1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Denied Telinus' Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by Telinus, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

IGN (In-Game Name): Telinus / Oscenth
    Date/Time: 5/1/2014
    Reason: Pvp hacks.
    Ban Length: Perm.
    Staff Member: Cooleysworld.
    Why we should consider your appeal: I didn't hack. It would have been stupid of me doing so. I had absolutely everything going for me- friends, interview, etc. I agree that my staff work wasn't very good, but I was trying. If you can't just take my word for it, then I should just leave.

Edit: If I can't provide "proof that I wasn't hacking," then you should be able to provide 100% clear evidence of me doing so. The god apple thing as nothing... Lag is an explanation.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  2. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

I took _Chef_Carrot_ and iatemyfriends up on the offer to see if there was validity behind their claims, this is the evidence I collected on that. It looked very similar to your original ban video

DiamondBoy and CinnamonTiny like this.
  3. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

Sorry, but this proves nothing. It was an audio delay, not a hack.

This is another video of someone else hacking. If you would really like to deny this, then please post proof of a video thats gives 100% even a-noob-could-know-that-he-has-hacks video.

You can't? Because I've never hacked in my life.

4. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

No offense, but talk about giving a bad impression by being permed- think how bad it would be if you wrongfully accused a staff member of hacking. (Just saying)

Last edited: May 1, 2014
    Thee Boss, Uiopy1, LR_Davius and 18 others like this.
  5. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

lag1
    lag/
    verb
    1. 1.
      fall behind in movement, progress, or development; not keep pace with another or others
    combined with

Latency refers to a short period of delay between when an audio signal enters and when it emerges from a system. ...

6. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

7. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

Let me explain to you what and how "audio latency" is.

First off, the definition.
    Latency refers to a short period of delay between when an audio signal enters and when it emerges from a system.

Basically, this means audio lag. How this works is when; say, I eat a pork chop. Maybe my game lags? (In the POV of the recorder) Okay, the audio will actually run longer than the motion. Motion = when something moves. (In this case, the god apple!)

8. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

Looks like a hacker.

9. DianaB72

DianaB72 Celebrity Meeper Elder

There have been many posts here that had to be deleted. If you have nothing to do with this ban, please do not post here. If you would like to submit something you feel is absolutely neccessary, please feel free to PM me here on the forums.

10. DianaB72

The evidence posted against you:

diamondtree777 and njlee like this.
  11. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

I do not have any opinions to offer here but I will bring up this point, being a member of staff it is expected that one knows the rules they are to enforce, in our rules we have this:
    4. Hacking/Cheating
    The use of any hack, modification, glitch, or texture pack to give yourself an unfair advantage falls under this category. Suspicion of use of a hacked client is reason enough to ban.

Regardless of whether or not I think you are guilty, this rule still applies. That's why it is there, for situations like these.

kevman967 and Old_Pink like this.
  12. DianaB72

You mentioned that there was an audio delay but after viewing this many times every sound seems to be right on cue with the action. The video seems not of great quality (only 360p) but it does show what is happening and in the order it happens. Here are some points on the video that got you banned.

1. When you are fighting this "god" fight and are about to die, twice you turn to attack someone (diamondtree) who is in no armor and who happens to be slightly closer the killer2thmx. This is usually caused by a kill aura that would make you hit the person closer. There are more then one type of kill aura with different activations or toggles.

2. You start to eat a god apple when diamondtree approaches you and while you are still eating you turn to hit diamondtree still eating who happens to again be slightly closer then killer2themx. You can not hit and eat at the same time.

There are several other points that have been mentioned to me though I don't have the clearest understanding of them and until I do, I will not post them.

13. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

I am getting really tired of this and either want it accepted or denied. It's giving out a bad reputation within the community. I could really care less about how everyone thinks that I did hack. At the bottom of my heart, and for all I care, I know for a fact I didn't hack. So if you would like to perm ban me after all this time and effort I put into the server, go ahead. I have literally donated every free second of the past 5 months of my life to this server. And I get banned right on the spot for hacking? I've never done it before and never will do it in the future. I literally couldn't ask for more in-game. I have everything I would ever need to play, with good friends and strong relationships. I'm pretty sure this video was not clear evidence at all. Even though after all these weeks and weeks of work no one can trust my word? I've made so many good friends on this server and it's all coming down to this? It's quite sad when you think about it. Most mods have gotten away with X-ray, using god to their advantage for $, harassment, (Yes, I'm talking about you Oro, and I have proof) etc. This is literally my first time ever pvping in the centrum and I get permed a day later? This kind of makes me laugh. Sure you can say that the "evidence is so clear!!!" Everything in that video was nothing BUT nonsense! I can click at around 17 times per second and I get accused of kill aura in centrum. Never once have I been accused of kill aura in kitpvp. Huh, I wonder why that is? Because I have never hacked when I've played Minecraft. It's quite that simple and if you think otherwise, I could really care less. Either way, I would like to keep playing so just keep that in mind.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  14. DevilSpawn112

DevilSpawn112 The Sass Master

Maybe the route you should be taking should consist of you trying to prove your innocence rather than taking shots at other staff members. This is NOT the way to do it. I can assure you that much time and effort was put in before making this decision. You may mock it, but the evidence IS clear. Until you can PROVE otherwise, it will be looked at how it is seen. Lashing out isn't the way you should be going at all. Instead of telling us why we should believe you, just prove it. You say you had everything here? Then why bash what you were once part of. Also, do you really think that being mod would have made this instance any different? If you do, you are incredibly wrong. The evidence has been presented. The reasoning has been given. Provide answers instead of tearing down others.

15. EnergyAssassin

EnergyAssassin nerd Staff Member Administrator

This video shows the difference between lag and hack. TY @Bm8558 for helping
    EDIT: Sorry if this post is irrelevant, seems to be actually about the ban. I am not proving hacks or lag, that's up to staff. I'm just showing lag using Max FPS and Killaura from a friend. He is disguised to protect his identity, but all of his movements are not keyboard side, all are just the aura. Reach is set on 4.5 and APS in 15.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  16. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

I didn't bash anyone. It was constructive criticism, and I have proof.

I can't really prove my self innocent, really. There's no way when I can prove myself when I'm locked up behind bars.

Netrarc, Khafra, blackoak999 and 3 others like this.
  17. DevilSpawn112

DevilSpawn112 The Sass Master

Your ban appeal is not the place to drop something like that, there is always the choice to message a higher up. Also, your appeal is bashing staff in general when you say we let other staff get away with breaking the rules. If you would like to take a change in course and TRY to prove yourself innocent, by all means DO IT. But your appeal is turning into this big "but he did this and she did that.. Believe me!". If you have any other explanation for the instances stated by Diana, we would love to hear them. Trust me. Lag is not the answer.

Flamedemond and kevman967 like this.
  18. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

You could just stop playing dumb and say sorry. Then you'd be unbanned already.

19. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

I'm sorry for "playing dumb."

Now what

20. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.