1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Salty's (Real) Town Review #2: Melbourne/Delta

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Lilstokes, Feb 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

Salty's Town "Review" #2: Delta, or Melbourne, or Whatever It's Renamed to Tomorrow

Welcome back to another edition of “Salty’s Town Reviews”! Now, unlike the first “review”, this one will be 101% legitimate. And also poorly written.​
    This town has an interesting theme, which seems to be modern buildings in a whimsical setting. First off, props to all the people who made houses and managed to keep it in theme with the already existing ones while also having their own flavour. The houses look good on their own, and being part of a town that has similar looking ones makes the houses feel like they are where they belong. Unlike a lot of modern builds you’d see in this game, the housing is unique and doesn’t fall into the category of the modern style that could easily be titled “White Cubes of Varying Sizes”. I’m not a fan on that style of builds myself, but I’d take residence in one of the homes over, say, any place in most of the towns that currently exist (including my own).
    Aside from the buildings, the attempt to make the town look natural was definitely worth the effort. The terrain simulated isn’t like any existing biomes, but if you follow the river that has been terraformed back into the original river, you wouldn’t have a hard time believing that the whole thing could be in the actual game. There are some interesting bits strewn about, although none are extremely exciting or dazzling. I especially like the idiotic but also brilliant water pool that has magma under it, causing the water to continuously evaporate and be replaced by the surrounding sources.
    Now, calling this town “breathtaking” would be hyperbole, but it feels very unique and genuine compared to other towns and towns from before the reset. just walking through it feels like an adventure. It’s almost as if it was an NPC town from some fantasy RPG, with its colourful decorations and lush vegetation. I’m talking strictly about everything but the houses and things like that, because you sure wouldn’t find an airplane or any houses like this in a regular fantasy setting. And though fantasy and modern may seem to be counteractive, they (somehow) work together in this instance, and to great effect.
    As many good things I have to say about this cute lil town, there are a few issues I have with it, albeit small and mostly unimportant. A lot of the town is more cramped than a concentration camp, which annoys me to no end, but that could just be part of what they’re going for. It feels like I’m inside a box. A smaller thing, the town as a whole looks a bit messy, but again, the theme is to look natural, and nature doesn’t look very organised. Just about all of my complaints about the town are pedantic and nit picky, but that’s just because the town is very nice.

Superficial Final Rating: B+
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 11, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 11, 2017 ---
    Holy Christ, the forums absolutely DESTROYED my formatting.

2. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

seems legit

3. Nager2015

Nager2015 Popular Meeper

B+? What would you call an A? /warp spawn?

Pmx728 and Lilstokes like this.
  4. Lilstokes

A is a town that's, like, mind blowing. Dude. Bro.

Nager2015 likes this.
  5. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

Melbourne/Delta looks amazing

Nager2015 likes this.
  6. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Interesting review, I feel like as the town grows is will grow to a better rating. I really hope we don't keep the name delta tho

cooey, Cherrykit, metr0n0me and 3 others like this.
  7. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

How quickly do you change your mind?

Hmmmm

Lilstokes likes this.
  8. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

.-.

Natsu likes this.
  9. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

He's talking about achmeds town.

That post was for the butt guy's town

Lilstokes likes this.
  10. Lilstokes

Achmed changed the town name from Melbourne to Delta, and the old Delta is now named Pencildragon.

Also, look at the tags.

Natsu and Achmed like this.
  11. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

Jesus its not Pencildragon

12. Achmed

Achmed Popular Meeper

Actually I didn't change it <3

Natsu and Pmx728 like this.
  13. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

Salty has many facts incorrect.