1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Sjoeppappentrap application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Sjoeppappentrap, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sjoeppappentrap

Sjoeppappentrap Sjoeppappentrap Elder

IGN: Sjoeppappentrap

Teamspeak: Sjoeppappentrap

In game hours (weekday) : I'm online +-8 hours a weekday, in those 8 hours I might be AFK cuz I work at home. Mods that are online in my timezone (European timezone CEST +1) might have noticed that I'm online (not AFK) a lot.

In game hours (weekend) : On a weekend-day I'm online like 8+ hours, but those hours I'm really online and not some of the time AFK like in the weekdays. When I'm not online I'm riding my race-bike.

Introduction: I'm Mathias, 26 year old. I'm a man working at home as a Civil Engineer in Elechtromechanics. I'm not always at home for work, once a week I got to visit court for a case. (I'm working of court) Some mods might have noticed me in game yet and did experience how I am as a player in the community. I'm playing meep since october 2013. This might seem not long enough but in my thoughts I'm playing the game for a long time during day and meep isn't my first MC server. I'm 26 by now and playing MC since I was 12 (I was so happy on my birthday, 1 of the presents was MC :p) For me that's enough experience although I can't judge on that.

PS: You may have noticed that I wasn't online the last days => I just went back from a 2 week vacation, and I'm glad that I can play/help back on the server :).

Why: I always have the intention to help people out, also in my work. As said before, I work for the court as a civil engineer to advise people/organisations who have problems with structures which are built in their production halls. And those problems can't be fixed between "buyer and maker". This intention is taking me into this app. Why should the actual staff choose me to 'join' their team? Well for my work I got to handle some difficult cases where I need to defend my client (easy part in court) After I've done that and the lawyer of my client has spoken the 'other side' may reply on my 'story' and probably you allready guess what you get: (soz for language) a shitload of rude words. In those situations you need to stay calm, especially when people hire you to help them. Because it's my job I'm allready well trained in those kinda situations and I'm following training moments every month. In my opinion this is an advantage (being calm in difficult/hard situations) for someone that is part of the staff of this server, my age helps this calmness aswell. Now beside my calmness I'm also wellknown with the ways how to solve problems in a fast/decent manner (might help). I tryed to show this the last months I played on the server by helping people in shout/by message. Am I experienced enough, in my eyes I am => I refer to my intro (wont repeat that cuz that's boring)

Conclusion: I think / I'm quiet sure that I am an active player with the intention to help people ... . Also my age might be a plus, normally I'm a bit more mature then some players playing meep. (Don't see this as a blame) My calmness shouldn't be a problem unless you attack someone personnally on diseases that that person has. (e.g. cancer) My loyalty to meep has been proven since I'm waiting for my rank (supreme) like 14 days.

Weaknesses: I like playing meep, sometimes a bit too long ;). And now serious: when a case comes in front of court I'm offline half a day. (Doesn't happen often, once a week)
    I'm not a good writer (making long things).

Greetings,
    Sjoeppappentrap

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    superbros1211 and XxNine_TailsxX like this.
  2. The_Squirrelman

The_Squirrelman Popular Meeper

First, your application. It was incredibly short, and it just looked like you didn't have a lot of effort put into it. What I liked was your correlation between your job and your work here on a server, but there was little else. Other than that, I haven't seen you that involved with the community. I'd like it if you were here more on forums, as your only posts are this application and your loss of rank. Helping people out on forums is a great way to get involved, and everyone who gets the help appreciates it. To the second part, you aren't really active enough in game. I haven't seen you helping out in ./shout, or just overall getting to know the community. We are on relatively similar hours, so I think I'm making a fair judgement. Overall? I'll have to go with a -1, due to lack of overall effort in the app and community involvement. However, I hope to see you improve in these aspects, as I see your head is level. On top of that, I wish you best of luck in getting your Supreme rank back!

Sjoeppappentrap likes this.
  3. Sjoeppappentrap

Thx for your comment, if you wish I can enlarge my application but I thought a brief application would be better then a letter of about 20 pages that pass by me at work from lawyers :p. Anyway last 2 weeks I wasn't active since I was on holidays to Italy, so with the fact of knowing that I wasn't able to play/be on the internet it isn't possible for me to be active on the forums. But you make a point that before these forums were applied I wasn't 'super-active', that will change by now since I have more and more the intention to help people instead of enjoying the game myself.
    About helping in shout, the time I played the last months you were online some of the time, so I'm not completely convinced in that point. Anyway I appreciate your reaction and I'll edit my application in a larger form tomorrow evening, today I got to prepare my self for the biggest court-case in my life. But I can assure you that an updated version of my application will be online by tomorrow evening!

Greetings,
    Sjoeppappentrap

superbros1211 and XxNine_TailsxX like this.
  4. Sjoeppappentrap

My application has been updated. If u want to know more about me don't hesitate to contact me ;).

Cya around,
    Sjoe

superbros1211 likes this.
  5. TheJohnseyClutch

TheJohnseyClutch Popular Meeper

What do you mean by 'updated'? You edited it?

6. Sjoeppappentrap

You're completely right, the_squirrelman found my app kinda short, I'm not a that good writer so I did adjust it a bit.

Greetings,
    Sjoe

7. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

I really liked how you related real life experiences to the role of staff member, as experience is always a great asset as a staff member. I see you active in shout a lot, and often help people out. I have never seen you angry with someone in shout, or breaking server rules. As a person you have always been respectful from what I have observed. Your updated apllication reveals alot more effort, akin to what you will need to put in as a staff member, which is great. I also like that you mentioned people management training and coping with stressful situations, as these situations often co.r up, where the best response is to be calm. Overall, I am for a +1 on this application, I believe you would be a great addition to the team. I think you could improve on your forum activity however, as this assists with community relationships.

Sjoeppappentrap likes this.
  8. Sjoeppappentrap

Do you like my updated version a bit more ?

9. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

re-apply in two week, and do not edit application after submitted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.