1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Suicide in Halo

Discussion in 'Denied' started by ENIbeast, Jul 30, 2017.

1. ENIbeast

ENIbeast Popular Meeper

I play halo a lot and I love it. There is this one thing that bugs me though, suicide in halo. When people die to their own grenade or on the big map they jump off the bridge. These are both ways of killing yourself to prevent other players from killing you. I find this unfair though. I believe there should be a penalty for suicide in halo. All I can think of as of now is subtracting points from that players point total but, I am sure some people have some ideas too, so if you do, leave it down below in the comments.

Thanks for your consideration -
    ENIbeast​

Peero and SuperDyl like this.
  2. MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle Popular Meeper

I really like this idea. I think instead of there being a penalty, it could be that the last player that had shot you with the gun, or did damage to you with to grenade would get the kill. Or as you had said, just remove suicide in halo. Although I know that some people have a strategy when they are at low health that they purposely kill them self. I think this is a great idea and it would be helpful if you weren't able to kill yourself in halo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SuperDyl likes this.
  3. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

you still get the death if you kill yourself which affects your kdr, so i'd say thats a good enough penalty

Fire_Wolf04 and Pmx728 like this.
  4. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Changing the kill/death ratio is a penalty, but not to someone who a) just wants to win individual rounds or b) doesn't care about their overall ratio. Adding an extra point deduction or even better, tracking player damage within a few seconds, would make matches a lot more fair for the other players in the game.

5. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

I thought this was a suggestion for /suicide in Halo but I'm relieved it's not.

I agree with @MasterTurtle

SuperDyl and MasterTurtle like this.
  6. ENIbeast

ENIbeast Popular Meeper

I think it should be negative points because what if no one hit them before and was just doing it to get to a different spawn point?
    If suicide was removed then people could go in certain spots and throw grenades not getting killed and no one else would be able to get to that spot.
    I know it does affect KDR but the thing about KDR is it has nothing to do with making coins or points so it is not that good of a punishment.

cooey, SuperDyl and Peero like this.
  7. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

well im one of those people who cares about their kdr so i think its fine with me

8. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Accepted pending further discussion

SuperDyl likes this.