1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Selling spawners in skyblock

Discussion in 'Denied' started by smk, Dec 2, 2017.

1. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Currently; there is a problem in skyblock.

For one thing, there is a group of players with iron golem spawners and tons of money, and people without that get very little money. The economy is priced based on the people with iron golem spawners; but these are far too rare for them to be easily applicable.

I am suggesting iron golem spawners be sold by a custom villager that only allows one “trade” per spawner.

For example; a max number of iron golem spawners per island could be set to 5 (plenty efficient) (this number can be changed to ten or something, just needs max spawner limit for each mob to be set). Now, the custom villager would have five different iron golem spawner trades. The first one would be 1 million skybucks. The second 2.5 million. The third 5 million. The fourth 10 million. The fifth 15million, and so onand so forth. Each trade can only be bought once, and I feel that the cheaper the first spawner is compared to the fourth or fifth, makes it equally as hard to get more spawners.

This custom villager could be used for every spawner type, and allows for players to get iron golem spawners; resulting in the gap between the few skyblock elites with spawners, and everyday casual players (or anyone who wasn’t here when they were being sold in shop).

This was a sudden thought; if anything is confusing, I apologize. I will clarify whatever needs clarified, and before someone asks how this should be prioritized; I believe this should be very close to high priority. The quicker a system for skyblock players to be able to get spawners is implemented, the more new players will try skyblock. (This could also result in a nice /ad that would also help popularize skyblock)
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 2, 2017 ---
    Oh and whether this should be accepted or not; this is an idea. My specific numbers don’t have to be followed. But I do believe this is one of the best solutions to closing the gap between the Uber rich, and those without soawners

SuperDyl, Pmx728, Ace and 1 other person like this.
  2. Noahnda

Noahnda Celebrity Meeper

Interesting idea. I’m just getting back into skyblock and need to probably reset my Island due to the rework of skyblock. I know for me what I currently have for money is pennies compared to how the economy operates now.

Pmx728 and EllieEllie like this.
  3. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I’ve had iron golem spawners at one point. They make loads of money. With multiple iron golem spawners you become rich easily, and since they are impossible to get without becoming incredibly lucky from a lucky crate, only those that already have iron golem spawners can become rich easily

4. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

The thing is, when selling iron golem spawners, no one is really interested in selling it for skybucks, but rather for Meebles. This isn’t actually bad because it actually stimulates Meep’s economy.
    Also, why report them only when you’ve happily sold yours?

5. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I don’t understand how your question correlates to the suggestion. If you want to question my motives, I was trying to think of a solution to these iron golem spawners since they were removed from the sbshop. It only so happened that the idea came to me yesterday
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 1, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 3, 2017 ---
    @NinjaRoxy

EllieEllie and riri30 like this.
  6. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

I completely agree with this. Iron golem spawners only creates a massive gap between players. I mean people pushed the "let's play fair" idea but did not consider the fact that Iron is a vital part of Skyblock experience (Trust me I had control over Skyblock when I had my Iron farms). Introducing it on shops back when Skyblock started again was a joke. Removing it from the shop and making it obtainable only through lucky crates knowing that these rich people who DID NOT actually work for their island and only bought their way up was a big slap to the face of players who are just starting and actually playing Skyblock the way it is meant to be played.

The first thing I did when I warped to Skyblock was look for the spawners. Disappointed I was when I did not find them.

7. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

I like this. It's a solution which doesn't hurt anyone. One thing to consider, it will be difficult to track those who already bought spawners, meaning they will have access to always having more spawners than those who didn't buy them before.

8. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

This is a much smaller amount of people than the solution affects, but this could be an advantage of getting iron golems before this system was implemented

9. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

Thank you for posting this thread; this suggestion has been accepted. Roxy will take the lead on setting appropriate prices.

SuperDyl and smk like this.