1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Staff application: Jmchugh2014

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by jmchugh2014, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmchugh2014

jmchugh2014 Popular Meeper

ign: jmchugh2014

Teamspeak: jmchugh2014

In game hours (weekdays): 4-6 hours a day

In game hours (weekend): 5-7 hours a day

Introduction: Hello, my name is Joey and I am 17 years old. I have been apart of Meep for almost a year now and have seen the major changes incorporated. Through my playing experience, I have noticed significant and poor choices made by other players, including myself. My goal is not to grieve over those mistakes, but rather change my attitude and fix them. I have thoroughly enjoyed every part of Meep and want to become apart of the staff once more.

Why: The reason I want to join the Meepcraft staff team is very simple. I want to improve every aspect of Meepcraft for both the players, and staff. Not only moderating on the server, but also keeping the forums clean, as well as teamspeak. Communication is one of my top priorities, which is why you will see me in Teamspeak and Skype a lot. My strengths are coaching helpers along in their staff debut, and communicating with high staff members about additional ideas, or solving problems. I am sometimes known as the quiet type, but I will always listen and be able to look at a scenario from your side. I do not have summer school or a lot of real life activities that will fall in the way of my work, so my activity will be a key part of the staff team. Experience is key when coming into the staff team, and something I know a lot about. I have been on every step of the staff from helper, to overseer, and know almost everything about them. With the change in rules and ranks, I will still have a little to learn; but I can adapt quickly and respond responsibly. I have seen the poor choices that the old owner made, (CG) and have taken a look on them. This server should be treated not as a money greed business, but rather a player friendly environment. I have made some mistakes myself, but have taken time to reflect on these mistakes to learn from them.

Conclusion: With my experience and ability to adapt to situations, I make the perfect staff member for Meepcraft. I know how the system works, and how to look from the other side of a situation. I have been through all the revolutions, and good and poor times, that I know what my job requires, and the potential needed. I fulfill this potential and am willing to go above and beyond if it is needed for the success of the server. Thank you.

Weaknesses: One of my major weaknesses was testing out perms that I wasn't familiar with, and kissing up to the higher staff. What I did to fix these was learning the consequences of the command testing, and seeing others kiss up. Honestly, kissing up doesn't show your real personality, but rather shows your ability to fall down instead of stand up for yourself.

2. The_Squirrelman

The_Squirrelman Popular Meeper

Well first, your application. It was amazingly well written. I lied your points about how you coached Helpers, and brought up serious issues. I worked with you for 3 months now, and though you've had questionable mindsets, ethics, and loyalty, you've always had good intentions. One other thing I'd like to say is you were one of the guys who actually did modreq's, and you were on at least 5-6 hours a day. Hopefully, I can look forward to working with you again. +1

3. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

I knew you would have a great application and I was not wrong, I am really impressed that you put so much detail and honestly into it, I think you were a valuable member of the staff team in the past and I feel that would continue. +1 for interview

4. Woodchip123456

Woodchip123456 Celebrity Meeper

You are honest, mature and extremely helpful. You should definately be accepted as staff.

5. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

Due to your past experience, and your application quality I am +1 for interview.

6. HotAsianBeans

HotAsianBeans Celebrity Meeper

I remember you giving me a day ban for logging after my computer crashed once. If I remember the rules a log isn't a day ban and it appeared you were just reacting to the fact that I had killed you minutes earlier. I don't know how well you will react in situations that test you emotionally. -1

Danielrulesman and savvvy420 like this.
  7. RossCoombs

RossCoombs Popular Meeper

I really like your application, you look like the sort of person who would work well as a staff member. You've clearly put time into creating this post, and have told us why you wont be so good, but actually you've improved on those weaknesses.
    +1 :)

8. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

I remember when you and a few other people were disrespecting someone of a high rank*, and I said "/shout is for communicating kindly with the community" and you poked me on team speak and asked me why I was "kissing up", then I defended myself and you called me sassy. This didn't offend me, but it showed me that you cannot handle other people's opinions that are not your own. I have seen you do a lot of things related to the same problem... -1

the_sexy_ninja and savvvy420 like this.
  9. matt391416

matt391416 Celebrity Meeper

I dont know you very well. You have only done something when someone in a higher rank commands you to. You don't know when/how long to ban people. Joey, I hope you can change. Change your ways. I think you will be a good mod, just dont go power hungry. +.5

10. Tasmiki

Tasmiki Celebrity Meeper

11. Danielrulesman

Danielrulesman Popular Meeper

-+/-0 You commonly abused your powers. At one point you couldn't switch off /god, so you decided to go into the terrarium with god gear on. Back then, that was illegal for staff and was a demerit. You were also a stereotypical MN mod; you pvped all day, and while pvping you would ignore modreqs and questions from players in need. Some mods didn't do this, most, including you, did. But the reason why this isn't a -1, is because whenever you weren't pvping you were a great moderator. If you do get accepted then you need to work on doing more modreqs and putting the community first.

12. jmchugh2014

You cannot pvp when in /god so i was moderating terrarium. Also officers had a lot more backstage things to do besides moderns.

13. kdocherty7

kdocherty7 Guest

-1, you weren't a very good staff member to work with from what i remember

14. jmchugh2014

Can you be more specific?

15. reggles44

reggles44 NANA NaNa nana NaNa NANA NaNa nana NaNa, REGGLES! Elder

It was a nice application and your history in staff is a strong benefit to have when rejoining. I have some comments regarding your application. First, you said in your introduction "My goal is not to grieve over those mistakes, but rather change my attitude and fix them," does this mean you have already fixed them or are you still working on fixing them? Second, you mentioned strengths that don't relate to the helper position or its job to deal with modreq's. Finally, in your final statement in the reason why, you mentioned some mistakes and I would like to hear what those are. Once you respond I will then make my decision for the interview.

16. jmchugh2014

I have fixed my responsibility with commands weakness, and am fixing my kissing up weakness. Some mistakes i have made were temp banning someone for 24 hours for pvp logging after dying to them. This was because i didn't have /god and was getting attacked. I had to think quickly and do the command. I was going to compensate for that person after their ban was over. My other mistake was doing a command that killed many people and horses. After doing that, i ran around refunding horses to people.

17. reggles44

reggles44 NANA NaNa nana NaNa NANA NaNa nana NaNa, REGGLES! Elder

Ok thank you for explaining give me a little time I'd like to think about this application.

18. Woddorl

Woddorl Popular Meeper

I'm concerned that you've already admitted to being a yes man in the past... It's a hard character flaw to get past. I hate the red btw, but the application overall was well written, if a bit heavy on the fluff side.

19. oscarhouston

oscarhouston Popular Meeper

Nice App JM +1

20. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

Jmc, you were kind of reckless during Mn. You were irresponsible at some points in time.I don't know if your ready, but I'm pretty sure you should be given a second chance.

I'm up for a +.50

Good luck!

Tasmiki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.