1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Accepted Staff Application from Vexmae

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Vexmae, May 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Member Name
    Vexmae

Additional In Game Name(s):
    Vexena

Discord Name:
    Axelotl#0047

Location/Timezone:
    GMT

When did you join MeepCraft?
    April 2014

How many hours per day do you spend on MeepCraft? (average)
    3-4 Depending on the day/availability

References (IGNs):

Introduction:
    Hello! (again) I’m Axel and I go by they/them pronouns, however as I’m sure, you all know me by Vexmae. Since my last application when I was 18 numerous things have changed. I am soon to be starting University this September in Medical Biology, which if you recall from my application from 2020 I mentioned that I am aiming to become an Embalmer (within Mortuary) and you’ll be happy (or scared) to know that this is still an aim for me, and I am making progress!

During my time away I had focused on developing other skills by working different roles both online and as a career, I was in a Digital Marketing apprenticeship from September 2021-September 2022. However, I decided to leave anything technically focused as more of a Hobby so that I don’t feel burdened by work while I’m trying to have some time online doing something. I had a Christmas seasonal job recently which helped me to gain some face to face confidence and professional etiquette.

My Hobbies are still the same, of digital art, however I have begun learning to crochet as well, but a lot of the time my brain is too busy to remember what Hobbies I have. Other than those two I am usually reading a book… I spent £80 on a chair from IKEA so I could have a little nook to read in..
    Alongside this, I am doing a lot more housework, hence my average hours are so much different than my previous applications, but whilst we’ve had decent weather I have been out in my garden tending to my plants (I’ve been growing sunflowers, lavender, strawberries, roses, and mint!)

Have you ever held a staff position on MeepCraft or another server? If yes, please describe your experience. If no, please explain why you are interested in a position on MeepCraft.
    Since I first got Minecraft in 2014, I have held many different staff permissions among multiple different servers. My main staffing career was Meepcraft and one other server.

Whilst both are (obviously) Minecraft servers, they both helped me gain knowledge in different areas that surround a Minecraft Server. Meepcraft helped me gain firsthand knowledge of Server Moderation, as well as a basic Introduction to how the Moderation Communities run.

A lot of my Higher-Staff knowledge had come from this other server with a Management position over a server, to which I started at Helper and Moved up along the way. This helped me to understand and gain the knowledge of behind the scenes of a server, and what makes them run. This also gave me the experience of working closely with a community to better a specific server for them to play, since after all they will be the ones who will mostly play it, so making it enjoyable for them and for like minded players is the end goal on any server you would play.

I had held two different positions at that server at different times, these were Creative Manager and Community Admin/Manager. For my Creative Management position, I was in charge of the initial release of the server, as well as improving the servers’ QoL by adding other features such as Vote crates that can give WorldEdit, cosmetics, and other non inventory-based rewards. My Community Admin position was Assisting in Events, a monthly update on the forums (similar to Meeptimes) and (what was to be in the future) to Manage the Servers’ Social Media Accounts.

As for Meepcraft. It was the beginning of my relationship with Moderation, as I had no experience prior to being Accepted back in 2017 and people had very differing opinions about me, however I’d like to think I came out of that with at least some positive attributes to add to my.. Very wide personality. I had to start somewhere, and I am glad that I started with Meepcraft, as I don’t think I would be where I am now without it. No server has resonated so closely with me as Meepcraft has.

Which staff position(s) are you applying for / interested in? Please select all that apply.
    Helper

Why should you be considered for the above staff position(s)?
    I know that I would be a great contribution back to the position as I am well versed in how the Staff Team functions. (to a basic degree, depending on how much it has changed since I was last on the team) Also, I have a lot of experience under my belt that could extend to other Positions under the Staff team should the need arise for it. And I know that I would be a benefit to the server by assisting in anything that I can and by suggesting ideas to help smooth processes and ways to Improve game modes.

With being staff on a multitude of servers I have dealt with many different types of players and many different personalities, so I’d like to say I’m an all-rounder in that sort of genre. Since my last staff position here at Meepcraft I have become a lot more confident in myself to collaborate effectively and assist in tasks that normally wouldn’t be in my main pathway of Staff.

What are your weaknesses?
    I tend to take a lot of things to the top of my head and focus on that and nothing else. If I have a task that is very thinking-focused it is very likely that I will put a lot of my attention towards that. However this won’t affect my ability to Moderate as even though I hyperfocus on a large task, I will still pay attention to chat and discord as I learned to do so.

Whilst this may not seem as anything extreme, I feel that it may hinder my ability should it happen, if it does, it will be rare, but I feel it should be good to mention. I suffer from Depression and are currently taking antidepressants, I don’t have a “being staff will help this” But I wanted to be up front, and mention that if it ever does affect anything, I will just be rather dull, this will more likely be the case if I haven’t gotten my prescription on time and I’m going into withdrawal.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know:
    I’m thrilled to be back to Meepcraft once again! Thankyou for taking my application into consideration and for reading thus far.

(I hope you like this surprise Adrian)

Linked Portfolio:

Upload Portfolio:

Peero and Adrian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.