1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

The Idea Of A Community Centrum

Discussion in 'Denied' started by epick8, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

Hey Meep! Im excited to be able to present this new idea that was brought up by Cooley and refined by me and Reggles. So, what we want to happen is that we need to get rid of this centrum. What we want to do now is to actually get the community involved in this. We want to replace the old centrum and replace it with a centrum created by players on this server! There needs to be a degree of freshness to Meep. Certain things are stale, old, and boring. Once we get another centrum up, we will ask for another centrum to replace it. Such that every month, we switch out a centrum with another centrum created by a player on Meep. Eventually this means we can create a list of a few centrums that can be brought to Meep. A huge part of this is that the community gets the vote on which centrum they want for the month once we get a list that is big enough. Like the first of every month, the top rated Centrum on the forum thread gets uploaded and put on meep. This does a lot of things such as

1) Replacing our Centrum that is lackluster at the moment.

2) Bring community involvement to the server.

3) Keep Meep and PVP fresh and updated.

We really love this idea and know you guys will too. What we want here to hear out tweaks to this plan to make it better. Please, you want to have a Centrum idea, send it DIRECTLY to Me or Reggles at our skypes. Mine is Mr.Incognito(I'm the one with the flaming penguin) and Reggles is Reggles44(the one with the turtle and the strawberry). Send videos and pictures. If we like your idea, we will ask you to send the upload for us to put in a test world to see what needs to be world guarded, possible glitches, etc etc. Do not be upset if we do not accept your idea. We cant accept every idea. Also do not suggestion old centrum or anything of that matter. We want fresh and new. Thank you in advance guys, this is going to be great for Meep and moves is us a positive direction.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  2. BobJonCreeper

BobJonCreeper pie

I'm all for this! This will totally get the community more active in Meep's affairs and bring more people to an exciting new Centrum/PVP.
    And if you need any help building these things, fill free to message me ;D

3. Theawesomechief

Theawesomechief Popular Meeper

+1, this can easily be accomplished with a world edit plus some manual intervention then importing the terrarium to Meep as a worldedit file. Not too experienced in it, but I've seen it being done before.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    BobJonCreeper likes this.
  4. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

+1
    Good thing Onis is active. Maybe have a entry fee and a prize if your map is chosen.

5. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

We don't want to make this a competition. This is something we want everyone to be a part of and enjoy. We need suggestions is the thing.

6. Theawesomechief

Theawesomechief Popular Meeper

Or maybe a combination of both, make it a competition, but a more friendly one. No entry fee, no prizes.

JonnehboiDaMon likes this.
  7. Pyro707

Pyro707 Popular Meeper

This is a great idea. Perhaps I will actually build my own, what would be the area the centrum has to fit into, what would the other parameters be so far as entrances and such.

8. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

Screw Centrum, bring back the Terrarium.

cooey, hippapajo, lordusan and 11 others like this.
  9. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Your prize is a few signs ''MADE BY (member)!''

This is a great idea...Change it often though - if this is accepted Don't just let if fall through the cracks!
    +1.

Theawesomechief likes this.
  10. Candy_Master

Candy_Master The Canadian Candy

I like the idea of this, but you would need the measurements of centrum to build yours, and this would give more work for the staff to keep changin it.
    -/+

11. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

yeah we discuessed this and we will be providing a size limit soon. Cooley is willing to do the work to implement this. All we need is the maps and he gets it to the server. only thing we need is the maps. Guys make sure to hit us up with map ideas and keep it to roughly the size of the current centrum

SurvivingSword11 likes this.
  12. Woodchip123456

Woodchip123456 Celebrity Meeper

These new terrarium's should be bigger than the current one. If you want to get PvP more active on the server again, the terrarium should be the size of the one in the previous spawn. The current size is way too small.

SurvivingSword11 likes this.
  13. marshallmafers

marshallmafers Celebrity Meeper

Doing such a thing is utterly pointless and a waste of time. The new spawn will be added soon and such an idea will be worthless. Cooleh runs the server now and will not allow such a suggestion or action to take place. Doing so would be no point on these facts,
    • New spawn.​
    • Once its added the new spawn would be added.​
    • Such an event would take to long due to community involvement, look at the MeepOlymipics failed, The Pvp Tournament failed, even the Spawn building competition that had 0 entries failed.​
    • Knowing how Onis is he would not approve of such an event as he is ''building the new spawn'' himself. And will have no part in the communities efforts at all.​

I have tons of ideas for meep, fresh new ones, for mini games, new spawns, community involvement as I have been doing so since I was an Architect. I always ask the community either the forums or via in game to see what they would want in a pvp arena, or a new spawn, or anything Architectural related project. Such an event is not needed, but would be fun even though it will have no significant value or results.​

KaiUsesThis likes this.
  14. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

Someone just wants meep to keep the the centrum the way he built it...

15. marshallmafers

Due to the fact that I only had limited room within the spawn pvp area anyways, building an epic community based pvp arena is not the easiest thing to do. Obviously something you wouldn't be able to do. I worked with what I had, and did the best of what I had to work with. I personally wish I could redo the new pvp arena, but I was just being creative and unique in my design. Something Meep isn't use too.

16. Klitch

Klitch

You are utterly pointless and a waste of time. Cooley came up with it ya dingus.

Sirrr_Pig likes this.
  17. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

I love this idea! I don't pvp but I will give it a shot :)

18. MoistAngus

MoistAngus Well-Known Meeper

Take the old terrarium and put it in a world of its own away from spawn. There you go. Perfect.

19. KariStar86

KariStar86 Heroine of Time

Much of this idea came from Cooleysworld, so...

cooey likes this.
  20. marshallmafers

Just because a server Admin came up with an idea does not mean its a good one. I personally would love to see someone build a nice, decent looking centrum but since ''Onis'' is ''Building'' the new spawn I highly doubt such a thing will ever happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.