1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Sjoeppappentrap application for moderator

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Sjoeppappentrap, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sjoeppappentrap

Sjoeppappentrap Sjoeppappentrap Elder

In Game Name: Sjoeppappentrap
    Skype Username: Sjoeppappentrap
    Teamspeak Username: Sjoeppappentrap
    Mic use: Available (not during office-hours)
    Timezone: UTC+1
    Hours online per weekday: 8-10h a day (I might be AFK since I have a IRL job but ¾ of the time I’m on meep.)
    Hours online per weekend: 8-10h a day (same as a weekday since weekends are working days either)
    Position Changes:
    Helper -> moderator

Introduction:
    Hello,
    People who have noticed me ingame will know that I’m called Sjoe.
    I’m a Belgian boy at the age of 26. In real life I have a job, that job is related in the same branch as the work you should do as a staff member.
    The ones that have read my old application (helper) do know which job I execute. (I’m a Civil Engineer, who runs a company that works for a court).
    I’m playing minecraft since ’12 and fell into meep in November ’12.

Why should I be Mod?
    First of all, most of you will comment that I didn’t pass the 2 weeks you need to be helper at least, I was allowed/being asked to apply on the forums.
    In the next paragraph I’m going to sum up some points which will be needed to be Moderator.
    Experience, dedication/loyalty to meep, maturity, online during night-time.
    Let’s start with my experience, playing minecraft since the beginning of 2012 and meep since November in the same year. Concerning the time I’m online I assume that I am well known with the commands used in meep and most of the things used in minecraft. Was I experienced enough to do my job as a helper? I’m sure the higher staff already has judged me, it’s answer that they have in their possession. If I am experienced enough, do I have enough dedication to do my job as a staff member? In my opinion, my dedication to this server is more than good enough. Most people don’t see me working a lot. My forum activity isn’t that good at all. Blame the modreqs!
    I think most of staff understands that I’m not that active on forums. At this point I would advise everyone who even thinks about applying => Forums => Staff Recruitment => New Thread. Enough said about dedication, my maturity is the next point! Well I hope I am, else people would laugh at me in Court :). If I wasn't mature enough, people wouldn't hire me for there problems that they will defend in court. On plus I'm 26 years old which should show a bit more maturity.
    And last but definitely not least: online during night-time! All the players that play in my TZ do experience the lack of staff. Especially higher staff.
    How can I help this server as a moderator? Well the past days I've done some research on people who x-ray/exploit/grief and those investigations would go a bit smoother when I have access to the perms of a Moderator. On plus I have to deal daily with a bunch of advertisers, I can only sit and watch ... .

Weaknesses:
    Might be offline for half days when cases come in front of court.

Conclusion:
    -Experience: I hope so ☺
    -Dedication: Present
    -Maturity: Definitely
    -Biggest advantage: online during night-time

Greetings,
    Sjoeppappentrap

Courtneyyy likes this.
  2. The_Squirrelman

The_Squirrelman Popular Meeper

I have seen this guy's work first hand. He single handedly has more than half of the staff's modreqs done, and is always looking for a case to bust. He's got incredible work ethic, and I feel it should be noted that he is the most active member of his time zone. His crime record is clean. His work is shining.

3. TomWat123

TomWat123 Well-Known Meeper

You for sure work hard in your job, but I do see you miss something every now and then, but who doesn't you also haven't been helper very long, so its only a +.5 from me :)

Sjoeppappentrap likes this.
  4. shains

shains never stop fighting

Sjoe, you're an amazing helper, and you work hard. I'd love for you to be mod, regardless of how long you've been helper. +1

Everyone misses things. It's difficult to keep up with chat when you're answering so many modreqs and people are messaging you for help at the same time.

5. TomWat123

TomWat123 Well-Known Meeper

6. shains

shains never stop fighting

My apologies, I don't know why I missed that...

7. Sjoeppappentrap

I do notice that I miss things quiet some times but I can be AFK or doing modreqs or posting proof. (Hard to catch up with chat msg'es during those things.) I'm aware of that lack but some reinforcement on that point would be helpfull!

Greetings,
    Sjoeppappentrap

8. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

You work EXTREMLY hard, and have from day one of your time as a helper. I have had plenty of experience with you as a staff member, and I feel a position as a Moderator would only aid you further in the amazing work you put into this server. You are committed, well rounded, and would make a very viable applicant. +1 from me.

Edit: Another major point, your online in my amazing aussie timezone, where the number of staff is very limited. Most staff here are helpers, we need a higher ranked staff member.

9. 1MinecraftLord1

1MinecraftLord1 Celebrity Meeper

Sjoe your great as a helper and I think you are one of the most deserving the moderator position, +1 from me, good luck xD

10. RossCoombs

RossCoombs Popular Meeper

Sjoe, you are one of the best helpers I know. I'm not being biased because we're friends, but I see your dedication, you work extremely hard on modreqs, and you are constantly trying to keep up with shout and you do a brilliant job at moderating. You may be a little less active on the forums than some people, but I feel this is something you can and WILL improve on in the future, on top of this, your ig work shows us why this is the case. Honestly, I don't even have to read your application for me to give you a +1, but I guess we should analyse your app too. :)
    Looking at your application has amazed me, you have really put in a lot of effort onto your application. As most people know, the 'Why' section is the most important part of an application, and you have portrayed this really well. This was one of the easiest applications for me to post on. +1 from me :D

11. Sjoeppappentrap

I will improve my forum-activity if I get some reinforcement!

RossCoombs likes this.
  12. dannyj2801

dannyj2801 Popular Meeper

+1 sjoe is always doing his job and he is definetly someone who could be a great moderator.

13. Tasmiki

Tasmiki Celebrity Meeper

Aah, Sjoe. I know that we haven't been the best of friends, we haven't really gotten on together. But that doesn't change the fact that you are an amazing Helper in game, and I think you are the most deserving for Mod. A big +1 from me.

14. oscarhouston

oscarhouston Popular Meeper

Sjo sjo sjo... what can I say??? You are kind, friendly you work hard, dedicated, love meepcraft. I don't get why you aint admin right now lol. +100000000

15. rorihouston

rorihouston Popular Meeper

Very nice meeper to be around, helpful, dedicated and hardworking +1, I think you will be a great mod

16. LR_Davius

LR_Davius Celebrity Meeper

Big +1. You should have applied earlier.

You work your butt off, and deserve the position.

thebpupwolf and Sjoeppappentrap like this.
  17. Sjoeppappentrap

Thanks! All those good comments. Luv it!

18. reggles44

reggles44 NANA NaNa nana NaNa NANA NaNa nana NaNa, REGGLES! Elder

I can't express my feeling of you being mod right so here is a gif that shows your evolution.

[​IMG]

19. Sjoeppappentrap

Lol awesome gif!

20. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.