1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

What version pvp?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Wiggle_Waggle, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

the changes are a very good balance between the spammy 1.8 and the slow 1.9 pvp

to further argue the 1.8 vs 1.9 idea: 1.8 was awful - it was a cobbled together combat system since the early beta days of minecraft... it was NOT good. 1.9 attempted to fix this but in the end, the result was still the same - an unfun combat system that was boring. same as before, just in a different way.

this new system sounds much better and more accepting to the average player, rather than mouthbreathers that are so called pro minecraft pvpers arguing "hurr durr strafing" or "hurr durr cooldowns"

2. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

Nice. 1.8 pvp is the definition of acceptable to the "average player" because it takes 0 brain cells to begin learning it. It has an incredibly high skill cap, surprisingly, and is still a better COMBAT system than any 1.9+ version minecraft has sent out today. They have continued to try to alienate that community of people by pushing out "combat" updates dedicated to constructing a PvE RPG gametype instead.

I really like the "I don't understand what it is so I'm going to insult them" point you made at the end, really compelling. Maybe if you took your head out of your ass you could learn a thing or two, lol

3. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

yeah, i totally get that. the old system worked and it did its job well for the people who chose to play pvp gamemodes, somewhere klutz had said something about PvE vs PvP and it's a great reason as to why the new system seems to be a nice balance. 1.8 was good for player vs player but not as exciting for the majority of players which is why the 1.9 changes were even made in the first place.

(i think what people forget here is that minecraft is primarily a sandbox game where you either play alone or with friends as a team, and the devs were obviously catering to the majority, which does make sense i suppose)

1.9 definitely had a negative effect on the pvp community, primarily i assume because lots of hours were spent on the old system and that the new system was unnecessarily complicated.

perhaps if the 1.9 changes or something similar were made earlier in the games lifespan (such as way back in beta or in the 1.0 release) the community may have taken it differently. it is a matter of adapting to change for sure, but i can understand why many people don't want to leave the way that worked perfectly fine behind.

for your last point, absolutely. it's a game intended to be played for all ages, obviously kids too, and more focused on the sandbox elements... arguing over pvp in a game not meant for pvp is silly - the fact that the game is a sandbox is also why minecraft is great - server owners and modders have nearly complete control over the way they want the game to work. so in the end, people will just go to a 1.14 server that still has combat similar to 1.8 anyways.

arguing over the way that the *base game* works shouldn't matter because it can be changed with a few lines of code or text editing or command blocks...