1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Spawners

1. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

I agree spawners cause unlimited free automated items! I like the suggustions above but it should be done as follows:

#1 Turn OFF ALL mob spawners in towny so they can not produce mobs! (reduces towny lag and EASY automated farms)
    #2 Turn ON all mob spawners in the wild. (still allows for farms but at much much more danger, and allows other players possiblity for raids on them)
    #3 Remove all current spawners in the game (placed in towny or in chests) and compensate everyone at 3k per mob spawner.
    #4 Revamp the Meep Trade Shops so they actually BUY all spawners at 5k and SELL them all at 10k.

If this is done it will make it possible for people to make money again by mining spawners with hard work and effort!

2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Keep in mind, a very, very, VERY large portion of this server donated for those spawners. If we're to disable or remove them, I think that is a bit like cheating our customer out of what they did indeed pay for. I think it would breed a lot of distrust between the players, and staff/server. It would also set a precedent that players should be wary to donate because at a whim we could remove a the very thing we're currently marketing to encourage donations.

Spawners are really a thing that never should have been here, but since they are removal is nearly impossible, and it's an evil we're just going to have to deal with. Additionally, compensation @ 3k per spawner is nothing, as I can market and sell spawners @ 5k easily currently. This seems like a heavy-handed approach, and an arrogant one.

Generally, the items that are dropped from these spawners, with notable exception of sheep/animal (for meat), are quite low-worth to begin with. The act of driving them into worthlessness isn't necessarily reducing the value by that much. So I could totally get behind the argument that we should have never included them. But I think it is utter insanity to consider a removal at this point. Coming from a staff perspective as well, this is not something I really feel like defending and justifying for the next couple months to the hordes of raging players that would result from such a shocking action. We're still defending the current economic changes, which more additions are coming. But to add this on top of it would be madness.

Additionally, I would like to see this suggestion argued for further by offering a viable replacement as a donor perk. Because to do any movement on this, much like nerfing iron farms. I think this is a hearts & minds battle, we would have to sell this for months before the change ever happened.

So go sell it.

SirCallow, metr0n0me, cooey and 3 others like this.
  3. Skwisher

Skwisher Popular Meeper

Currently, one of the main reasons the economy is "out of hand" as some people call it, is because of the huge amounts of free items spawners are adding to the server. Spawners should be made a lot harder to obtain than just silk touching a spawner in the wild. This feature should be removed and replaced with a more viable option to obtain spawners. A few ideas for this option to obtain spawners could be:
    • Buying them from the admin shop for the current large price which deters player from stocking up on them.
    • Spawners have a chance to be given to a player when they vote.
    • Mining a spawner with silk touch drops a "spawner shard" or something of the sort which can be crafted into a spawner (say 3x3 shards on the crafting table makes a spawner).
    This will reduce the amount of items flooding into the server and also force players to actually think and design efficient mob farms instead of shoving a hundred spawners into a room.

An additional option to this suggestion when it is implemented would be to remove all the spawners on the server (I'm not sure but I think there is a command to do that, but if its too hard don't worry about it) so all players can obtain their spawners the harder way and it doesn't give a disadvantage to newer players. However this may cause annoyance within the community so just post your feedback below.