1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Staff Application from Peero

1. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

Member Name
    Peero

Additional In Game Name(s):
    averageunit, MaybeAWarCrime

Discord Name:
    peero#4597

When did you join MeepCraft?
    Dec 2013

How many hours per day do you spend on MeepCraft? (average)
    4-12

References (IGNs):
    Addicus, AdrianBFaust, agnd, alphaprime1212, EllieEllie, KyloMeep, PHILLLLLLL

Introduction:
    Hello everyone! Although many of you may know me, I would like to formally introduce myself. My name is Peero, or Nick, and I’m known mostly for being a big time jobs grinder and dicer. I spend most of my time on Meep talking in global while clearing land, doing jobs, or just running around my town. So long as I’m online, you can bet that I’ll be talking in chat. It’s my favorite thing to do on the server.

In real life, I am currently a senior in high school, planning to major in Economics in college. While I do not know exactly what I want to be, I know I would like to work with money in some way or another. When not playing Meep, I’m usually gaming with my friends or listening to music. My favorite genre is rap or songs from the 80s and 90s, but overall I do love all kinds of music. In a normal, non-COVID year, I would also be running track for my school.

Have you ever held a staff position on MeepCraft or another server? If yes, please describe your experience. If no, please explain why you are interested in a position on MeepCraft.
    Although I have not been staff on a previous server, it was always something that I had wanted to do. After spending hundreds of hours playing Meep, interacting with the community, and assisting in any way I can, I realized that there is only so much you can accomplish as a normal player. While typing essays on forums and giving feedback in any way I can is fulfilling, being a staff member would allow me to do so much more for the server. Being involved in the server’s development was a goal of mine for a long time, but I never felt ready for it. After maturing, learning more about the role of a staff member, and hearing about the experience of being a staff member from many others, I have decided this was the right time to apply.

Which staff position(s) are you applying for / interested in? Please select all that apply.
    Mod

Why should you be considered for the above staff position(s)?
    Communication
    A key area I excel in is communication. I have worked with a number of people throughout playing Meep, a great number of them being staff members. During Extreme, I was a co mayor in the town Legion, where I worked side by side with current/former admins Adrian, BooBear and qazini. I believe that our team worked very well together, and that we were able to have a ton of fun while simultaneously running the town as best we could. In this leadership position, I learned a lot about leading a team and being in a position of authority. I feel like this experience would transfer well into a staff position, as I worked with dozens of different players every day, simultaneously assisting them and setting goals for the town. The way we ran the town was also quite similar to the way the staff team is run. I thoroughly enjoyed being a mayor in Legion, and it was the thing I missed the most when I decided to take a break.

Loyalty/Dedication
    It is no lie that the server hit a bit of a rough patch last year, mostly as a result of the introduction of Towny Extreme. During the early months of Extreme, I was active both in game and on forums, attempting to diagnose and resolve a lot of the problems and concerns being brought up. While many were hopping on the bandwagon of trashing and blaming staff members, I continued to stick by the server, as I genuinely believed it could bounce back.

Although I eventually stopped playing to take a break from the drama, I did return once the controversy died down. Looking through my post history, you can see a number of essays I wrote defending the server, while also pointing out and acknowledging its flaws. In my posts, I attempted to remain as unbiased and in the middle as possible, oftentimes having to disagree with friends, as I had them on both sides. This time was somewhat stressful for me, as I felt like by not choosing a side, I was losing most of the people close to me on the server. But I decided that I would rather speak what I believed was right and not give in, even if I felt like it was detrimental to my relationships.

Ultimately, I remained true to myself and my opinion, and I do not regret a single word of those posts. Being able to remain unbiased is a key attribute, as choosing sides serves only to cause further strife and controversy.

Passionate
    One of the most important traits of a Helper is being genuinely passionate about the server. I joined Meep when I was about ten, and I would be lying if I said it hadn’t shaped a large part of my childhood. I often think that my love for Economics is as a result of growing up on the server. As unusual or funny as it may seem, Meep taught me a lot about money management and negotiating, two things I plan on using later on in life. I learned to always give a low offer when buying, and high when selling. I learned how to calculate income and profit/loss through my pwarps. While it’s true these things are far more complex in real life, these small experiences I have with them inspired a true interest inside of me.

Although I have not played the last seven years straight, taking many breaks, I always somehow return. The community on Meep is unique, and I truly believe there’s nothing else like it around. This community continually pulls me in, and it’s why I’m so drawn to the server. I want to be helper because I want to assist the community and the server that’s helped me so much over the years. I want to give back to the people who I’ve considered good friends for the majority of my teen life. I’ve known many of these people for over five years, and although not all of them play still, I remain good friends with them.

I want to ensure that the server that did so much for me continues to survive and thrive, so that other people can have the same experience I did. I strongly believe that this server made me an all around better person, and I feel like this is the number one way I can pay it forward.

Knowledgeable of both the server and its players
    As someone who is extremely active and involved in the community, while also being knowledgeable of server commands and the way much of the server works, I offer a unique point of view. I am able to assess situations and determine the best response to them in many cases, as odds are I will know the people involved or have seen a similar situation unfold before. In situations where I may not have any experience, I am quick on my feet and able to deduce the best course of action. My extensive knowledge of the server also spreads from the jobs plugin, to towny, to parkour and everything in between.

As Helper, these are two things that are immensely important, and make up a vast majority of the job. Being so ingrained in so many aspects of the server has truly allowed me to see it from all sides. I have also been around for some of the server’s biggest updates, such as Gamma, the last towns reset, the Jobs Revamp, Extreme and even the 1.16 update. I was even selected for a private, albeit short-lived, team of players who voted on major economic decisions, run by CluelessKlutz. Seeing how the server has developed over the years has enabled me to understand the procedure for a lot of updates like these. This offers unique insight that the average player does not possess, and can only be replicated through experience.

What are your weaknesses?
    Ego
    As I’m sure many of you have noticed, I have a bit of an ego. Obviously this is a highly undesirable and annoying trait, but one that I promise I am working on. Up until recently, I had not realized how I come off sometimes, and things that I perceive as a joke are oftentimes taken too far or are just annoying. I often find it hard not to talk about the things I have spent hours on, or things that I am proud of, but I realized more and more that a lot of times people simply do not care. Whether I become helper or not, this is something I would absolutely work on and I think staying humble is something that is instrumental in having stable and healthy relationships, both in game and in real life.

Past
    As many players and staff know, I was involved in a major controversy during the Summer of 2020 that resulted in the banning and muting of a number of prominent players. I, myself, was permanently muted for comments I made in what I believed was a private chat. Although the mute was lifted immediately after speaking to high staff, I feel like I need to address this. I have been somewhat toxic in the past, and remain friends with a number of toxic players. While it is no excuse, a lot of my actions then were influenced by my friends. I do regret these things, however I feel as though I have matured more over the past few months, and no longer join along in morally questionable activities. My friends hold no influence over me anymore, and I believe my actions are fully my own. I remain friends with them, but their opinions and beliefs absolutely do not reflect my own, and I am better able to differentiate myself from them. I also vow not to treat them different from any other player in regards to my staff duty.

However, I feel like being involved in this controversy was a good learning experience for me. Many players felt that their voices were not being heard during this time, and chose to resort to hostility in an attempt to be heard. While I condemn these actions, I do believe having experienced what it feels like to be ignored can assist me and the staff team in avoiding something like this again. It is imperative that concerns are voiced diplomatically and peacefully at all times, as otherwise nobody wins. The staff team has since taken great and meaningful strides toward improving their communication with players, and I believe that I can only improve upon that even further.

Immaturity
    While this is something I’ve been working on, it should be noted that I have been wildly immature in my past. There are a number of extremely edgy “jokes” I have made, even up until semi recently. I do have a dark sense of humor, and oftentimes can take it way too far, with little regard for others. However, I have stopped saying these things that I believe are inappropriate, and I have absolutely not brought any of them in game since the summer of 2020. Furthermore, I rarely, if ever, said these things in global, and exclusively kept it to private chats. What I am referencing mainly stems from external sources such as Discord, in servers not connected with Meepcraft, but with some of its players.

What was originally a discord with some friends where I felt like I could say whatever I want without consequence quickly turned into a more public platform. I failed to realize that, and it is entirely my fault. I should have never been saying these things in the first place. A few weeks ago I deleted nearly every message that I could find that I felt crossed the line and hope that nobody was insulted in any way.

I understand that as Helper, I would be held to a different standard, and that actions such as these are not tolerated. Although they are two different entities, being staff certainly can expand beyond in game, and this is something I now fully understand. I would like to say that these things that I have said in the past are not indicative of my true nature, and were meant for some cheap laughs. I have never said anything with the intention of offending anyone, nor with the intention of causing any kind of harm. Obviously these “jokes” are distasteful and I will continue to refrain from making them, on or off the staff team. They are something that I do sincerely regret and wish I could take back.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know:
    Regardless of whether I am accepted or not, I will absolutely continue fighting for and helping the server in any way I can. I truly love this server and although I haven’t always agreed with every decision made, I will continue to stand by it. I believe the server is entering a new era, and things are certainly heading in the right direction. It would mean the world to me if I were able to be a part of this, as not just a player. Thank you.

(Edited for formatting)

LJJJJJJJ, JoeK, PHILLLLLLL and 6 others like this.
  2. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

Is not better than cooey3 or tod the pinecone. give them helper instead.

And I mean this -1. Seriously. If you want me to vouch for it I will in a voice channel. (i may have an actual reason)

3. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

Hello! This is a very brief insight of why exactly Peero would be an extraordinary fit for staff. Although the majority of the players would agree with most of these statements, I’d like to take the liberty of tying up any loose ends that may concern players if they had Peero as a staff member. Although this essay may be considered excessive, lengthy, and at times exaggerated, I hope every word is taken into consideration. If you need a TL, DR, I would simply like to say that from me, it’s an obvious +1 because of Peero’s significance in the Meepcraft community, as well as his overall attitude and devotion towards the server’s comeback.

To start off, I’d like to reiterate the public’s perspective of Peero. For those of you that aren’t on much, this is what people who don’t really know Peero see in him. Peero, in hindsight, is clever. He makes money faster than any player on the server. He knows not only how things work on this server, but also how to make the best of them. Peero looking at a fresh new Jobs Plugin turns into a player who loves to give it all he has and make it fun. And the secrets he finds in the server and plugins isn’t a secret, exclusive, or used for exploitation. Peero loves to actually help players heighten the efficiency of money-making and find ways to make it fun. Yes, Peero has made several systems to make millions of meebles within the hour, and that has resulted in inflating the economy several times. But this is less of a disadvantage to the server, and more of a viable trait in Peero’s skills. One of his skills include playtesting. So what, staff playtests all the time? And yet Peero finds loopholes even after staff’s past playtesting. Peero would help master balancing any new features in the server while also finding a way for players to have fun. Peero isn’t a tech, sure, but his knowledge of the server’s style and his insight on the community’s desires makes a perfect mix for a player who can contribute so much to the server.

I must acknowledge my own bias. I have known Peero for years, and have stood by him on several accounts. But I would rather let my connection be a method of explaining who he is to those that may not know him as well. First of all, it’s not exclusive or even difficult to be close friends with Peero. When I became close friends with Peero, I was just there, it wasn’t as if there was something pushing us together, he was just welcoming. Meaning, Peero doesn’t find any difficulty making friends, regardless of the person, and it’s easy to return the favor.

Peero can sometimes take jokes to a level that Meep didn’t appreciate in the past. Yes, these jokes, that would be shared by many, have hurt people. But this isn’t new. This is normal. No, it’s not okay that people get hurt, but making it better through understanding, listening, communicating, and generosity is exactly why Peero would be great for resolving those issues. From someone who sees the damages of these jokes to resolving them into something that can aid the community in its more aggressive and darker stages. Peero can not only be a staff member that understands those hostile jokes that have brought us down, and not just someone who can lift us up beyond them, but a beacon of hope who can guide others to follow suit. A role model, who sees the dark and responds with light.

Peero is someone who you can frequently see online. This is something that is a simple trait that people apply with, that we like to see from Helpers. Our current staff team is short of people, and his dedication to the server will ensure more present staff. The beauty of him being a Helper is not only is he active, but he has no problem stopping whatever he’s doing to give someone a hand. Yes, this is merely an expectation for Helpers, but I believe this trait that Peero possesses is less of a responsibility to him and more of his natural behavior and him acting in his best interest. With the server making a major comeback in its features as well as its community, someone who is a Meepcraft Veteran is needed. Someone who knows the community overall as a whole as well as someone who knows individuals well and truly enjoys meeting new people. For someone as loyal and determined to see this server grow, Peero would be a huge help in encouraging new members as well as current players to play more and also help the server grow.

The idea of Peero as a Helper is not surprising to this community. His skillset, his generosity, and his dedication make him the perfect candidate for staff. Peero has been one of the best players on Meepcraft through his efforts to help the development of this server as well as his contribution to the community. In the past few years, our server has been through several ups and downs. We’ve died completely, came back, and died again. But has anyone thought about maybe why this server can’t just die, and why can’t all of its players leave and never look back? Can we ask ourselves, why can’t we turn away forever? I believe the simple answer is that this community and this server was not made for players to easily turn away. This community, once you’re in it, is not so easily forgettable, and maybe we should live it up in the same sense. We should embrace the fact we can’t “quit.” Peero, along with several others, has been for the whole ride, and has loved every moment, and has improved the community through every stage. If you’re reading this, understand that Peero is someone who truly believes in this server. Its strengths, its weaknesses, its ups and downs is something he has embraced and fought for, and that’s exactly what the future of staff should look like.

I absolutely can not wait for Peero to improve this server in every way he sees possible.

+1.