1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

/warp mall

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Bob4444444, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

Have a /warp mall where players can rent a shop plot in spawn! This would take money out of the eco too and give players a greater chance at selling items! Doesn't even have to be a full plot. Just like 10 x 10 or something, maybe more or maybe less. Maybe bigger spaces for bigger ranks? But, you will not be able to have a shop right next to the spawn. Example, /warp alpha. You won't be able to make a sign like SSSoulBlade's or Hornemans' saying do /t join blah. Except, you will not be able to have a shop right at the spawn, unless you are willing to pay a lot more for it. We can make exclusive shops and regular shops. Exclusive shops are closer to spawn. Regular ones aren't. If you are offline for 14 days, you will lose your shop, exclusive or not.

Opinions?

2. lfpnub

lfpnub Popular Meeper

+1
    Nice idea

3. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Have this as a seperate world, and every time you go to the shops, you spawn in a random shop each time, so that waythere are stiff people that can own a shop, and won't ever be in the very back. The exclusive shop owners will have a bigger shop, or maybe have a second floor if that is easier. If you want to go to a specific shop, you can use /shop home (name). the shop owner can type /shop home and they go to their shop, similar to how /t spawn and /t spawn (name) works.

4. Landonator419

Landonator419 Celebrity Meeper

Not needed. But it would be good. +.5

5. Bob4444444

This actually is needed so the new players can get money and the old/rich players can get money as well. But this should make a start to making less of a gap in the economy (MCRich and Horne having 100 mil+ than 99.5% of the players on Meep). We are trying to fix the economy, and this will certainly help, especially Monkey's idea, which I really like.

Tell me why it is not needed, though.

zandra00799 and Landonator419 like this.
  6. Landonator419

Landonator419 Celebrity Meeper

Well we have shops.

7. le gooboy

le gooboy Popular Meeper

eh +/- From what I have seen on other servers, it tends to be that somehow, the already richest players get to have the best shop spot while the newer/poorer ones get the worse ones. This prolongs the ongoing cycle of the poor getting poorer and the rich getting richer as only the richer people get shops that people go to.

zandra00799 and kwagscraft like this.
  8. Bob4444444

But that is why if this is accepted, we will try to do monkey's idea.

Muunkee-Alexia likes this.
  9. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

10. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

+111111 love the idea and as you said, it's a great way to help new players earn some money

CyberneticToast likes this.
  11. ShadowBlizzard

ShadowBlizzard Celebrity Meeper

+/-
    Shops cost money, right?
    Where are the new players supposed to get that money. Oh right, from shops.
    But wait, players go to /warp mall just to buy what they need, meaning newer players don't get as much money until they can buy a shop, which either then turns into an investment that works or dies.

I remember seeing this in Realmcade, we ran out of shops, shops were only owned by those who could afford and sell blocks that were cheap / different, and the wait time for a shop was insane.

12. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Question: How long do you keep your shop? As an active player on Meep, surely you cannot keep the plot forever?
    (Ik you said if you're inactive for 14 days, but if you're a dedicated meeper you should have it for like a month?)

We had this on an old prison server, and they got to keep the plots for a month...Worked very well for the dedicated players... Then there would be 30+ players trying to /plot claim the shop before it goes unowned lel

13. KatieBlue

KatieBlue Well-Known Meeper

Use this edition and its a +1.

14. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

LadyCassandra likes this.
  15. ManUtdFTW11

ManUtdFTW11 Celebrity Meeper

16. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

How about a bazaar.

A bazaar is a building with many stalls. The entrance to the bazaar is a room which allows any player to scroll through a list of player names to view their shop. There is also a desk which allows players to open their own stall. Only donators are allowed to open stalls, non donators cannot open a stall although they may manage one if the owner chooses. (the deluxe shop or medium could be a way to earn Meebles, by renting a area in your shop for your managers to use)

Small stalls have an owner but no managers. A medium stall may have a manager. A deluxe stall may have up to two managers.

Small stalls cost : 50k (10 block by 10 block room) + 2.5k Per day rent.
    Medium stall cost 100k (15 x 15BR) + 5k Per day rent
    Deluxe Stall cost 150K (25x25)BR) +10k Per day rent.

But all in all is there any reason for this due to better chest shops coming shortly?

Bob4444444 likes this.
  17. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

There is no format I can see on the link you gave after all.

As what monkeyhead said, I think it would be better to put on another server world but I think it would lower down the popularity of shops (famous shops) Like, /pwarp shops, /pwarp ex, etc.

+.5

18. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

19. Killdogx

Killdogx Celebrity Meeper

Too smart for that

metr0n0me likes this.
  20. zandra00799

zandra00799 Meeper

+1

The only shop I ever go to is owned by a rich player, I almost never visit other shops. That's unfair to other, newer players and to buyers as well. What if other shops had better prices?