1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Removing "Eggplant" filter

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Austincf71, Jul 12, 2016.

1. dragon8877

dragon8877 Celebrity Meeper

It's okay man, we're all here to make sure you feel better about yourself. No need to feel like you need to respond to a forum post to get attention. Allow me to say that we all love you, and wish that you won't view that I'm attacking you ;_;
    P.S. Get better man, I hope I can see you running in the sunshine along the happy folk of meepcraft in the future

2. Jalapenos

Jalapenos Celebrity Meeper

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  3. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Oh the irony;
    Besides that, I am at a +1 for this. Allow me to explain:

1. I live in Tutorial; everyone knows this. Every time someone triggers this filter, they try a few times more to figure out what in the world is going on. It really is confusing for new players, to be honest. They usually shrug it off, but it is so awkward when you say the word "eggplant" for no reason for the first time.

2. For those that still appreciate the filter, you can simply type the word out. If it is removed as an automatic filter, it will become a kind of legendary joke. Therefore, making it less of a joke, and more of a memory.

3. It can get irritating for current players, who just don't care for their words being changed.

4. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

I'm not gonna say anything, because half the time I'm wrong.

5. dragon8877

dragon8877 Celebrity Meeper

God damn Jalapeno, I'm poking fun at you sheesh. I was hoping you would catch on after "P.S. Get better man, I hope I can see you running in the sunshine along the happy folk of meepcraft in the future." I'll make it more obvious next time.

6. ToonMichaela

ToonMichaela Celebrity Meeper

when this suggestion gets accepted its still gonna be 10 years before its done. im still a +24 on this.

7. X11

X11 Well-Known Meeper

I know people feel that this filter wouldn't stop people from spamming lag, and that is fine to think that because it makes sense.

But, for some reason, this filter works and has actually reduced a ton of spam.

Photoave12 likes this.
  8. Photoave12

Photoave12 Popular Meeper

how so?

i agree, we should keep it. However, we need to think about new players.
    If this is one of the things that is truly making them quit the server when they join, then we need to maybe delay its effect.

maybe we could set it up so if the player has said "lag" X or more times in chat (total, since first logging on), then it starts converting to eggplant in order to discourage the spam while (hopefully) being less confusing.

it may also be helpful to add a message that tells the player what has happened and allows them to opt out of the filter, with some kind of cost (i.e a greater fine for spamming in /g, or a lower spam kick threshold).

9. Enron

Enron Celebrity Meeper

This would be really annoying to players that stay for a long time, though. Saying lag 25 times over the course of a year isn't spam, but the eggplant filter would still kick in and do its annoying thing.
    The filter should be set up similar to the /g spam filter, if the players say lag 3 times in 5 minutes, it would start changing to "eggplant".

Off-topic chat filter idea: Instead of banning people for minor chat offenses (spam, caps avoiding, ect.) staff should have the ability to put a filter that changes everything that player says to "eggplant" for some length of time. Seeing a bunch of angry noobs saying "Eggplant Eggplant Eggplant Eggplant Eggplant" would be kind of entertaining.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  10. Photoave12

like change /mute so that it filters everything to eggplant

maybe make it so it keeps the word length... "egg eggplant eggplantegg eg e eggpla"

11. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

Ok here is a more in depth response from me as this thread clearly has taken on quite a bit more than it's really worth.
    Against keeping it
    - forced joke on newcomers
    - what even is the joke it's not funny it's 7 year old humor
    - eggplant can be a sexual reference in terms of the emoji
    - people just evade the filter
    - my words are my words I do not appreciate them being changed
    - should have been removed months ago
    For it
    - a community inside joke (cept it's not funny)
    - makes people want to be staff to not have the eggplant filter

All in all it's really time for this to be taken out.

12. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

far more difficult than it needs to be. Thats just rediculous
    How about, if you want to say eggplant, you type the word eggplant and if you want to say the word lag, you type lag.

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  13. Photoave12

maybe only have it enabled on april fools day and if people opt in? i think it should stay as it does make the server unique, but without annoying players too much...

14. 2leah2

2leah2 Celebrity Meeper

+2 i dont care though

15. PseudoGod

PseudoGod Celebrity Meeper

The server has tried to be unique for a while now and it's simply driving away a ton of new players for a very long time now. Remove the filter, as more seasoned players such as I are also annoyed by this filter

16. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

-1 it makes meep special.

17. SJP

SJP spicy jalapeno pepper Elder

I'd like to think that a filter that changes the word "lag" to "eggplant" isn't a special feature of Meep.

It was just a funny little thing to have

cooey, Toostenheimer, SX1 and 2 others like this.
  18. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

what the fuck

A single word doesnt make meepcraft lose players. Theres like twenty other factors we have yet to find out that makes meepcraft lose players

to be honest i dont really care either way

+1 and -1 lmfao

Toostenheimer likes this.
  19. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

+/-

Pros:
    ~ It can get really annoying when people spam chat with "lag" so the filter kinda eases it up
    ~ Cute little joke I've seen some new players like

Cons:
    ~ It's stupid
    ~ you can't choose to use it or not
    ~ annoying

Overall it's just one word and we all know eggplant = lag , so I really don't care what happens

a321361 and Lady_Hestia like this.
  20. a321361

a321361 Well-Known Meeper

-1 I honestly think it is funny and yes it does make meep unique. We cant take away all the good parts of the server...

Pmx728 likes this.