1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Shops Suggestion

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Aarett, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Aarett

Aarett Celebrity Meeper

I take you back to Germany during WWII. The war had just ended, and Germany was very deep in debt. They sought out any way to get out of that ditch. As a result, German currency was made to the point where it was worthless. The debt was paid off, but Germany was left in an economic depression. Why am I telling you this? The reason is that I would hate to see meep go the same route. Of my current knowledge, the meepshop will be once again implemented. Is this the best idea? As more people sell items to the shop, more money is forced into the economy from the server's ability to infinitely do so. I am asking for opinions. Should we really put the meepshop back, or should the old Vshop be reimplemented? Currency needs to be exchanged in order for the economy to work, not added. I believe that it is a bad idea to add another way to dump meebles into the economy. If I am misunderstanding something, please let me know, but I just want to say, implementing the old Vshop would in my opinion be better than the meepshop.

For those who joined after the meepshop was implemented, it was like a virtual chest shop that had prices set by the players that could be accessed from anywhere.

Summers likes this.
  2. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

I like how you comparison of Germany to meep.

leodavinci9000 likes this.
  3. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

To my knowledge, MeepShop is not coming back. The shop that is is an edited version of VShop. What made you think that we'd bring MeepShop back?

benster82 and Paaaauuuullll like this.
  4. Aarett

Aarett Celebrity Meeper

I took a break from meep, and was told that it was promised to come back. If not, I am changing my suggestion, bring Vshop or meepshop back (preferably Vshop)+

5. chaos546

I think you may have misheard. Awhile ago, apparently, Fuzzlr announced in chat that VShop or something similar is coming back.

6. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Onis's MeepDelivery

chaos546 likes this.
  7. Paaaauuuullll

Paaaauuuullll Popular Meeper

2015-02-20_14.47.46.png
    It was announced that it Onis was working on it and it would be done within a few weeks.

metr0n0me likes this.
  8. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

chaos546 and Paaaauuuullll like this.
  9. chaos546

I think you may be right. Regardless, @Aarett, is that good enough for you?

10. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Not to nit pick, but. The period in which you are talking about was shortly after World War I, not II, 1921 to 1924 to be exact. This was during the Weimar Republic, and yes, they were faced with insurmountable debt. They also did resort to printing currently until it was nearly worthless, but it accomplished two things; it allowed the German government to pay off it's debts, AND have enough for people to spend, resulting in some economic growth despite the circumstances.

The resulting episode did not leave Germany in a depression, but rather they managed to introduce a stable economy shortly after 1924, until the Great Depression hit, which was far more damaging to Weimar Germany than it was America, and was in part due to Germany's reliance on foreign trade.

You are actually using a sound strategy to describe how bad MeepShop returning would be, which it's not, so the incorrect analogy is moot. :)

What is going to happen is we are implementing MeepDelivery, MeepChest, and Pholos as some of the ways to diversify the economy on MeepCraft. With MeepDelivery, it will mimic a system very much similar to Vshop, but allowing those motivated to shop around for deals at the same time.