1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

The Ultimate Guide to PvP

Discussion in 'Unofficial Guides' started by MrJoe223, Aug 4, 2013.

1. MrJoe223

MrJoe223 Popular Meeper

Hey. This is a PvP guide I wrote a bit back for here, pre-CG. It was pretty popular back then, so I thought you guys might enjoy it. It is old, and does deserve updating. Might get to that soon.

ITEMS

Gear: The best advice I have for this category is: Arm to the encounter. If the terrain is extremely open(Ex. inner portion of the CTF map), bring a bow and a sheaf of arrows. I mean a lot. 5 stacks if you could. If the terrain is relatively cramped, *(like the Terrarium,)* bring a sword or two. Now, I'm not saying that you can't do well with a bow in Terrarium, I'm saying that it’s easier to excel with weapons which correspond to the terrain in which you're fighting.

Armor: Always diamond. Diamond, diamond, diamond.
    Note: Chainmail. It looks cool, yes, but it only has the same protection value as gold armor. So don't brag about your "super cool armor" and proceed with diamond armor.

Enchantments: I've decided to separate this section from the gear section, for reasons undisclosed.
    Armor: Now, enchanting your armor is a task which is mostly based on luck. But don't be disappointed if you don't get protection IV. Most people see what they've enchanted, and think: "Are you kidding me? Protection I? Level 30?" However, you shouldn't be sad if you don't get Protection IV on all of your armor pieces. Protection IV on all four armor pieces isn't the best protection. In Minecraft, the damage reduction you get from armor is capped at 25 EPF points. Protection IV is worth 11 points per piece, III 7, II 5, and I 3. This means, if you have all Protection IV armor, you're not getting the best deal.

4 x IV(4 x 11) = 44 EPF, or so it would seem. However, it's capped. At 25. If you have all Protection IV, you're only getting 21 points, four less than the max. You're bettter off with: Protection IV on your chestplate and pants, Protection I on your helmet, and Feather Falling on your boots. It’s also good to have the thorns enchantment, but it makes the armor wear out quicker. Don’t use it if you’re in for a long fight.

Swords: Let’s face it. Some enchantments are useeeeless in a PvP situation. So dump that Bane of Arthropods III sword, and grab that Sharpness IV sword on your wall.
    BoA: Useless in PvP.
    Smite: Useless in PvP.
    Looting: Useless for winning fights, however, you have a greater chance of beheading those you defeat, the higher its level.
    Sharpness: V, if you can get it. The best all-around enchantment you want.
    Knockback: II. Not as useful as FA, though. Good for running away.
    Fire Aspect: II, pretty useful as a secondary enchantment. Burn, baby, burn.
    Unbreaking III: Can be useless in PvP. Only helpful for long fights.

Bows: Kill your enemies from afar; claim you're Grizz.
    Power: V, a staple of any useful bow.
    Infinity: I, useful for prolonged fights.
    Flame: I, a lovely secondary.
    Punch: II, send your enemies flying back. Not that useful, though, unless you're trying to run away.
    Unbreaking III: Can be useless in PvP. Only helpful for long fights.
    ADDING TACTICS, FOOD, AND POTIONS SOON.
    Potions: These can, if used correctly, make your fight.
    Defensive/Positive Potions:
    Strength: A must-have. Increases melee damage by 1.5 hearts per tier.
    Regeneration: A lovely potion which restores your health. Completely awesome. Restores about a half-heart per second on tier one.
    Insta-Health: An awesome potion. Restores 2 hearts per potion tier.
    Swiftness: Prove you’re Usain Bolt. Useful for fleeing fights you know you’re going to lose.
    Fire Res: Become Fire Mario; immunity to fire is given.
    Night Vision: A must for night raids; lightens world to brightness 15.
    Invisibility: Sneaky, sneaky. Renders user completely invisible, except for armor and items held in hand. NOTE: ILLEGAL IN TERRARIUM

Offensive/Negative Potions; Note: Brew these with Gunpowder: It makes splash potions. If you drink one of these, I will find you and throw fireballs at you. I’m not kidding.
    Insta-Damage: Your left hand, assuming you hold your sword in your right. Brew for level two. These kill.
    Poison: If your opponent is that much stronger than you, chuck one of these, and high-tail it. Come back when he’s hurt, and finish him off. //MIGHT BE ILLEGAL IN TERRARIUM, CHECK RULES
    Weakness: These make your opponent weak, effectively the opposite of the strength potion; easy to finish off.
    Slowness: Trying to win a foot race, you coward? Chuck one of these, and you’re going to win.

Food: If your hunger bar is below 90%, you aren’t regenerating health. That can be bad, especially in a fight. =3
    “Normal” Food: E.g. food with no special effects.
    Cookies: Tasty, but useless. One “drumstick.”
    Melon Slices: Inefficient, only restores one drumstick.
    Potato: Potato, potahto. Half a drumstick.
    Raw beef: Enjoy an uncooked hambahgah. One and a half.
    Raw fish: Something’s fishy in your head if you use this. One.
    Raw porkchop: Iconic Minecraft; not from Pig Island. One 1/2
    Red apple: Notch drops one of these when he dies. Two.
    Carrot: Vitamin A. Two.
    Bread: Not money, bread. Two point five.
    Cooked fish: Don’t drop the bass(HUR HUR). Two and a half.
    Golden carrot: @CarrotShock. Three.
    Baked potato: Use plenty of butter. Three.
    Cooked chicken: He cooked your chicken, pun intended. Three.
    Mushroom stew: SKY, Y U PURPLE! Three.
    Cooked porkchop: Die, piggy. Four.
    Punkin pie: Thanksgiving already? Four.
    Steak: Om nom. Four.

“Abnormal” Food: E.g. food with magical/negative/special effects.
    Poisonous potato: 100% of getting food poisoning, terrible food choice. One.
    Spider Eye: Ew; 100% of getting poisoned. One.
    Raw chicken: 30% of food poisoning. One.
    Golden apple: Regular golden apple, four seconds of regen. Two.
    Rotten flesh: Ewewewewew. 80% food poisoning chance. Two.
    "Regular" golden apple: Still expensive, takes 9 ingots.
    Enchanted golden apple: The big momma food. 30 seconds of super-fast regen, five minutes of resistance and fire resistance. Two.
    Cake: Placeable. Total: Six.
    Saturation: This is hidden food bar. If you eat a steak, for example, when your hunger is at 8 drumsticks, the other two drumsticks are saved. Obviously, it’s wiser to eat more nourishing food when your food bar is higher.

Comment: Food. We all eat it. Unless you’re a donator with access to /feed, or are a hardcore PvP’er, food is an integral part of PvP. The comments for this section are mostly no-brainers; you’re not going to want to place a cake down in the middle of a fight. You’re also not going to want to eat your golden apple right before your opponent sticks his knife in you: Metal-laced fruit doesn’t cure an acute iron-overload. With that in mind, plan when you’re going to eat. If you see your opponent, and your hunger bar is dropping quickly, eat. Don’t run to attack him.

COPYRIGHT INFO: All information in this tutorial is provided courtesy of MrJoe223, Esq, and may be used and distrubuted anywhere, as long as credit is given. If money is made off the sale of the information above, a 5% royalty must be given.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

Awesome guide!

3. MrJoe223

MrJoe223 Popular Meeper

True, and thanks for that; it *is* old. I'll update it now. :p

XxNine_TailsxX likes this.
  4. j00mad

j00mad Guest

Gerd guide joe

5. chirp1234

chirp1234 Celebrity Meeper

Sadly, I suck at PVP no matter what:p

Good guide though lol.

6. 922yalp

922yalp Popular Meeper

I thought Prot IV had 5 EPF.

7. Theawesomechief

Theawesomechief Popular Meeper

I think he means for wild PVP. Like on factions servers.

TNT404 likes this.
  8. Noblet12

Noblet12 Active Meeper

Also, both tiers of golden apples give you apsorption for 1:30, and health pots were nerfed and only heal 2 hearts per tier.
    Other that those things great guide! :)
    Edit: regeneration potions were nerfed too and only restore half a heart every 2.5 seconds

XxNine_TailsxX likes this.
  9. RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal

RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal Meeper

I wanna give so much tips and secrets but I wont because I'm scared everyone is going to use em D:

Dhovakhin likes this.
  10. MrJoe223

MrJoe223 Popular Meeper

bump for teh lulz

11. Jessica

Jessica Active Meeper

[​IMG]
    I like to have hitbox on it works better for me.

12. MrJoe223

MrJoe223 Popular Meeper

13. 922yalp

922yalp Popular Meeper

Actually, its because enchantments other than protection have higher EPF, so 2 pieces or so can max the stat out.

14. TNT404

TNT404 Popular Meeper

It isn't Ultimate if Rusian, Felix, Coco, Damien, Chap, or somebody else like that did it.