1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Topaz4293's Art Shop

Discussion in 'Closed Marketplace' started by Topaz4293, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Topaz4293

Topaz4293 Active Meeper

Hi I'm fairly new to the server and I'm interested in trying to make my own town. Problem is no dollah to do it with. I'm not against the idea of earning my keep so I decided to put my drawing skills to use and make an art shop.

Commissions take me anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 hours to a few days to do depending on the detail.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
    Pricing:
    ʘ‿ʘ 10,000 for a bust (Head+shoulders)

ʘ‿ʘ 15,000 for full body

ʘ‿ʘ Group picture 20,000 +5k for each additional person past 2 (so 2 person group is 20k 3 person group is 25k ect)

ʘ‿ʘ Elaborate backgrounds are Base cost + 20,000 (so a bust with a complex background is 30k, a group pic with 3 people and a complicated background is 55k)

ʘ‿ʘ Additional nit-picky details like "I want my MC Avatar to be hanging upside-down from the Hollywood sign while cuddling an orangutan made of sponge and diamonds" will be handled on a case by case basis, the more complicated the detail the more dollah it's going to cost. Little things like "Can I have a nondescript sword" Are free as I consider them part of the character
    Since it'd be unfair to say "gib money for artz" without showing you what I do here is a few samples of some of my favorite works I've done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ( The rest can be seen here http://imgur.com/9aguxUw,mCybmp3,fc...lrL,y0JJAez,9sa8B9H,L7npsJJ,SwO4ttW,Ot74ugO#4 )

Here is a nice format you can ask for works with that won't be confusing for anyone hopefully:
    Username: (Who gib dollah)
    Price you're aiming for: $$$
    What you want: Avatar art, house pic, whatever you want, if it's a portrait or something I'll need a reference, even a stick figure with a good description can work. I will not draw you Hentai, Suggestive is OK prons isn't. Group pictures will generally be more than solo pictures and landscapes included in pictures will also be a bit more.

Process of a commission:
    1 You tell me what you want and we agree to a price
    2 I draw it, sometimes giving WIP screenshots
    3 when I finish drawing it I send you a watermarked version of it
    4 we get on Meepcraft at the same time and you pay me the money agreed to
    5 when I get the money I will give you the link to the un-watermarked version of it in a slightly higher resolution (png vs jpg)
    6 welcome to the happy art owner list!

My response will usually be within the day and will be "yes I can draw this" or "no I need a little more information" along with a price estimate and time estimate.

If I am online I am open and will check this thread.
    Commissions queue ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ :
    OhDraqq (1 is done, 2nd piece: Line art done in sketch pad, I'll scan and color tomorrow)
    Erebus45 (2nd in line Line art done in sketch pad)
    rrh18 (3rd in line, going to take this one in 3 sections, first section is in drafting now)
    Pyro (4th in line)
    GummiBirr (5th in line)
    NmanPvP (6th in line)

Happy Art Owners list ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻:
    SplendyPie
    bbycakes
    Legokev1999
    rAwsondayc

I will keep this line updated I usually get through one of these a day depending on complexity sometimes I can get more done. Make sure to check back often for updates.
    FAQs

ʘ‿ʘ How do you draw like this?
    ~I've been an artist since high school which was about 4 years ago for me, I'm a senior in college majoring in Virtual Technology and Design, I've had a lot of practice

ʘ‿ʘ Why do you do some of the ones in line while you have a WIP?
    ~
    I go crazy if I work on the same thing for 3 hours straight. To mitigate this I juggle projects a little to mix things up and keep ideas fresh. Sometimes I even do better when I step back from something for a few hours and go back to it. It's not because I'm neglecting you honest.

ʘ‿ʘ Why are your examples all girls/women?
    ~ I'm an avid D&D player and RPer in another community, these are all various characters I use for things like that and some college project. Thing is I'm female and don't like playing guys, not sure why but I find it awkward. I can draw both fine.

ʘ‿ʘ Will you show us how you do Art things?
    ~
    Line Art
    Coloring

ʘ‿ʘ Can you teach me?
    ~
    No ones asked me this yet but I have a feeling it's coming. Long answer short Yes I can. I do assistant teaching during the school year so I'm actually semi-qualified to teach this sort of thing. If it comes down to that I will either do a step by step video with me talking (- me swearing at lines not doing things I want). If it's just a one on one teaching I can do it via Skype Screen-share but I'll worry about that when it comes up.

ʘ‿ʘ I want to make my own art store.
    ~ Go for it, Different people have different art styles that draw different audiences. I have my style and you'd have yours. I'll even let you use my format if you ask nicely.

ʘ‿ʘ Do you take tips?
    ~ Yes, they are not part of the price though and I don't expect them, Tips should be a reflection of how far and beyond I went on your particular piece in your opinion. Don't feel you HAVE to tip me, that's silly.

ʘ‿ʘ Is there any way I can help you?
    ~
    If you feel super compelled to help me out direct people to this thread. Shameless advertising. Just don't get in trouble doing it that's bad publicity.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  2. steviefiveo56

steviefiveo56 I just build here

how do you draw these?

wow there good!!!

3. Splasho

Splasho Celebrity Meeper

Ok you like drawing women....

leodavinci9000 likes this.
  4. Topaz4293

Topaz4293 Active Meeper

They're characters I use for various things, I don't like playing guy characters (I am female if you're that currious) I can draw both though.

qawsedrf1835 likes this.
  5. legokev1999

legokev1999 Popular Meeper

This is a great idea!

IGN: legokev1999
    Price: 60k-75k
    What I want: I'll send a pm.

6. bbycakes2012

bbycakes2012 Half baby, Half cake

I'll pay you 20k to draw my skin but like a person, not a square person. lol

hippapajo and NotRyqn like this.
  7. Topaz4293

Topaz4293 Active Meeper

A simple drawing like that I can do in about an hour or so, I only charge 15k for full body 10k for portrait
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 17, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 17, 2014 ---
    Pardon the double post~

I added a queue line for people who have requested drawings. If you made a request and you don't see your name on there please let me know so I can fix it. I will keep it updated in the first post for viewing convenience.

8. NotRyqn

NotRyqn Celebrity Meeper

AMAZING ART LOVE IT!

9. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

Topaz you are gonna make a killing from all of this! gl
    <------- P.S love it so much <3

NotRyqn likes this.
  10. Topaz4293

Topaz4293 Active Meeper

Thank you ^.^

11. legokev1999

legokev1999 Popular Meeper

I agree with Splendypie, this should be the next big thing on Meep. Topaz made this amazing piece for me! If you're debating whether or not to commission something, this might change your mind :3

Splendy and SirCallow like this.
  12. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

The picture you drew legokev is approaching 6k, 4k won't be a standard for another couple years or so. I absolutely love hi-res drawings of any kind, and there are so few 4k artists out there. It makes me sad.

I think you may have a regular customer in the near future.

Erebus45 likes this.
  13. rAwsondayc

rAwsondayc Celebrity Meeper

OMG I don't even enjoy Anime but I'll take one of these puppies.

IGN: rAwsondayc
    Price: 40k
    What I Want: My ingame character sitting on a beach chair facing diagonally towards the picture POV. About one-sixth of the right side of the picture shows the backside of a television that is facing my ingame player. I'll sketch something and PM you soon. If you want more meebles, please ask!

14. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

Username: Erebus45
    Price you're aiming for: 50-150k
    What you want: Nagisa Furukawa from Clannad wearing a simple white dress in a field of yellow flowers please
    [EDIT]: Can you make her hair pulled back with a ribbon

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    BlackJack likes this.
  15. Topaz4293

Topaz4293 Active Meeper

no need for the reference I think I get what you mean, I'll pm you the line art when I get going on that since I'm at a stand still waiting for a response on the person in front of you in line. I found your skin on a little skin search tool someone showed me so you're good to go

rAwsondayc likes this.
  16. Pyro707

Pyro707 Popular Meeper

That great, I love art, I supose I'm an artist as well, I am not nearly as good in this area though (I like realistic and geometric drawings) But my talents aren't this marketable, what I do really doesn't work in profile pictures or signatures though, perhaps I'll contact you, I like your style, I'll send you a sketch or simply a concept.

17. rAwsondayc

rAwsondayc Celebrity Meeper

I am sooo excited

18. Topaz4293

Topaz4293 Active Meeper

Seeing as sleep is for the weak, moving down the list to yours next while I wait. I'll pm you details as they come up.

Erebus45 likes this.
  19. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

Wow there amazing!!!!!!

20. Topaz4293

Topaz4293 Active Meeper

I'm taking a short breather between some commissions right now as I got my town and am building that as well as practicing a different shading method, I'll post the new example picture when I finish it in the name of science.

SirCallow, Splendy and Erebus45 like this.