1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Should human lives be valued more than other animals?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by nhjed, Jun 1, 2018.

?

who you saving (read bolded text)

1. the dog

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. roomate

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. ekjhgekuie

ekjhgekuie Celebrity Meeper

The end of a fire that I am inside will result in, among other things, my death. During the fire, I would feel. By the end of the fire, I would not feel. Is this a surprise?

Please address my stance.

agnd likes this.
  2. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

Dogs are really smart. Exceptionally smart. Maybe your dog is stupid but mine isn’t. My dog misses me when I’m gone more than most of the people in my house, so her emotions are stronger than our humans in the house. My dog is more important to me than some stupid roommate.

Courtneyyy likes this.
  3. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

Yes, I can. Because one is a human, and one is a gorilla, and we should logically always save our own species first.

Given the choice, which do you think a Gorilla would save? Its own child, or a human child?

nhjed and Enron like this.
  4. minetifa

minetifa Celebrity Meeper

yes they should

nhjed likes this.
  5. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

If your argument is that more intelligent life forms should be saved, then your logic is broken when you said you saving an animal you’re emotionally attached to isn’t worth saving more than a rock (which is neither intelligent nor alive).

6. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

The dog.
    Because humans know communication.

Can't I just yell "HEY MAN, THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE" and that would be that?

Whereas if I yell at my dog, he would not make sense of it.
    So yell to the roommate, grab the dog, get out.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 9, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 9, 2018 ---
    wait no that wasn't the point of the thread

7. Blue_Marlin

Don’t judge a fish on its capability on tree climbing. My dog may not be able to use a computer, talk like a human or open up the drawer and grab a bowl of food but if I put her outside, she can find food (and has killed other animals and started to eat them), my dog knows when someone is sick, protects the home, and does amazing tasks on her own.

I’ve seen dogs starve themselves when their humans were gone, literally won’t eat. When I grab my keys, my dog runs to the door. When I turn on the bathtub, she rides. When I take her through a Mc. Donald’s drivethrough she gets excited because she knows she’s getting ice cream. My dog is more important to me than most humans. I’d save my dog.

8. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

his point is that no matter how smart you think your dog is, no animal will ever compare to a human being in intelligence, even if it's the dumbest human being. that's not opinionated, thats a fact.

we don't care about what your dog can do, if it was your dog in a fire I'd let it die, because quite frankly my morals are right, not too sure about yours

you're the prime example of what's wrong with society, atleast 1 million people in the US have their dogs as first receivers in their will lmao

Enron likes this.
  9. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

I'm starting to have doubts

Bob4444444, KyloMeep and nhjed like this.
  10. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

You haven't substantiated this claim yet. What makes it more logical for me to save a human if I value an animal at a higher level?

Blue_Marlin likes this.
  11. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

a person's standards of behavior or beliefs concerning what is and is not acceptable for them to do.

its an opinion man chill

Blue_Marlin likes this.
  12. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

The Human.

He owes me one. The dog will continue to leach affection and resources from me. The human at least hopefully will repay me, at the least with a cookie,

Enron likes this.
  13. Blue_Marlin

There is nothing wrong with my morals. Dogs are just better than most humans. Stephen Hawking was a pretty smart guy, does that mean I should save him rather than my mother? Brother? Cousins? Simply because he’s smarter than them? (Yes, I know, he’s dead but still). I’d save someone based on how much I love them. I love my dog more than my roommate. I’d save her.

14. ekjhgekuie

ekjhgekuie Celebrity Meeper

Comparing humans to humans is a different discussion. You missed the topic.

One cannot apply the same argument to two situations without an explanation of why the argument is transitive.

"Dogs are just better than most humans." Are you going to tell us why? Nobody will believe you until you explain your position.

I am not going to try to convince you because the way you talk shows that you are unfamiliar with debate and substantiation of claims (burden of proof).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Enron likes this.
  15. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

Human and animal lives should be regarded as being the same, There are people out there who abuse animals and humans Every single day, You could look to the news a few weeks ago to where these evil couple keeped their children chained to beds and they were found only when one escaped, She had planned her escape for several years at that. Then you go to everyday news where people in korea eat dog and cat meat (I dont mind it if its a part of their culture but still it needs to stop), There should be Internatinal laws against this and there should be monthly checkups on all children to make sure that they are being treated correctly and are living happy and safe, If I am sounding a little dictaror thats becouse People do not lissen to laws and think they are above the law so at this point we need to make sure the laws are higher than them entirely

16. Blue_Marlin

I deal with humans everyday of my life, I have many friends. I’m saying, based off the question, that I would save my dog. The question is would you save your dog or your roommate that you just met. I would save them based on how much I loved them. Of course if my dog was in a burning building as well as my mother, father, child, sister, brother or best friend, of course I would save the human but I WOULD INDEED save my dog over another person whom I don’t know or whom I just met. That’s just my opinion and I’m not going to feel bad for it.

17. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

that's selfish if you ask me, that's essentially saying "I'm not doing (this) for you because you didn't do (this) for me. if I saved my dog instead of you, in the circumstances of which you cannot save yourself and I'm the only source of help, and now you're a burn survivor (messed up skin) please tell me truthfully, how you would feel about me.

Enron likes this.
  18. Blue_Marlin

I would feel sad for you but Atleast I have my dog.

Erebus45 likes this.
  19. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

Did you make an attempt to try and interpret what I said? or are you too hard-headed to listen to me

I said if I saved MY dog, and I let you, Blue_Marlin, roast and become a burn survivor, in the circumstances in which you couldn't save yourself, and I was the only way of you getting out, being fully aware of the entire situation & me not helping you afterwards

how would you feel about me
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 12, 2018 ---
    you're saying children should be checked up on monthly? whos going to fund that, and who says that someone can't pull a trojan horse? that seems very illogical.

not all human beings are the same

Enron likes this.
  20. Blue_Marlin

Thanks for calling me hard headed for misunderstanding your question. If you didn’t save me I wouldn’t become a burn survivior, I’d be dead.

Anyway, I would save my dog. Not sure why we’re still going on about this.