pmx728 likes this.