1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Spawners

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Skwisher, Dec 27, 2014.

1. UglyUnicorn

UglyUnicorn Celebrity Meeper

grinders would be removed or destroyed because they would not be needed. you would have to go the wild if you want to fight mobs from spawners

2. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

Why dont' you try read step #2!

Toostenheimer and UglyUnicorn like this.
  3. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

Someone suggested this a while ago but how about just making it so mobs from a spawner don't drop any items in towny?

4. Jessy1990

Jessy1990 Well-Known Meeper

semiblind likes this.
  5. Krazycats

Krazycats Meeper

Then what is the point of spawners of anything other than blazes?

6. Paaaauuuullll

Paaaauuuullll Popular Meeper

Because there is no longer a vshop/meepshop, I often find myself trying to buy or sell items at chest shops. This would be okay, but the towns with the larger chest shops tend to have grinders. My computer slows to a crawl until I get out of that town. I can only imagine how bad it is to live in a town like that. Grinders are used by having players swat at the feet of harmless mobs. I think spawners meant supposed to be fun, but now they're boring. If they were only place-able in the wild, then a sense of danger/excitement would return, as the player would not longer be in the safety of a town. Anyway, my point is that towny grinders should no longer be permitted, and I do like most of the suggestions by you other players.
    I think that spawners should remain accessible to Elite+, but they should not be place-able in the towny worlds.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  7. kittynom

kittynom Celebrity Meeper

I like being able to get spawners easily out of the wild- it's not really minecraft if you can't play it like Notch intended....
    (Sry if dat made nu sense)

8. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3

Agreed that spawners are too easy to reciecve while being an important piece to receive donors. I think that we should maintain the value of these items while still making them a way to receive donors. Perhaps a special enchantment to a tool would be okay.

9. Skwisher

Skwisher Popular Meeper

Um if you wanted to play like Notch had intended it then you would never have been able to silk touch spawners in the first place. This is a plugin on Meepcraft and doesn't exist on singleplayer without mods.

Khafra likes this.
  10. Paaaauuuullll

Paaaauuuullll Popular Meeper

Kittynom is making the same point as you. I said something in my post that didn't come across the way I meant it to. She was replying to me.

11. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

You would have to set up the spawners/grinders in the wild. That would take time and you have to worry about resets and griefers. This would hopefully slow down the spawning in of mob items.

12. semiblind

semiblind Active Meeper

What mob items are so valuable that makes you think nerfing spawners into the ground is a good idea?

Who cares if you can get 100k bones... its not like you can sell them to the admin shop. Who cares if you can get 100k rotten flesh... its not like you can sell them to the admin shop. Who cares that you can get 100k broken bows... you get the idea.

13. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

why spawner shards :(

14. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

This iteration of this idea is denied, simply because it would be a riot if we removed spawners. Too many people donated for it, the idea has merit, however this path to solve anything would be more disasterous than if we just left it.