1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

What version pvp?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Wiggle_Waggle, Aug 21, 2016.

1. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

You seem to have forgotten one thing.
    Highlight below the meme.

2. spartanfighter12

spartanfighter12 Popular Meeper

Well sorry that I don't highlight every persons post for hidden messages smh

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  3. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Learn to play with the changes

Bloopers and trdavis25 like this.
  4. spartanfighter12

No more black keys on the piano, learn to play with the changes

Here's your pepperoni pizza but there isn't any pepperoni, live with the changes

Here's a baseball game, but you're using brooms instead of bats, learn to play with changes

You're legit taking a completely reversed system and expecting people to just cope when all it does is not give players what they want or make it meaninglessly different. I wouldn't expect an Arch to understand it though

Tfw all the people saying 1.9 was good had little to no experience with 1.7/1.8 combat

WeAreNumberUno likes this.
  5. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Forgot you're the only one in the world who has pvp'd

I have played minecraft since 2009 and have experienced every update to minecraft and every change to combat there has been, I have learned to adapt to each change over the year and I've still continued to play and I'm glad to see there was a complete overhaul to pvp, you act like you're the only one who has a say in anything to do with pvp on the server, go play on a pvp server and allow the players to enjoy the updates without people whining that they need to do a bit more than spam clicking

Minecraft pvp before update was nothing but spam clicking and downloading hacked clients

I have only started building this year, but somehow that must mean I know nothing then eh

Toostenheimer and trdavis25 like this.
  6. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Just because it is a changed does not make it good. Take, for example, the way glass panes are in 1.9+. When a glass pane is placed in 1.8, it forms a + shape, which many builders have absolutely loved. In 1.9+, they don't have that shape, which actually ruined quite a few creations. You, as an architect, know how much difference a small change like that can make. Sure, you can get used to it, but they took something from you that you really liked before, and you would rather that thing function in the old manner.

Now change out all the architect terms for PvP, what's the differences?

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  7. _Gimble_1.

_Gimble_1. Popular Meeper

I know I am going to get a lot of flack for this one but I actually like 1.9-onwards pvp. I believe it takes more thinking/timing when you are fighting because before, all you had to do to be "good" at pvp was get good equipment and button mash. Now you actually have to time your swings to do full damage.

Bloopers likes this.
  8. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

9. _Gimble_1.

_Gimble_1. Popular Meeper

... ..... to you too dwarf :) I know you think I am completely whacky but I do like it.

10. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

... How? ...

11. spartanfighter12

Did you not even read my post

Lady_Hestia and CluelessKlutz like this.
  12. trdavis25

trdavis25 Celebrity Meeper

this thread is probably dead now but I think 1.10 is the best pvp. In 1.8 and lower if you could click fast you could kill. In 1.10 it requires more strategy and different types of attacks. Believe it or not m8 the older pvp was all about speed clicking. Why'd people always talk about jitter clicking? It's just clicking your mouse as fast as possible to get combos. You can't compare ssb to Minecraft. They are completely different. The ways you control each game make it different. In ssb all of the different attacks are different buttons for different situations. In mc there is an attack button called a mouse. Click it fast and win.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Bloopers likes this.
  13. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

This has been disproved by spartan fighter. Also I just think 1.10 pvp is BORING. I want something fast paced, on the edge of your seat!

Toostenheimer and CluelessKlutz like this.
  14. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

I probably click slower than you js. Strategy =/ slow attack speed. On a technical standpoint : clicking faster only increases the chances of your click packet being received first but a 1ms difference is close to nothing, much less determine winning vs losing. I've gotten top scores in the world on famous pvp servers with atrociously slow click speed, and many others have to like Stheegala and Rain_Dynasty who have both been #1 during a pvp season and have click speeds less than 5 a second. If you were to take a click test right now you'd probably get about 5-6 a second. Most everyone would. That's what I get, too. The thing about jittering is that for a lot of people they can't aim without doing it, and the click speed comes as an added bonus. I'm tired of people thinking that all 1.8 is, is just click speed because that's far from true. And I can definitely compare Ssb because people who know nothing about it claim it's just button mashing. People who know nothing say minecraft is just click spamming. But feel free to play on the minority (probably sub 10%) who use 1.9 click mechanics. I'll stay on the one where people recognize the different skills involved from MC and aren't too ignorant to think minecraft pvp is simply click speed.

Like I said, there's no increased strategy involved, all it does is lower the possible skill cap of the game. The best players will continue to be the best, however it's far easier to become good since most people can't handle a combo and blame it on their ping, their players ping, their click speed, or their players click speed. Humans by nature will blame out-of-control variables to excuse a loss. Though, if you truly believe click speed matters grab an Autoclicker with any click speed you want and I guarantee that you'll lose to me, or any other pvper who took the time to practice and become good, and not make silly posts on a towns server arguing that the easier style pvper is better simply because they're too lazy to learn the more complicated one. I've said it before and I'll say it again. All that's changed is click speed, not movement, so EVERY 1.7 aspect is the same except for the fact that it's slow and uninteresting.

FSR (Frequent Stupid Responses)

"Yeah because clicking fast is definitely interesting"

No, the thousand different types of pvp strafe meta outway standing still waiting for your click timer to recharge

"X happened before, people learned to play with change, pvp is no different"

Yes because I'm sure there were hundreds of thousand players who had built a competitive community where thousands of dollars went into prizes and server hosting when it comes the introduction to the food bar, or something like that. I personally remember the introduction to the sprint key which ADDED to the pvp atmosphere instead of tore it down. You might say the minority of players who didn't use a mod like togglesprint to aid in their sprint weren't used to it, and sure they weren't but that kind of thing is a positive change, and the entire community was able to accept it since it was something they already used. How many servers used a plugin in 1.8 to decrease click speed? I can think of 1, and that was an RPG server, not a competitive pvp server

"You just want to spam click"
    You might have some mental issues

"There's no strategy in combos/spam clicking"
    Already tried to explain this, obviously you don't read

I appreciate constructive posts, because it's fun to argue maturely. (@BlackJackMiller5 ) does it nicely, but people who post the same thing with no change in their argument (Draqq) I suggest steering away from these posts unless you understand enough from both sides to reach a decision. (No, "i used to play kit in meep and had the game since forever" isn't a valid excuse to say you know, especially if you still think it's spam clicking)

Sorry for rant I'm tired omw from school

15. trdavis25

trdavis25 Celebrity Meeper

yea I know it is disapproved by him but this thread is about what you think not agree that pre 1.9 pvp is better.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 2, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 2, 2016 ---
    also I need to back up @Draqq here. You say his experience in mc through all the updates isn't enough to give him a opinion? I believe that's more than enough information/experience to come to an educated conclusion, since he's been through everything even before this update which most all of us have been in.

Bloopers likes this.
  16. legendcaleb

It's like saying "I've been alive since the 12th century so I'm very familiar with the piano" even if you've only played it once and hadn't pursued it at all

17. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

stop acting like you're the only one whos pvp'd on the server for a change

pvpd for more time than I've been building

Toostenheimer likes this.
  18. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

Ad hominem and false analogy, silly, silly.

19. legendcaleb

False analogy?

"He experienced all the updates because he's been here a long time so he knows what he's talking about"

is very similar to

"He's lived through all these inventions so he knows what he's talking about"

WeAreNumberUno and CluelessKlutz like this.
  20. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Bumping this because Mojang finally admitted defeat on it.
    Quote taken from Jeb on a post on reddit today,
    "The combat mechanics in Java Edition have been a controversial topic ever since the 1.9 update. We want the mechanics to be the same across all editions, but simply porting Java to Bedrock or vice versa is not taking us forward. We want to find a system that is flexible and works well across all input devices.

Main issues in Java Edition,

• Too slow for PvP - not exciting enough
    • Damage per second is too low to beat regenerating items
    • Too hard to understand for new players
    Main issues in Bedrock,

• Tedious on controller (Legacy editions fixed this)
    • Weapons are very similar
    • Armor is not balanced"
    A new experimental, manually installed snapshot released with this testing the following mechanics:
    "This "manually installed Java snapshot" is the first experiment of the new direction of combat mechanics. It's based upon the current Java Edition system, but with the following major changes:

• Overall much faster attacks
    • Attacks only happen when fully charged, even if you spam click
    • You can hold to attack
    • Weapons have different reach (attack range)
    • When you stop attacking, the attack timer will continue charging to 200%
    • At 200% you can perform special attacks (crits, sweeping, knockback) and these attacks have longer reach
    • Sweeping only occurs on swords with the Sweeping enchantment
    • Critical attacks (jump attacks) bypass shields
    • Shields have no warm-up delay
    • Shields also activate when crouching/sneaking
    • If you hit something, the target's "invulnerability timer" will be shorter if you have a quick weapon"
    Source - A custom Java Edition snapshot to test new combat mechanics : Minecraft