1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

This Is How Towny Prices Should Be!

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Hornemans, Feb 28, 2015.

1. SillySilver

SillySilver Celebrity Meeper

-1, not everyone are millionares like you who can afford to this.

2. Squid53214

Squid53214 Popular Meeper

Town prices are fine as they are, in my opinion. Many people like myself, who are middle-income players (20-200k), sometimes find trouble expanding towns when taxes are high. When the plot taxes go up, so do the taxes the towns set on its residents. I agree steps should be taken to improve the economy, but I do not agree that this is a good way to go about it. Not everybody is rich.

xAZN_SJx likes this.
  3. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Agreed with Deinen... -1

4. ToonMichaela

ToonMichaela Celebrity Meeper

2 things.
    1. stop with the random colored text or making the letters thicker... it looks stupid...
    and 2:
    im with Deinen...

5. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

Any more thoughts?

6. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

This is interesting.

7. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

I quite like the idea of making it easier for new players to start their own town, i think this is one of the most important facets of the whole player experience that isn't given enough thought, i know cooleysworld comes on and raises and lowers prices every ~6 months but as you stated the current setup is very very discouraging for new players, perhaps you have hit on the right trail.

that being said:
    IMHO town taxes should be less and plot pricing should be more, we should not punish the veteran players for their ambitions and committed playtime, in fact i think we should reward them.
    Who knows maybe players could be more committed to being good mayors if they weren't worried about covering upkeep.
    On the other hand if we run meep like a business, we should probably try to force them to donate regularly in order to keep their town up. Verdict is out on that debate forever.

In short though, I definitely think new players should be able to get into their own town faster. +1

8. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

You want it to be harder for large towns to make profit I am assuming by looking at your posts, which is a big no. You can't make a rule for big towns that will screw over small towns (an 8 plot town shouldnt have 2k tax that's outrageous.)

9. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

Not sure what your trying to say but it is nothing like the suggestion states? Read below (20 plot town breaks even daily for 52 seconds of time it takes to vote!
    I agree, all the prices i suggested as obviously up for debate and changes, I just posted numbers that "i think" would would fine and also that can clearly define the overall idea better. Daily taxes sure i mean 100, 150, 200, anything less then 250 would work i would hope 100 would be the lowest it would go as daily taxes is "from my numbers" the biggest sink in the Eco right now which is was i was trying to preserve/increase :) to allow for more/bigger faucets in other places like gold back back online, or better /warp shop prices or whatever.
    True, and you right the debate on this is out. I am clearly on the side that thinks "ALL TOWN RESIDENTS" should pay for the town, hence my towns always charging taxes! Also as far as mayors making money and giving them incentive for being mayors Horneburg was making 1 million a day profit off town taxes which could have been used to pay "GOOD" assistants or mayors for being good mayors etc. As well as for expanding the town, and what not.
    Interesting indeed! I'm available on TS if you interested in hearing the "FULL" idea instead of this abridged version on the forums.

10. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

Hey hornemans, you noob. You got 666 likes right now.
    Just a heads up because you locked your profile to hide it from everyone except who you follow lol.

11. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles