1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Seven Reasons to Choose MeepCraft

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Fuzzlr, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]

I took this picture THIS morning. Fuzzlr, I hate to break it to you, but as much as your staff has improved over the past 6 months, you do not have 24/7 staff on your server.

2. FillylandingXD

FillylandingXD Popular Meeper

Wow, 88 messages Bob? I feel proud of myself and I have 10. lel

Anyways, Bob's got a point.

3. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

You may have brought 7 reasons to join meep to the table, but I can come up with more than 7 reasons not to.

4. Lucas Belfort

Lucas Belfort Active Meeper

Great post and Meep has many good reasons

5. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

Why did you make this? I'm pretty sure everybody reading this has already chosen to play on meepcraft.

SirCallow likes this.
  6. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

I would like to elaborate on a few points that @XxNine_TailsxX mentioned.

In regards to a Vibrant Community

"Meh, I wouldn't say 'vibrant'"

The server's value originates greatly from our community. Multiple servers are painstakingly designed to work alongside each other to allow for increased interaction for the masses. For example synchronized inventories is one of the countless features that few large servers have, and this feature alone allows for the some of the largest player-simultaneous community experiences in Minecraft. Additionally, few servers have the ability to broadcast messages to hundreds of servers at once. The trust that we place in the community and the unique character that it has is what I believe gives MeepCraft's community an undeniable and significant advantage.​

In regards to a Sophisticated Economy

"Sorry Fuzzlr but you dont have 'thousands' of players that use the vshop anymore"

Statistically, thousands of players do use the system, so the point raised in the original point is objectively true. ​

"half of the kids on here didnt even know that a stock existed in real life before you implemented them"

This is excellent. This tells us that we are successfully educating young people to learn more about real-life activities and allowing them to demonstrate their talent in a virtual economy.​

In regards to Unique Minigames

"Yeah....your minigames arent close to being unique. Go on any minigames server."

The concepts of many minigames on MeepCraft are not unique. However there is great uniqueness in each one's game mechanics. For example, games like Capture the Flag and Hunger Games are very generic from a conceptual perspective, but are vastly different in their game mechanics compared to other servers.​

In regards to a 24/7 Staff

"Yeah...no"

I agree that the term 24/7 is definitely debatable when it comes to staff, but anyone can agree that the staff has an excellent competitive culture that promotes the highest level of service. I would definitely say the quality of the staff is the highest now then it has ever been on MeepCraft, and I am able to make that statement because I observe the stability, resilience, competence, and positivity when it comes to serving the community that is unmatched in any group of people I have worked with.​

In regards to Legendary Architecture

I dont think you should use the word "celebrity".

MeepCraft has some of the most high-valued and expensive build projects in the Minecraft community. Over the years we have obtained the services of individuals who are at the highest possible level of skill in this field, some of which have a following that would distinguish them as a "celebrity".​

In conclusion

Sorry if I sound like a priss but dont make your server sound better than it actually is. Dont get me wrong I like playing on the server and I know you have to hype it up for advertisements, but most of what you're saying is very opinionated and just not true.

I agree that as a server owner my opinion is inherently biased. However I believe that all of the points that I have made hold significant validity. I frequently play and enjoy challenging strategy games. As for my own personal preference and love for economic strategy, MeepCraft is one of the best experiences in Minecraft. There is no other environment that I have found that could possibly bring the same enjoyment for me. So while some of your disagreements with my sentiments may be true from the perspective of people that don't enjoy or value the same aspects of the game that we do, you may be correct, but speaking from what I believe is the perspective of the target audience that MeepCraft serves, I must disagree with most of your sentiments as they make clearly incorrect objective claims. Thank you for your criticism.​

SirCallow, 00000, JoeK and 10 others like this.
  7. Dem0Gorgon

Dem0Gorgon Celebrity Meeper

can you say suck up much.. or brown noser, how ever you deside to put it

Iatemyfriends likes this.
  8. Hobbs509

Hobbs509 Popular Meeper

Chill man. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...

Iatemyfriends and XxNine_TailsxX like this.
  9. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

Am I not allowed to state my own opinions anymore without some 12 year old telling me im wrong without showing valid proof? Youre making yourself sound extremely immature with the way you reply and saying "get owned" doesnt even make sense. I simply stated my opinions and @Fuzzlr corrected me on some mistakes, as well as stated some of his own opinions. Yes I realize this is a minecraft server, but you need to grow up.
    I agree with some of the stuff that you said but personally I think its mostly just an opinion. Some people like economy servers like this and some people are minigame junkies. Im glad that you care enough about your server that you reply to someones opinions, but I think most of my opinions will stay the same.

10. Chaase5

Chaase5 Popular Meeper

If you actually think this is true, I'd like to have a long discussion with you.

SirCallow, shavingcream, JoeK and 6 others like this.
  11. minecraftsongs

minecraftsongs Celebrity Meeper

I love this server. I first joined back in April 2014, but I didn't play much. My real activity picked up in October 2014. I was first known as minecraftsongs, and stayed that way for a long while. I became well known throughout the server, and despite a few rude people whom I will not name, my Meep experience was great. I had to take a two month break in November due to computer issues and came back in January. I then played until March, then I just temporarily lost interest. I came back earlier this month and Meep is doing so much better! I'm so glad I got to be a part of it all and watch Meep progress. I have also tried out other servers and none were like Meep. None of them sat right, and when I returned to Meep, I felt like I was home.

I'm with Meep 'til the end.

12. _Rigel

_Rigel Popular Meeper

I'm gonna get a lot of crap for this, even though this is the only server I play on, if you constantly say "we are the best server in the world" it wont be the best... because that statement might not be entirely true. We don't need all this as we can clearly see meepcraft being listed on the top thirties and twenties on "top servers". In my opinion I think being the best server in the world will bring conflict and arguments. We must try our best to get in some popular you're server lists also, even if its on number five we could get another 300 players. This is my opinion so feel free to come back with an argument.

13. TheAngelEclipse

TheAngelEclipse Popular Meeper

Actually, I think for once I completely agree with you. It's true that we can't keep the attitude of "We are the best server out there/we are the best we can be" because first of all, there is no "best" server. It's all based off preference of the player joining, and we can't improve if we don't keep an open mind to the areas that could be improved upon.

Saying "we don't need all this" is the only part I would bring up an argument against. It's because of this and the promotional techniques/actions of Fuzzlr and the community as a whole (such as voting) that got us where we are today. Constructive criticism that leaves room for staff to respond to (example; @XxNine_TailsxX above) and supporting the server, or keeping quiet and appreciating what you DO have is what helps us grow.

Fun fact, I joined -because- of what I saw on the forums back then. Somehow, I liked what I saw in the community and that's what got me to join the server itself. :p If people keep posting over-dramatic, negative bullcrap about the server being just awful, how are we supposed to move forward? Instead, look at the specifics of what you don't like, and ask yourself first of all the reason for your post, and double check to make sure it's worth posting about. How much worse could this issue be, and how could we "fix" it or make it better? Prioritize. How is anybody going to benefit off this post? All good stuff to consider.

Anywhoo, there's my two cents. Take it as you might. At the end of the day, I find it's really the community that matters most to me. That's why I'm still here, and that's why I am who I am. So whether or not you read the whole post, I want y'all to have a wonderful day and remember to breathe some fresh air every once in a while. hehe.

~ Tae

_Rigel and XxNine_TailsxX like this.
  14. SurvivingSword11

SurvivingSword11 Celebrity Meeper

This is the only thing I do not agree with. PvP on Meep is probably one of the down-sides of the server in my opinion, not one of the great parts.

Chaase5 likes this.
  15. mindwrights

mindwrights Meeper

Fuzzlr this is a truly awesome server

16. JoeK

JoeK ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Legendary

17. SwagUnitedFC

SwagUnitedFC Well-Known Meeper

This server is FRICKING GODLY MAN.

_Rigel likes this.
  18. triscope

triscope Celebrity Meeper

@The_Unkown675 i guess you were so much of a wimp you deleted your post.

19. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

What post?

20. Ethio

Ethio Well-Known Meeper

Meepcraft is my favourite Minecraft server. I have loved this server since I joined in September 2014 and I have worked my way up to being the richest non-donating drifter. The only reason I still play on it is because of the bustling community and economy; and, although I hate the chat spam, I love the feeling that I'm never on the server alone. The /g chat is the best feeling in the world, it shows you that people are still buying and selling and the economy is growing.

I am a strong supporter of pro-citizen events, and whenever citizens become richer than rankists, I applaud them. Back in 1,7, when I was purplepizza117, it was nearly impossible for any citizen to get money at all and IGDMentalChicken and I were hanging on the edges of poverty with only 5,000 bucks in our pockets and going as low as 400 dollars, we had so much fun working our virtual butts off to make money to support us. I had my giant building aspirations and a /pwarp mall, with 3 plots to pay rent for. But it was fun! And I think Meepcraft is- and should be- just that. Fun.

My earliest- and one of my fondest- memories of Meep was the first day I joined. In spawn, an elite rankist gave me a full set of yellow leather dyed armour. Then, I warped to Beta and joined a town- and was almost immediately promoted to builder, then again to assistant. I was a N()()B and Meepcraft then, and I treated my leather armour like a stack of diamond blocks, putting it in my enderchest like someone would actually steal it, but it was still fun.

When 1,8 came out onto Meep, I almost instantly 180k richer. I (don't tell BigDaddyJoseph) actually found a way into /pwarp V before it opened, so I got a whole lot of emeralds and then enchantment books and then money and no one was there to stop me. (Plz no ban) I had found a strategy to making money. I soon told my friend IGD and then my other friend dandj62 about e-books, and they became rich as well (relatively). Soon, we made a town- and that was when I got incredibly rich. I now actually bought materials instead of /warp wild. But I was also bored. I was longing to go back to the times when I actually had to WORK for money, not just start a town and let the money roll into my bank account. I thought about giving my money away to some drifters, but I would still know HOW to make money. I started to hop on every other day, whereas before, I was probably hopping on every few hours.

In 3 months, IGD and I sold our town. We continued to be co-mayors and help out the town... but we had an incompetent mayor. He did absolutely nothing to help, and rather hindered us by claiming land until our limit was reached. We had 17,980 dollars upkeep PER DAY. IGD, seeing the town as worthless and going to fall, abused his co-mayor powers and griefed the town- and received only a 12 hour ban. He was kicked from town, and I found myself with an incompetent mayor, 10k in the bank total, and a messed up town. SO i bought the town back. In just two weeks, I had sucked 600k out of the town before I then sold it again- for 30k. At that point, we had gone from the 15th largest town ever in Beta to 7 residents. The town fell just a day later.

Without the town nabbing at me, I started to have fun again. I started a new town just for fun and then realised I actually WASN'T having fun and sold it. I am part of another town now, KingsTown, and I am a co-mayor. My boredom is starting to end and I am having fun with Meep now- I am able to spend money to have fun now!

What I am trying to say is that Meep has brought me literally countless hours of fun. The idea behind it is brilliant, because nowhere else is there such a unique economy server. I don't play much PVP, but when I do, it's exciting and fun. Minigames, to me, aren't fun, so I play virtually none of those. But I think this is the entire reason any of us play Meepcraft- because it's fun. If it's not fun, don't play it, and there's no point in just getting money to have money because it is a virtual reality. Fuzzlr did a magnificent job with this and I will continue to play as long as it is an economy server.

I love Meepcraft!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.