1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Second attempt at making ban appeals public

Discussion in 'Completed' started by Thee Boss, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

Ok so the last thread was rejected because of “current ban appeals are private so the whole lot of them needs to be private as well”, which did absolutely nothing to address the (seemingly) popular response that people did in fact want the ban appeals to be public. Oh well, meep staff in a nutshell

Anyways my thoughts are simple, if we’re focused on privacy then move appeals, applications, reports, whatever you needed to be “private” basically, to discord. You can set up a ticket system that makes it 100% anonymous between the defendant, accuser, or applicant and a staff member.

When all that’s done you can set a line of “ban appeals after this certain date are public to view”. Let’s be honest, one that actual few appeals meep might have is our history, being the oldest towny server and whatnot. The current player base as well is mostly powered through nostalgia and spending time with friends. A few of the arguments I see is that “it’s not right for a paying customer to have to embarrass themselves publicly” which honestly I don’t get. What purpose does restricting the poopblox ban appeal have towards ensuring privacy of the consumer? What does the Russian Pedobear -drop- party thread have to do with the ethics of dishing out punishment? These things happened not weeks or months, but like over half a decade ago. They’re funny to read from time to time and gives you a nice dose of nostalgia that makes you go “hey! That happened and I was there nice”

it’s been so long since the reports were made private so I’ve forgotten them for the most part but I’m sure there are tons of gems in there as well. The ban appeals were a big part of meep culture and to make them private is just a slap in the face honestly

I’m not even doing the joke polls anymore just let me read drama from 8 years ago

2. Jinkeloid

Jinkeloid Celebrity Meeper

+1 make ban reason public in-game as well!

Thee Boss and Toostenheimer like this.
  3. Zoe89

Zoe89 ℓιgнтωєιgнт ςяαzу

+1 for nostalgic purposes only

Toostenheimer likes this.
  4. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

if i remember from the 6ish yrs ago in my grandma riddled brain, they had made ban reasons not be public on the server to discourage spam in global chat (apparently, when ppl would be publicly punished by staff, chat would fill up immediately lmao). i cant remember exactly what were the reasons, but that was one of them... i think

tbh? make them public again. i made one of my own appeals years ago that i enjoy laughing at in my free time. same goes for player reports. make them public too. mostly for the nostalgic moments, +1

5. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator