1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

we need to know

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Bloopers, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Klitch

Klitch

Meep will not be shut down, and perks are not back to rake in money. I assumed this information could be interpreted by my earlier comment.

Pmx728 likes this.
  2. Bloopers

Bloopers Legendary Meeper

but mojang's rules didn't change - how is bringing back perks helping the server? what is the reason everything is happening?

3. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Elites never had fly wtf? haha

The number one thing that bothers me about this community is that you guys always push and poke, but are never happy with the answer or solution. If you go to a different server prodding like you do here, I guarantee you'll be banned without a look back.
    We have been brought on as high staff and staff in general, and this server is successful because of it. We make decisions after discussing them for long periods of time and those are ours to make.

If Fuzzlr told me "lets do this so I can make money", I would have resigned on the spot. So get real and stop acting like jealous children over the fact that Fuzzlr owns the server. I see so much about "Fuzz just wants money", when this server has been in the negative for months and he still funds it. Do we look for ways to generate revenue to keep it alive for you guys? Of course! But its no cash grab so stop the idiotic rumors and trash talk.

To end, You dont need to know! Play the server and enjoi the decisions we make. If you dont trust them, then dont play? I dont know what else I can tell you. We have made no decision that has killed the server yet and we certainly wouldnt make a decision that puts the server in danger or I wouldnt stick around to see it crash and deal with all of you bad mouthing us for this long.

I see a huge number of you always saying "I just want to help Meep!". Then start by having a little respect for those of us that stay up late and put tons of thought and effort into keeping Meep up. Have a little trust and maybe encourage or come up with ideas of your own instead of just telling us were screwing up. I want you to look up the definition of morale and realize that with these threads and the "Meep sucks" threads just kills it and makes people resign. I promise you, it does nothing but damage Meep.

xXAdotXx, qazini, Muunkee and 8 others like this.
  4. Bloopers

if there are rumors or risks of the server closing, i'm not going to bother playing or investing any time into creating a town, or a house or anything - because it could all just be gone the next day.

you need to prove to us that there is security in meep right now, don't just say "the server is not closing" and not say anything else - what did mojang tell fuzzlr when the blacklist went up?

5. KlutchDecals

The server could close any day, I mean, I could die tomorrow. Its a video game Bloopers. You play for fun at the time. I mean I dont know how to explain this further. You dont need to know the private messages between the owner and Mojang. Plain and simple. Im done on this topic, Go play, or dont.

6. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

I know lol

Anyway thanks for the explanation I agree 100%

7. Bloopers

we want to know what's happening

here's what we know right now:

back in may, meepcraft was contacted by mojang because perks are being given to paying players. fuzzlr had most of these perks removed

about 2 days ago, meepcraft was placed on a server blacklist by mojang - fuzzlr(and probably you) knows why. it's likely because of the few perks that were left

yesterday, meepcraft brought back ALL the perks that aren't supposed to be allowed - why?

obviously something is happening and people are starting to worry

if you look at it from a players perspective, it seems really fishy, breaking legal rules and terms of service and all that. not that meepcraft in particular will be sued by mojang - but it's still very weird and it's worrying

8. KlutchDecals

1. We cant be shut down.
    2. We cant be sued
    3. Play the game.

Kazarkas, Niiicck, Courtneyyy and 4 others like this.
  9. Bloopers

sir yes sir!

10. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Its time for me to get smod with that /fly since legend is too expensive:/

11. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

Just to clarify why people may be worried about perks being readded, if you don't see "the big deal". The issue is that the server has already pulled our perks away from us before, a move that hurt the stability of the donation incentives. Granted this move was for the betterment of the server, to stay EULA compliant so it can continue to operate. Now it seems perks are readded because "screw it we're blacklisted anyway". While it seems like a great temporary solution to 1. Making players happy 2. Increasing playing count and 3. Generating revenue, it seems like a bad long term solution.

From my understanding we'll either have to re comply with the EULA which means removing all the perks again, a decision that would hurt the stability of donation incentives even more than before, paired with essentially scamming the people that are currently buying ranks like Ultimate for the /fly ability and whatnot. If we don't comply then we'll have to become dependent on always finding ways to bypass the blacklist filter, once mojang updates to 1.12 or whatever I would assume the compatability layer that is letting players join on 1.11 would no longer be possible. When this happens we have to hope that 1.12 will have the same compatability layer that allows players to join blacklisted servers. If 1.12 doesn't have the same layer then the server is forced to have players run through the Squidhq, a move that will only hurt the already dwindling playerbase.

This is why it's a "big deal". I enjoy having perks I paid for as much as the next guy, but I also enjoy having a server to actually play on much more than having these perks. Imagine how devastated players will be again if these get removed in the future, or they will have to be devastated that they can't join Meepcraft at all unless through some sketchy client. Adding perks back is like putting a bandaid on, then in a month or so it's going to be harshly ripped off taking some hairs with it! Ouch.

12. Sirrr_Obama

Sirrr_Obama Meeper

you're just like a more respectful Onis_Luck.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 31, 2016, Original Post Date: Dec 31, 2016 ---
    I have a question. (This isn't to bash the server, staff, etc.)
    But if people are buying ultimate with the perks of /fly and all the other ones that weren't there before it was removed; is there a possibility that if meep is not blacklisted anymore, that those perks will disappear again? @KlutchDecals
    Again, not to bash anyone, I just want to know if my perks will be stable if I (potentially) buy ultimate.

13. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

I picked the worst time to be banned. did perks really come back.
    :((((((

Natsu likes this.
  14. Garde7

Garde7 Popular Meeper

ya story of my life

15. KlutchDecals

This is simply not true. We dont have to fear anything!

Pmx728 likes this.
  16. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

Thank you for the reply, but I'm not quite sure which of my statements in that paragraph is simply not true:

1. Meep would have to remove perks again to become compliant.

2. If Meep stays blacklisted and Mojang updates to 1.12+ then the 1.11 bypass will no longer work.

If the first one is false then why did we have to remove perks in the first place? I'm really hoping it's the 2nd one that's false, but that would require indisputable proof that the 1.11 bypass filter is indefinite.

17. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

I don't care about how transparent staff thinks they are, but @Klitch has explained this in global (in bold where it's taken from him)

Mojang's EULA is something that Meepcraft could not comply with, because to comply, we need to remove literally every perk on the server. Everything was fine until some people reported us, but that shouldn't change Mojang's standards. However, Mojang has blacklisted us without reason and Fuzzlr has been working with them, but we could not figure out why this was happening.
    To solve this issue and the nonsense of Mojang's EULA, Fuzzlr has came up with a way to bypass the blacklist with a regular launcher, with an update to 1.11 . Of course, using the SquidHQ launcher is recommended. With this, there is little to gain from complying. Mojang cannot sue us or ban us legally. Meepcraft is a completely private server and it is not a product of mojang. Since we don't need to comply, perks that do not mess with the economy were brought back.
    The following perks were brought back:
    - /fly -> Ultimate
    - /nv (Night Vision) -> Supreme+
    - /feed -> Elite+

They are accepting suggestions for an Elite+ perk.

I hope that clears it up

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Garde7, metr0n0me and minetifa like this.
  18. minetifa

minetifa Celebrity Meeper

thank u

this thread was getting annoying

MoonlitMadness and Natsu like this.
  19. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

That is the very issue. To assume there is no point in complying with the EULA is naïve. The main reason to be compliant is player count and player retention. It stands to reason that 1.11 workaround will not last forever, at which point the server relies on players using Squidhq to join and play. The likelihood of new players wanting to download a sketchy launcher, to respectfully and rule abindingly try out a blacklisted server is very low. As a compliant server we have much more access to our target demographics than we have as a blacklisted server relying on workarounds and third party installments.

It appears adding perks has upped the playerbase in the past 24 hours or so. However as I said earlier it only seems to be a bandaid fix. Right now people are happy they can join with a regular launcher and they have perks, but what happens when it's Squidhq launcher only? It would seem to create a domino effect of less new players joining so there will be less new/old player retention, ultimately with no retention then donations will follow the pattern and drop as well. It seems more reasonable to remove the few perks left that made us non compliant and have the safety of a steady playerbase, than to readd perks and possibly severely limit the number of people that can openly play on the Meepcraft server.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Sirrr_Obama, Garde7 and Dockson like this.
  20. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Who says meep will be blocked. If you don't like how this server works you can go play on a sucky EULA compliant server that kisses up to stupid Microsoft

Garde7 likes this.