1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

VShop Scam Prevention

Discussion in 'Completed' started by hockeygoalie7800, Jul 6, 2015.

1. hockeygoalie7800

hockeygoalie7800 Popular Meeper

I've noticed recently that there have been a large amount of insanely-priced items on the shop, that people are obviously hoping that someone will buy without checking the price. I feel this is really unfair; why should people be able to make hundreds of thousands of meebles for selling practically nothing and ripping someone off?

My suggestion is simple; all you have to do is add something so when the person types in the command to buy something, it calculates the price and says "Your purchase will cost x meebles. Would you like to buy this?" or something along the lines of that. The player would then type in a command, such as /buy confirm, and they will get their items. Simple fix that will allow players who haven't looked at the price yet (or accidentally type in the command) not to get ripped off.

Thanks for reading, hopefully this gets implemented so people aren't basically scammed. Feel free to leave a comment on what you think! :D

Edit: For those of you saying to check /find, if someone goes to buy a stack of diamonds and /find shows this:
    • 12 diamonds for 449.99 meebles
    • 7 diamonds for 454 meebles
    • 23 diamonds for 463 meebles
    • 38 diamonds for 472.3 meebles
    Wouldn't it be a lot nicer to just get one number instead of pulling out a calculator to figure out how much it will cost?

Edit 2: This could also be toggled so that it doesn't bother players (because then it would be their fault for not having it active).

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    StopResetting likes this.
  2. Methul

Methul Popular Meeper

+1
    I agree, but I think that it would be a good idea to implement this on purchases that are 5000 meebles and greater to prevent spam.

Supershot1200 likes this.
  3. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

I'm pretty sure that they already have this added on the trello page.. Fuzz wrote the same thing, he wanted a confirmation before purchasing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 6, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 6, 2015 ---
    Here it is underneath the suggestions part: https://trello.com/c/krWMeYZI/9-meepshop

Toostenheimer likes this.
  4. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I feel that this would further annoy the players that actually type /find before they buy the items...
    Maybe could make it toggle-able, with the default being on. That way you can /confirm off or something, and if you buy a fence for 100K or something it's your fault.
    then again it's also your fault for not checking first.

It'll be fixed in some way eventually. There's no real good reason to set the price of something that high- this is a problem, and it's

happened to several players, and staff will generally fix it sooner than later.

5. lfpnub

lfpnub Popular Meeper

I've lost about 500k to this +100000000

6. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

-1, I usually do that to put a stock on items like stone. Then once I get a decent amount I'll lower the price. They are already being taxd a good bit out of it. Plus its the player's responsibility to check /find.

7. Dat_Coffee

Dat_Coffee Popular Meeper

+1
    I hate accidentally spending 10k on a block of dirt...
    Also, Vshop scamming should be a bannable offense.

8. hockeygoalie7800

I like the idea, but then if it's a known amount such as 5000 meebles then people will probably sell for 4999.99 instead.

9. Jdude5786

Jdude5786 Popular Meeper

There is an easy fix for all you lazy people use the following example type

/buy 15 Diamond 450

it will only buy 15 diamonds that are 450 or less. Never type just

/buy 15 diamond

You'll eventually be burned. Buying something like wood?

/Buy 100 Wood 5

Don't let the scammers selling 1 wood for 50000 get their payday ever.

10. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

1) It's not a scam, because you are willingly buying it, they are not obscuring the price, or using any deception. This is 100% not paying attention, or not doing something correctly.

2) Just use the commands provided in the plugin, and you will never _ever_ pay a lot of money for something again.

/find <item>
    /buy <quantity> <item> <maxprice>

11. Bluapol

Bluapol Media Team Meeper

To prevent this i fixed some of those scams, for example I tried to find all of the overpriced ítems and sell some myself for a decent price.

Check /find: door, glisteringmelon, brewingstand, leatherleggings, etc

12. hockeygoalie7800

I understand that, but I just feel it wouldn't be that hard to add this in; it already has to calculate the final price, so why not just make a confirmation with the final price? You could always make it possible to toggle it off for people who don't want to have to deal with it.

13. Methul

Methul Popular Meeper

No I mean if the total purchase exceeds 5000, not one item.

14. hockeygoalie7800

Oh that makes a lot more sense.

15. LionWaffles

LionWaffles Well-Known Meeper

+1 i have lost 1000 meeples from this :p

16. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

When you type /buy there is no mention of the max price.
    It is reasonable for people to make mistakes when it says proper use "/buy <quantity> <item>"

17. hockeygoalie7800

Exactly. If a new player comes on and makes 100k meebles, and then they go to buy a torch and type /buy, that will come up. If they then type /buy 1 torch and it charges them 100k meebles (all of their money), do you think that player will be ok with it or do you think they will get mad and never come back?

18. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

superbros1211 likes this.
  19. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Added to trello

20. shains

shains never stop fighting

This is resolved due to the shop forcing you to add a max price to your purchase.