1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

SurvivingSword11's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by SurvivingSword11, Nov 22, 2014.

1. SurvivingSword11

SurvivingSword11 Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: SurvivingSword11
    Skype (Yes/No): Yes
    Teamspeak Username: SurvivingSword11
    Mic use: Yes (Very often)
    Timezone: EST (US and Canada)
    Hours online per weekday: 3-6
    Hours online per weekend: 4-8 (Per day) 8-14 (Whole weekend)
    Position Changes: Helper to Moderator
    Introduction

Hello Meepers! As you know, I am SurvivingSword11, and most call me ‘Surv’ in-game. I am a 14 year old boy who loves to play sports. I am also very interested in computers and the basic fundamentals of how they work. Also, I am an Honor Society student at my school and have continued to keep an All-A’s record in my schooling career. At my school most students and teachers know me as a leader. I use and sharpen these leadership skills in Sports (Basketball, Baseball, Football, Golf, etc.) and also in my Multimedia Production class (I am a Programming Director so I deal with all the technical stuff like planning etc.). This year I took my love of computers a step further! I am participating in my school’s Multimedia Production class which broadcasts live shows every morning to the school. I work on making sure everyone in the class is on task and direct who does what when the show day comes along. This knowledge has also greatly benefited me as a Helper.

Now to Minecraft information! I have been playing Minecraft for approximately 3 years and have learned almost all there is to know about playing the game. I have also taken this a step further through running countless servers with my friends and learning about Bukkit. I even have started to take an interest in Java coding and learned a bit so soon I will be able to create the type of things you guys use in-game! In my MeepCraft career there have been many ups and downs for me. I have played for 2 years now (Anniversary was this month, November) and know a lot about the server, community, and players. In August I took my interview and received Helper. I have been pushing my application back for a long time until I feel completely prepared for this next step, but now I know it is time to become a Moderator.

Why I should be Moderator

Experience I have now been playing MeepCraft for 2 years. I have been playing Minecraft for about 3 and have experience with lots of Bukkit servers. I know many commands and have recently started to have an interest in Java coding to make Bukkit plugins to further enhance Minecraft gameplay for others in the community. Through my time on MeepCraft, I have learned many things. I have met numerous players and learned a lot of commands needed to succeed. Being a Helper I have also learned how to deal with all the situations from basic theft to the resistant players, checking the modreqs right as I log in, and dealing with Report a Player on forums. I also have experience in the new program, Prism, which has replaced the long living HawkEye database. At first Prism was hard to learn and it was like I was starting over form being a new Helper again but soon I got used to it.

Work Ethic Being 14 and almost 15, I have had no paid job yet, although I have been able to obtain Honor Roll status and continually stayed in my school’s Honor Society. I can’t stand leaving a job un-done or done wrong. I ALWAYS put in my best effort and work very hard in school. When my friends are messing around, I will be working on my studying and homework before I go hang out with them. I am also like this with staff jobs on the server. I always make sure the modreq or accepted report is finished correctly and players are satisfied. I always try to take the most in-depth modreqs that challenge me the most and can help me improve as a Helper. I can’t stand to have things reflecting badly on myself or even the Staff Team because of my actions.

Dedication I have been playing on MeepCraft for 2 years now. There have been times when I took breaks or got interested in other things, but I always have come back to Meep. I also spend at least 2 hours online every day and balance my staff time with my player time. Modreqs are the #1 for me as a Helper. I always am dedicated to getting modreqs done before I can go work on my shop or go PVP.

Involvement Currently, I am a Popular Member on the forums and have reached over 1,000 posts. This is a big deal to me and shows my dedication/involvement in the community. I check the forums numerous times a day (About 5) and moderate all the parts of the server. I spend time in KitPVP, both towns’ worlds, and in Spawn handling modreqs and watching chat. I also spend time as a player and participate in all the normal citizen things like PVP and running a town.

Performance I play many sports as I mentioned in my introduction. Like I said in my Helper application, I know what it is like to be a Team Player. Now I know what it is like to be in that famous Staff Team and have embraced it. We all have to be watching each other’s backs and helping out like a sports team. Everyone in the Staff Team has made me a better Helper and I can’t thank them enough! I also know even better now that you can’t just work by yourself and be successful. You need people at your side to help get you down the bumpy roads. In my case, these people are the other members of the Staff Team! In my first months as Helper I was able to complete many modreqs in a short span. When I was just learning, I had a tough modreq in a theft case. I asked around in staff chat for help and Bbycakes came online. She taught me about calculating fines and very important parts of addressing the issues between players. Even today I use what I learned then to better my performance as a Helper. I always take the harder modreqs and take time making sure each modreq is completed correctly!

Weaknesses

Since joining the Staff Ranks, I am proud to say I have improved on many of my weaknesses that I had in my first application. Yet, I still have some!

Activity This is one of the weaknesses I had when I got Helper that I still have today. In the first few months of being Helper, I was very active and was able to be online very often and complete many modreqs. Recently however, I have been less active than I should be with tons of homework and tests coming my way making my time online less than I would like.

PVP As many of you know, I am a big PVPer and it is sometimes hard to balance this with being a Helper. Sometimes I spend time in Terrarium or Kit or even practicing on other servers when I should be working on Modreqs. This is something that I have been working on and it has led to many more completed modreqs lately, but I still need to work on this a bit more!

Humor Being a Helper, maturity is an utmost priority. I know this and I feel I am very mature for my age. I know humor is important and something I feel that all staff really need to have to connect to the players, but only in appropriate times. Yet, sometimes I crack a joke when I should be serious. This used to be a much larger problem for me, but I have been working on controlling it and stopping it from getting in the way of doing my modreqs.

Conclusion

I always try to be very kind and work on all my staff duties. Please know that I will be working on my Humor, PVP Dedication, and Activity as I work towards my Moderator goal!

Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!

-Surv

2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I haven't seen enough staff/worth ethic out of you to be comfortable having you as a moderator.
    I may edit this later.

SurvivingSword11 likes this.
  3. Rowena_Ravenclaw

Rowena_Ravenclaw Popular Meeper

+1. This was obviously proofread, and it looks very professional and well thought-out. Good luck!

cooey and SurvivingSword11 like this.
  4. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

+1
    You're good at pvp you trained me well
    You're active

5. BobJonCreeper

BobJonCreeper pie

Surviving,
    When I was still a staff member, I saw a lot of work from you. I don't think this has changed much.
    Your activity in all 3 aspects continues to be outstanding.
    You're doing a great job from what I've seen.
    +1 all the way.
    Good Luck!

6. DeadlyPoptartz

DeadlyPoptartz Celebrity Meeper

+1
    you know why
    reasons from bobjon

7. Chaase5

Chaase5 Popular Meeper

-1 eZ at PvP

Nah nah, +1 Active and Awesome!

8. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

Surv, you're one of my good friends, but honestly, I don't see you as a mod YET. Your modreq count (when I was still staff) was about 10 a day, and you were consistently afk (still are) and spammers and ads got through for maa few minutes when you were the only staff. -1, even though this doesn't matter at all.

9. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

+1

Some of the words I would use to describe you are hard-working, dedicated, mature, helpful, and funny. The only issue I have is your activity...you seem a tad bit on the inactive side for a helper, but that is ok.

10. Owen Powell

Owen Powell Popular Meeper

-.5 Surv, the application was very well thought out and you did an exceptional job on it. You do seem like a very intelligent player, but I do have one bone to pick with your activity. I don't see you handle modreqs very often, or do enough staff work for a mod in general. If that picks up, I believe you will have a fair shot at mod.

11. jmelara

jmelara Popular Meeper

+1 surviving!

- helpful
    - nice
    - experienced
    - mean to me in /MSG calling me a nub

Surviving you probably are the most likely to succeeded in this job! Gl man I hope to see you become a mod!(just don't ban me k?)

12. 00000

00000 Guest

Seriously? You think staff are decided due to their applications?

+/-
    Someone told me you whined to cooleys about /pwarp Ebola
    almost always afk

Khafra and SurvivingSword11 like this.
  13. SillySilver

SillySilver Celebrity Meeper

+1, not just because you are my friend. :D
    +Mature enough
    +Active
    +Work very hard
    +Good app
    +/-I know you are active, but I don see ya so much due timezones :S

14. minetifa

minetifa Celebrity Meeper

Cons:
    Not enough work comin' from ya
    Filthy Skrublord
    honestly, very cocky when it comes to PK, yada yada yada.

Pros:
    you're a really nice person
    not as much of a skrublord as perryjay.

15. SurvivingSword11

Thanks for all the replies guys :D
    I love the feedback!

Being staff, there is a lot of typing a checking out Modreqs that goes on. It may look like I am AFK when I am actually typing or checking out a Modreq. Yes I do miss things sometimes, but everyone does.

I will definitely work on everything you guys have mentioned! Once again, thanks for the feedback!

16. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

-1 Work ethic

^ that's a joke, I think you should be administrator moderator, you're an overall easy-to-be-around type of person, and you have a charisma that's suitable for a server like meepcraft +1 and good luck

17. Rowena_Ravenclaw

Rowena_Ravenclaw Popular Meeper

Dude. I know that staff are evaluated on more than their applications. I was merely commenting on how it looked like he put a lot of time into it. Do you want me to whine about how he was whining? My apologies for not raining on his parade.

18. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

Surv, I'm sorry, but I don't see you on enough to be a mod. You have a very low modreq count, and one of a helper's main purposes is to do modreqs. I really see you playing more than staffing. I believe that you could use more time as helper, and it would be very beneficial! The app was amazing though, but not enough to change my vote.
    Good luck, Surv!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  19. SurvivingSword11

I had been a bit inactive last month, but this month I have really been pushing hard and getting the Modreqs done again (That is why I know I am capable of being an affective mod)

20. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

You are a mediocre helper that has not proved that they are better than the ordinary helper, at least in my eyes.

Until I see more, I don't know about this promotion.