1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Super Metroid is the Only Good Game ever Made

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TimtheFireLord, Sep 18, 2016.

?

Wow you're smart

1. I know

46.2%
  2. I know

53.8%
  1. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

Cookie Clicker.

Just kidding.
    Try Super Mario Sunshine, FF series, or Super Mario Galaxy

2. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

HALO REACH

3. TimtheFireLord

TimtheFireLord Celebrity Meeper

I will steal that money bef0re you can waste it on that game, photocopy it 1000 times, and use it to buy myself into Nintendo to make myself in charge of the Metroid department
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 9, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 9, 2016 ---
    No of course not, what are you, silly???
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 9, 2016 ---
    Never played FF, super Mario galaxy is cool, but sadly Super Metroid is the only good game

4. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Sunshine was amazing and is definitely underrated. The super tight controls were a godsend and having Fludd was annoying until you can use him properly and effectively. The mechanics were amazing and combo jumping, spin jumping, Fludd having mutliple abilites like hover, rocket, and turbo makes the game fun as hell. The game has it's faults like being Isle Delfino's bi*** and cleaning up everything. Also having what is like a dark link where people can comprehend a dark mario and a regular mario fighting in the middle of town... Personally hated that manta ray boss fight as a kid as well

Agreed on Galaxy, especially the challenges like the comets. Probably the best 3d mario game. :)

I had a better experience playing FF7 than SM. FF7 was probably the best RPG game I have ever played in my life and not to mention Realm Reborn is one of the best MMOs out there at the moment. After that crappy start. After playing FF 7 again, I couldn't go back to most of my games until a few days passed after beating it. I can't wait until I get FF15.

Alright after those responses I'll give a few games to consider (that I own ofc). I think you know this, but the genre you prefer also influences why you like a game as well.
    • Ni no Kunai Wrath of the White Witch A very underappreciated game. I thought it was awesome to play, but I stopped playing it once I got Fire Emblem Conquest. Story is really sad though :< Getting the sequel.
    • Fire Emblem is best tactics game. Personally love conquest, but it's harder than Birthright. Lunatic + Classic mode makes every turn count and ****s you in the ass. The feels when you lose that favorite character and reset your game.
    • Persona 4. Best PSVita game. The characters are amazing. The only reason to own a vita <3
    • Super Smash Bros. Melee - best fighting game that is still better than all fighting games I've played. 100x better than brawl and the 3ds (brawl is to slow and I rather not play the 3ds version as it lags terribly online) Best thing about Brawl though is Project M.
    • Pokemon -Albeit mainstream, best monster capturing game. Emerald and Platinum are my favorites with Sky being the best mystery dungeon.
    • No Mans Sky Best game to watch and fall asleep. I swear I've been getting more sleep while my friend played it. Better than Nyquil!
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 9, 2016 ---
    That Warrant Officer Rank III was a pain in the ass to pass in multiplayer XD

Never forget, Noble team. *cries in the inside*

Marshy_88 and TimtheFireLord like this.
  5. TimtheFireLord

The reason I didn't say anything about Sunshine is that, despite hearing good things, I'm more of a Kirby person myself so I haven't played Sunshine.

Anyway, onto the list which I feel bad about not answering as thoroughly as you:

-Don't know the first one well enough to comment so I'm not gonna say anything

-The only thing I know about fire emblem is that most people ive met who like it are annoying, but, again, cant say anything on it as I haven't played

-Havent played Persona either but I have heard lots of good things about it and I like some of the enemy designs quite a bit

-Ive only played Brawl because I'm a normie, but since I do really like brawl and ive heard a lot of good things about Melee id wager to say that its a great game too

-The Pokémon games are absolutely incredible and I love them a lot. They rival Metroid for me tbh so good job with that. Only thing that drags them down for me is the difficulty being a little too easy since FireRed/LeafGreen

-And I'm sorry man but No Mans Sky is pretty overhyped, ive watched a looooot of stuff about it and it seems like a real let down. Rich Evans made a good point and said that it seems more like an engine that a different game would run off of and it shouldn't be its own thing. Still looks neat at first though.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 10, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 10, 2016 ---
    Also I would agree that Platinum is probably my favorite game in the series, but Emerald is a little lower on my personal list simply due to a convoluted map. GREAT legends and story though, it was a really good mixup from team rocket in gen 1 and 2

Also I'm super excited for SuMo, I recently preordered Sun

SX1 likes this.
  6. spartanfighter12

spartanfighter12 Popular Meeper

Paper Mario : Thousand Year Door

SX1 likes this.
  7. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Don't feel bad. I agree with pokemon and that it's too easy. I thought it was getting too easy once Ruby / Sapphire came out, and Emerald made it slightly more challenging by adding a battle frontier. But I play rom hacks now for difficulty nowadays. Mystery Dungeon is my personal favorite series up to Pokemon Sky.

I hate other Fire Emblem players because of the choices they make that are pretty... well bad. Like throwing a ninja in front of a tank instead of a space between so the tank cant fight back *smh*

Ni no Kunai is a JRPG. So it's probably understandable that you probably haven't played it. It's fun and I am pretty sure I got it for $20 for the PS3.

Brawl is a good game, especially the story they had for it. Subspace Emissary was probably one of my favorite co-op experiences with my brother next to Borderlands 2 coming a close 2nd place. I love how it came all together but the final boss was rather confusing to me lol. I recommend searching Project M on Brawl. It's awesome!

Persona 4, has an amazing story. Living life as a regular teen in the day is surprisingly fun, and then when it comes night time you have to use your personas to kill the shadows. Each character has their own secret that you have to later defeat (Kanji's in particular was probably the funniest thing I've seen) and after you defeat their shadow they learn to accept themselves. The best part is the choices you make can affect your chances on saving them (which results in a game over if you fail though) Like training in the midnight channel or learning a new skill from a book, or studying for a test to increase knowledge. But the best part is that you can actually have multiple girl friends lmao. Also Rise best girl

Oh, No Man Sky was part of a horrible joke that I planned out. That game is equal to games like Wand of Gamelon. It's going to be famous for being so bad.

TimtheFireLord likes this.
  8. TimtheFireLord

I am a big fan

9. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Omfg yes. The last paper mario game I enjoyed playing. I felt bad for Luigi though out the game xD

When I was a kid, I was hoping he was some secret partner you could unlock

10. TimtheFireLord

Now that I think about it, Samus, Ridley, and the Parasite Queen ARE in brawl so it counts as one of the best games

And yeah as for the pokemon difficulty thing, ive been doing nuzlocke runs lately as they make things a lot more interesting. I have NOTHING to do in any of the games rn though because I filled the national dex so I mean

What else you got

11. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

What else I got for games? If that's what you are asking at the end that is.

You can thank my brother Sharpblades for this, he spent a couple of hours making this for us
    VGCollect - corexretro's Video Game Collection | All

Let me look at the list again and I'll come back to you

TimtheFireLord likes this.
  12. SirGiggly

SirGiggly Celebrity Meeper

Sneak King

13. Tweide

Tweide Popular Meeper

Metroid for the NES.

14. TimtheFireLord

that was a super Janky game, my man. Still cool though