1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

The Eclipse

Discussion in 'Other' started by iKitten, Aug 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. iKitten

iKitten >^-^<

Anyone else seeing the eclipse right now?? Where I live the eclipse isn't going to pass over the sun fully, anyone have a full eclipse live? The eclipse is almost to the halfway point for me right now. It is quite interesting and jaw dropping to look at

2. jadenPete

jadenPete Code Writer & Meme Trader

Yeah it passed over California, it covered about 3/4 of the sun.

3. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Covered most of the sun, but needed special glasses to see it. Other than that, it was somewhat darker and looked as if the real world had saturation turned down.

4. creepersareokay

creepersareokay Celebrity Meeper

It was partly cloudy most of the day, so the clouds kept covering it then uncovering it. I did get to see it a fair amount as I bought the glasses a couple of weeks back. When the eclipse was at its peak, about 70% covering the sun where I am, there was a layer of clouds that dimmed the sun enough to safely view with the naked eye, but not enough to completely block it, which was pretty cool.

5. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

During my Ecology class, our teacher used to be an astronomy teacher. So, instead of wasting our time with Ecology stuff and waiting till the last 10 minutes of class to go see the sun with the special glasses, she started to teach us about how big space is. And talking about how she met up with an Astronomy professor from ASU and told us about how space is a massive timeline and folding on itself. Our brains were being blown to pieces.

There were handfuls of kids who had their own special glasses, so there'd be big groups during class and lunch looking at the eclipse and how it cool it was.

EllieEllie and SuperDyl like this.