1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Topaz4293's Art Shop

1. Topaz4293

Topaz4293 Active Meeper

Hi I'm fairly new to the server and I'm interested in trying to make my own town. Problem is no dollah to do it with. I'm not against the idea of earning my keep so I decided to put my drawing skills to use and make an art shop.

Commissions take me anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 hours to a few days to do depending on the detail.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
    Pricing:
    ʘ‿ʘ 10,000 for a bust (Head+shoulders)

ʘ‿ʘ 15,000 for full body

ʘ‿ʘ Group picture 20,000 +5k for each additional person past 2 (so 2 person group is 20k 3 person group is 25k ect)

ʘ‿ʘ Elaborate backgrounds are Base cost + 20,000 (so a bust with a complex background is 30k, a group pic with 3 people and a complicated background is 55k)

ʘ‿ʘ Additional nit-picky details like "I want my MC Avatar to be hanging upside-down from the Hollywood sign while cuddling an orangutan made of sponge and diamonds" will be handled on a case by case basis, the more complicated the detail the more dollah it's going to cost. Little things like "Can I have a nondescript sword" Are free as I consider them part of the character
    Since it'd be unfair to say "gib money for artz" without showing you what I do here is a few samples of some of my favorite works I've done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ( The rest can be seen here http://imgur.com/9aguxUw,mCybmp3,fc...lrL,y0JJAez,9sa8B9H,L7npsJJ,SwO4ttW,Ot74ugO#4 )

Here is a nice format you can ask for works with that won't be confusing for anyone hopefully:
    Username: (Who gib dollah)
    Price you're aiming for: $$$
    What you want: Avatar art, house pic, whatever you want, if it's a portrait or something I'll need a reference, even a stick figure with a good description can work. I will not draw you Hentai, Suggestive is OK prons isn't. Group pictures will generally be more than solo pictures and landscapes included in pictures will also be a bit more.

Process of a commission:
    1 You tell me what you want and we agree to a price
    2 I draw it, sometimes giving WIP screenshots
    3 when I finish drawing it I send you a watermarked version of it
    4 we get on Meepcraft at the same time and you pay me the money agreed to
    5 when I get the money I will give you the link to the un-watermarked version of it in a slightly higher resolution (png vs jpg)
    6 welcome to the happy art owner list!

My response will usually be within the day and will be "yes I can draw this" or "no I need a little more information" along with a price estimate and time estimate.

If I am online I am open and will check this thread.
    Commissions queue ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ :
    OhDraqq (1 is done, 2nd piece: Line art done in sketch pad, I'll scan and color tomorrow)
    Erebus45 (2nd in line Line art done in sketch pad)
    rrh18 (3rd in line, going to take this one in 3 sections, first section is in drafting now)
    Pyro (4th in line)
    GummiBirr (5th in line)
    NmanPvP (6th in line)

Happy Art Owners list ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻:
    SplendyPie
    bbycakes
    Legokev1999
    rAwsondayc

I will keep this line updated I usually get through one of these a day depending on complexity sometimes I can get more done. Make sure to check back often for updates.
    FAQs

ʘ‿ʘ How do you draw like this?
    ~I've been an artist since high school which was about 4 years ago for me, I'm a senior in college majoring in Virtual Technology and Design, I've had a lot of practice

ʘ‿ʘ Why do you do some of the ones in line while you have a WIP?
    ~
    I go crazy if I work on the same thing for 3 hours straight. To mitigate this I juggle projects a little to mix things up and keep ideas fresh. Sometimes I even do better when I step back from something for a few hours and go back to it. It's not because I'm neglecting you honest.

ʘ‿ʘ Why are your examples all girls/women?
    ~ I'm an avid D&D player and RPer in another community, these are all various characters I use for things like that and some college project. Thing is I'm female and don't like playing guys, not sure why but I find it awkward. I can draw both fine.

ʘ‿ʘ Will you show us how you do Art things?
    ~
    Line Art
    Coloring

ʘ‿ʘ Can you teach me?
    ~
    No ones asked me this yet but I have a feeling it's coming. Long answer short Yes I can. I do assistant teaching during the school year so I'm actually semi-qualified to teach this sort of thing. If it comes down to that I will either do a step by step video with me talking (- me swearing at lines not doing things I want). If it's just a one on one teaching I can do it via Skype Screen-share but I'll worry about that when it comes up.

ʘ‿ʘ I want to make my own art store.
    ~ Go for it, Different people have different art styles that draw different audiences. I have my style and you'd have yours. I'll even let you use my format if you ask nicely.

ʘ‿ʘ Do you take tips?
    ~ Yes, they are not part of the price though and I don't expect them, Tips should be a reflection of how far and beyond I went on your particular piece in your opinion. Don't feel you HAVE to tip me, that's silly.

ʘ‿ʘ Is there any way I can help you?
    ~
    If you feel super compelled to help me out direct people to this thread. Shameless advertising. Just don't get in trouble doing it that's bad publicity.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014