1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Remove trade chat

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Dockson, Jan 7, 2016.

1. NuckleMuckle

NuckleMuckle Popular Meeper

100% concur with Summrs that there were tons of complaints in global about ad spam, which was what drove the creation of /tr in the first place.

Deljikho likes this.
  2. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

I can confirm that one of the most prevalent, if not the single most common complaint (second only to no /gtoggle) that we got about chat was the amount of advertisements in global chat. Trade chat is there to prevent this and to allow for global to be used for what it was meant for; actually talking to people. It's not a big deal to change to /tr to advertise your stuff.

Muunkee and Summers like this.
  3. BlueXGhost :D

BlueXGhost :D Celebrity Meeper

You know you can always do /ttoggle :D

4. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Okay, since this seems like a dead end to me with some people liking the trade chat while some don't I propose something different.

I haven't considered the option to toggle the trade chat and effectively filter advertisement. I wouldn't really be happy as a seller with the server filtering out my clientele. On many other servers/media sites you are given this option after donating to compensate for the loss. While meepcraft can't compensate the sellers, I still think it would be a good idea to make /ttoggle a VIP perk leaving /gtoggle for everyone.

Now I hope /ttoggle is not a perk yet, haha. Alright, please consider my new suggestion otherwise feel free to close this thread.

5. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Trade chat is for players that want to buy and sell items and services. Trade chat is togglable with /ttoggle.
    Denied.