1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: The MeepTimes #37

1. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

is this you draqq

2. Swishy4

Swishy4 Meeper

Hi, I'm kinda new to this server, but already I really like the community :)

Pmx728, iKitten, Natsu and 3 others like this.
  3. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

[​IMG]

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works. This will be published every other Friday.​

Community Events

Tribute Bonfire
    Visible for miles in Wild, an enormous tribute to the server was constructed by @Even_Longer using close to 370,000 wood planks as a dedication to the future of Meepcraft. . . then was immediately set on fire to truly make the party start!

Shipbuilding Contest

Are you a master shipbuilder? Earn a free rankup by building the best ship in Creative for @missy1480!

Halo Tournament
    After the last edition of the Meeptimes was released, numerous suggestions were made to host a tournament like in the story. Well, it is our pleasure to announce the Meeptimes Halo Tournament! One grand prize winner will receive fifty thousand Meebles. Donations to the overall prize are accepted, and amounts will be adjusted for runner ups and first closer to the tournament. To enter, simply contact one of the names mentioned at the bottom of this edition of the Meeptimes, and you will be matched against several people to become the champion! More details will be released at a later date!

The Project - Lotto Revamp!

[​IMG]

What is the Lotto Revamp?
    Lotto is a feature in the towns world that players buy tickets to create a larger pot that one person wins. Now it is currently being remodeled to better serve a more unique purpose on the server.

Who’s been working on it?

• @Flamedemond2 has been in charge of creating an outline for the lotto and taking in suggestions from other staff members

Let’s Talk!

Over the past week questions have been sent off to some of the key people involved in this project. Using their answers, let’s get some insight on this week's project - Lotto Revamp!

What is your role?
    My role in lotto is to create the outline for how I believe it can benefit the server. I do this by incorporating my ideas, the staffs ideas, and hopefully soon enough the communities. - @Flamedemond2

What was is your overall experience working on Lotto?
    Working with lotto has given me the chance to talk to many people about what they think it should look like. I love hearing people's thoughts and ideas, so all the feedback is greatly appreciated. - @Flamedemond2

Do you enjoy working on it?
    Getting to collaborate with others always makes a project more fun. Alongside that I feel like I've been given a lot of liberty with this, so it's a lot of fun to work on. - @Flamedemond2

How do you think the players of Meep will like the improvements you are thinking of adding?
    My hope is that with the communities input, this can be made to be something fun and enjoyable for all players of meep, not just those who have a lot of money (hint hint). - @Flamedemond2

Do you have anything you would like to add?
    I can't wait to share the ideas we have planned with everyone, so be on the lookout for it! - @Flamedemond2

Let’s get some Tech and Admin input!

What input have you had on this project?
    My input has not been much. I told Flame about the current setup and gave a description of what it was like, and let him take full charge. I fully trust him to get community input and make a lotto everyone loves. - @KlutchDecals

I have been involved in suggesting new ideas to @Flamedemond2 on how to improve the lottery to increase both player participation and enjoyment. Although the implementation process has not yet begun, I will most likely be either heavily or somewhat involved in that process. - @Vamp1re_Man

How do you go about deciding if changes to the server are appropriate?

I go about deciding the appropriate changes by going to the test world and abusing it as much as I can. I look at the numbers and the stats on the outcome usually with xT3Kx and we go over what needs to be buffed or nerfed. - @KlutchDecals

How do you think the new lotto will affect the economy and general MeepCraft experience?
    Lottery has always been a 0 income, 0 output plugin. What players bet is what the pot is. We done add or subtract from the eco. The money simply changes hands so I don't expect much of an economic change. The experience of lotto has always been a fun one though. Winning it and seeing everyone spam you, having the new players ask you for money, it's always a good time. - @KlutchDecals

Storytime with the Crew - Traveling Trials

Timothy was pretty low-maintenance as far as he was concerned. He was quite happy just traveling from town to town, living off the bare minimum, thank you very much. After the hustle and bustle of the vibrant towns he visited, it was quite nice to lay out under the stars in the evening and sit by his small campfire. However, he hadn’t always lived like this, oh no.

Timothy had always managed to find himself on some really wacky adventures, through no fault of his own. He just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, sometimes it worked out for the better and sometimes not!

“You’ve had a fine life, Tim.” He said to himself, cradling the flask of tea in his hands and watching the smoke dance through the evening air. The now ancient watch on his wrist still ticking.

A long while ago, Timothy would regale the stories he had made and come across on his travels, lending his words to anyone with ears eager enough to listen. This earned him quite the reputation around the places he travelled, and quite an audience.

However, there was one tale Timothy held quite close to his chest. Not because it wasn’t to be told, but because it was a story he had grown up with, one that was precious to him. With this on his mind, Timothy couldn’t help but think back on it, his mind wandering.

Forty Years Earlier

“Come on, Molly!” The boy sighed, the little yorkshire terrier just would not budge, and his father wouldn’t be happy to see the dog’s muddy feet all over the carpet. Nor would Louis, the butler, come to think of it. He wasn’t a fan of mess, but he could hardly help it, Molly had a mind of her own. The boy checked his watch, a rather expensive contraption with a blue face and golden dial, it was a little too big for him yet, but it was a present from his father so he wore it religiously. He was also really careful to make sure it didn’t slip from his wrist.

After finally getting Molly to move, which took great persuasion, the boy made it to his room and one of the maids took Molly for a bath. A loud, booming voice beckoned to him from down the hall, “Timothy! What have you gotten into this time?”

Startled, Tim looked back towards the source of the voice, “Nothing, Dad. I just took Molly out into the yard, and there was a tiny bit of muu-”

“No more of that,” the King replied. “You're the firstborn and thus the heir to my throne. You're far too old to be playing in the mud with the dog. Come now, we need to prepare for the banquet tonight.”

As they walked down the hallway together, Timothy could not help but stare at the enormous map that hung in the royal library. It covered the entire wall on its own, with their kingdom being right in the center. Though the map was large, most of it was a pale yellow color, marking the vast majority of the world as unexplored. Small dots here and there represented the many towns within their realm. “Will we ever try to finish this map one day, Dad?” Tim asked.

“Maybe one day, but we have much more pressing matters to attend to for now.” the King replied.

Later that night, as the castle filled with guests, people filled the halls. The air was engulfed with the constant chatter of villagers from all over the kingdom. Timothy felt overwhelmed as he met the long line of guests hoping to speak with his father. One after the other, villagers would come up to talk to him about the most random of things. One thanked him for the delightful food being served, another asked to build a golden statue of the first ruler, more commented about the decorations, still others inquired about his plans for the kingdom, and one strange man in a mystic’s cloak ran up to him, yelled “Feel the bern!” set the rug on fire, and ran out the door before the guards could catch him.

Wandering off from the main hall, Timothy went towards his favorite place in the castle: the library. Upon entering, he spotted a small group of strange looking villagers gazing at the map. “Why has this never been completed?” Tim heard one of them murmur. “This kingdom doesn't appear to be as adventurous as that last one, Harold.” another replied.

Walking in slowly, the prince asked, “Who are you people?”

Turning back, the five strange villagers all stared curiously at him. “We are the traveling merchants. A sort of trade guild, if you will. We go from town to town exploring the land, swapping goods and stories from place to place.”

Interest peaked, Tim asked question after question about the world outside his kingdom. Hours went by, and story after story never bored the adventurous boy. Finally, he inquired what it would take to become a traveling merchant. Swiftly, they explained to him that he would have to be willing to travel . . . a lot, and explore dangerous lands that few even dared to look at. He would be required to carry large sacks of goods, and travel alone at times. As the evening came to close, the merchants left, retiring to their place in the guest chambers.

The next morning, the prince went to his father, and informed him he wanted to become a traveling merchant. Rubbing his chin, and thinking calmly, the King thought to himself, “He's always wanted to go exploring. Maybe I can use this to finally satisfy his desire to go out, and he'll finally take his duty seriously?” “Tell you what,” the King remarked. “You can go out as a traveling merchant on one condition.” Bouncing up and down, his son asked over and over what it was. “You must take along this watch with you. If it ever stops working, then you know it's time to come back to the castle and then there will be no more of this foolishness, deal?” Secretly, he knew the watch would fail in a little over a week.

“Deal!” Tim eagerly responded. Taking the watch into his hands, he dashed out the castle to catch up with the other merchants. Holding his small bag of coins, he then traveled quickly to a small shop on the town square. The shop smelled of melted metal and foul rats. Walking up to the counter, he rang a small bell.

A short, thin old man came from the shadows of the back room. “May I help you?” he asked in a dry, raspy voice. Explaining that he needed his watch looked at, Tim handed it over to the old man, along with half of his sack of coins. The experienced watchmaker felt around the golden dial. Reaching behind the navy blue face, he opened a small compartment on the back. Piece by piece, he examined each component carefully. Finally, the man exclaimed, “Oh! Now here's something unusual. There's a small coin jammed into it. Now who would ever do that?” he mused.

Handing the watch back to Timothy, the watchmaker informed him, “I was able to get this thing working, so it should last for a few months. However, it still won't last forever, so I suggest you look into purchasing a new one later, or find someone else who makes this kind.

Heeding the watchmaker’s advice as he set out, Timothy became a renowned merchant throughout the entire land for buying parts for his last tie to his old life. Months turned in years, and Tim would come back to the palace every year to update the sections of his beloved map.

Shaking his head, Timothy laughed as he remembered the thousands of stories he had to tell all at once. The only similarities between them involved the fact his watch had never stopped ticking. Laying his head back against the tree, the ticking of the watch was the last sound he heard as he dozed off once again.

Humans Of MeepCraft - Feat. @lollisweet101

[​IMG]

What lead you to the server?
    The person who lead me here is my brother, and I have to admit, I thought it would be super boring. However, when I joined, it turned out to be loads of fun and excitement!

How did you pick your name?
    I’ve had quite a few before this one. My very first was “lolisweet101.” I switched and switched because I kept disliking my name! Now I keep this one because I prefer “lolli” to “loli,” and people still recognize me.

What do you enjoy doing on the server?
    I’m not sure what I enjoy most because there are so many things! I like making fun stories, like right now I own a sweets cafe. Very convenient name because of my username! I love interacting with players. Lastly, I like to invite players to parties more often. Why? It brings people together. Maybe it’s your friends, or someone new!

What is it like managing such a large cafe?
    Sometimes managing a cafe is a piece of cake, and sometimes there are big difficulties that are in your way! Sometimes barely anyone comes, others there’s a line out the door and around the building. I’m open as long as I’m online. I love it when a customer comes. It’s exciting to see someone happy because they got their order. And also, gotta get money somehow, haha.

Anything else you’d like to add?
    1. I love turbulence 2. My first rank was actually Elite! 3. Even though my skin is mostly purple, my favorite color is light blue 4. My favorite mods are Ellie and Clueless 5. I’m addicted to Mario games 6. My favorite town ever was Dreamcraft

Welcomes and Farewells

Major congratulations to @EllieEllie and @Midnight_Galaxy on being promoted to Supermod! You’ve both done an amazing job so far, and best of luck in your new role!

We also bid farewell to one of our renowned moderators, @Vexmae.

An additional congratulations to @Fire_Wolf04 as he begins his journey as a Helper!

Social Media!

Be sure to follow us on our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things meep!

Twitter! - @officialmeepmc

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the paper we will pick a cover photo and a (free) advertisement submitted by the community. The owner of each piece of content will receive 4,000 meebles and have their name featured in the article, below their content. Fill out the form here to submit content. Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released August 4 2017! See you then!

This issue was created by @CluelessKlutz @Midnight_Galaxy @EllieEllie @Vamp1re_Man

4. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

:joyful:

5. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Wow Midnight congratulating herself xD so humble

In all seriousness, is it TimothyJH