1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Stop calling buying ranks "donating"

1. K scheik

K scheik Popular Meeper

Something's name says literally nothing about it. Put a "juice" label on a bottle of water, does that make it juice? With all due respect, all these staff arguments are just "end of story, it's called this".
    It is indeed 1 A.M. for me. :/

Go ahead and take the perks so people simply "donate" their money. They won't do it as much. People do it for the ranks, because people are usually smart enough not to just drop money down the drain.

Cherrykit, Dat_Coffee, 00000 and 8 others like this.
  2. UglyUnicorn

UglyUnicorn Celebrity Meeper

That's a pretty dumb and ignorant explanation. The page is called "donate", but are you actually donating? Or you are you buying a rank. You're pretty ignorant on this topic, and you didn't even provide evidence of why you claim your side. My evidence are the comments above, and Bolthur's discussion thread. Just saying, so you don't turn my words on me.

3. Cookies713

Cookies713 Celebrity Meeper

The page doesn't have to be called donation, therefore it doesn't have to be called a donation.
    Leagl definition of purchase: "To buy; the transfer of property from one person to another by an agreement. Under the Uniform Commercial Code, taking by sale, discount, negotiation, mortgage, pledge, lien, issue, reissue, gift or any voluntary transaction." -West's Encylopedia of American Law, 2nd Edition.
    Definition of donation: "1. The act of giving to a fund or cause. 2. A gift or grant." -American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language.

Face it, it's buying, not donating.

4. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Denied, this is all worked wonderfully for the past 3 years, there is little need to change it now. If you're uncomfortable with the wording, then the choice is yours to make whether you donate or not.

5. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

Moving back to suggestions, as this is indeed a suggestion and not a discussion thread.

As for the topic at hand, I don't understand why the name bothers people so much. Does it actually matter? Really?