1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Towny Policy change: Effective 11/15/14

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Cooleysworld, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

So you could have 100 residents with none of them owning plots, get 100 unowned plots and you would be fine?

2. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

Doesn't that combat the whole reason for the rule?

White Mamba likes this.
  3. Cookies713

Cookies713 Celebrity Meeper

I have a town with 24 plots and 20 residents, however 4 plots are the main spawn and 5 are unclaimable due to the fact that they I am either leveling them or using them as pathways. Is this legal? Just wanted to double-check.

buildmaster1000x likes this.
  4. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

Yes, you just have to own equal or more plots than residents.

5. Cookies713

Cookies713 Celebrity Meeper

Well this is going to be an interesting month, what with taxes broken and stuff. I don't know if I have the money in the bank to sustain me for very long ._.

~Cookies

Erebus45 likes this.
  6. Nerf958

Nerf958 Celebrity Meeper

Question, where is the 50% of meebles going to?

7. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

Whew is 50% of what meebles going to?

8. Nerf958

Nerf958 Celebrity Meeper

The 50% that would be fined from the mayors/towns that don't comply.

9. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

It will be deleted from game as every fine.

Nerf958 likes this.
  10. White Mamba

White Mamba Celebrity Meeper

If this is supposed to make people's experiences better and supposedly ensuring that everyone can enjoy the Towny experience then it's really pointless. Because there are towns with like 10 plots by 10 plots for spawns plus roads, honestly this will backfire. Many towns use multiple plots for recreational, multiple plot residencies, and roads so there will still be people left without houses because these towns will still have the 1:1 ratio without actually providing house plots.

11. RaidByNightOnly

RaidByNightOnly Celebrity Meeper

So here is what you do, You have Little Timmy live in the Pond and Little Johnny gets the Rock and Suzy gets the Bench.

12. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

This is pretty much the situation that my town is in. I have some residents that do not own plots, but I make up for it with roads.

13. shepherdthree

shepherdthree Popular Meeper

The other issue you have is the problems of supporting the bigger towns if members are not donating to the town. It is hard for my town to keep afloat i think we currently have 12 days worth of taxes in the town bank with only a few donating to the town.

14. Jinkeloid

Jinkeloid Celebrity Meeper

This is just so idiot.
    How many people still playing Meep? How many towns there are in alpha or beta? And how many towns didn't break this rule?
    Basically, you are forcing mayors to invite more people to play Meep! And that's Fuzzlr or Admin things!
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 30, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 30, 2014 ---
    And you removed vshop, people are making big pwarp shops, pwarp are in town. If you want people enjoy towny, and make plot 1:1 with resident, some players can't have plot due to this rule! If they own a plot, the number of plot will >number of residents! And how do you make people enjoy in town if they even have a plot?

Big joke?!

15. shepherdthree

It does not force towns to recruit more members Jinkeloid it requires that towns be set up with at least the same number of plots as residents. So towns with 100 members are required to have at least 100 plots. The towns can have more plots then 100 and still be legal

16. Jinkeloid

You are funny, where you go to find 100players? You don't understand what I said are you?! You just go ask any mayor if their town has 1:1 plot and residents. If you want to me conclude all this, is that staff want make people poorer. Because plot tax is 100 before, now it's 65, 2/3 of 100=66. Now they rise the plot tax 50% more, so 65*50%+ 65= 97.5 !

Staff knows that most of Meepers are not smart enough to know this so they are pretend to be a nice man, but the truth is they are very FAKE!

17. shepherdthree

I am a town mayor and my town does not have a 1:1 ratio (residents: plots) it is more plots then residents in my town. I don't remember how many plots we have but it is way more then the resident number. My concern is that with the way the economy is going there is no way to make money other than some of the mini games and you can not make a off in a single day to support large towns with out taxing your residents to death.

Jinkeloid and Bob4444444 like this.
  18. Jinkeloid

Right, that's the problem, we don't have enough players for the plot we have, but they want us to do it and saying '' ohhh it's good for players, we are clearing useless towns (exemple)''------>FAKE ,if you want people leave and economy die faster, then DO IT!

19. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

I don't think you understand. You needs to have enough plots for your residents, not enough residents for your plots.

CyberneticToast likes this.
  20. Jinkeloid

That's because you should say : number of plot should ≥ number of residents