1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Remove /t join

1. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

I know that it really does seem like an irrational answer to a problem, but lately there's been a controversy with towns that have unreasonably high taxes and are advertised to new players. After discussing this issue with three mayors and one co-mayor, they agreed that removing /t join would be for the better.

If you think about it, if new players had to be invited to a town, it would increase the need for assistants in towns. That means for somebody to join, an assistant, co-mayor, or mayor would need to be online. The assistant/mayor who invited the player would most likely give the player a plot and answer the questions the player has because the assistant/mayor is aware of the new resident.

Please critique as you wish as this is a matter that concerns me and I would like to see a resolution.

2. Old_Pink

Old_Pink Celebrity Meeper

Yeah, we are trying to bandage up the 30-06 round you shot into every new player but we can only work so fast.

3. DianaB72

DianaB72 Celebrity Meeper Elder

I would gladly give up my "open" town to thwart the unnecessary preying upon of new players. Lets help these players, not abuse them or the system.

Jackl01, hippapajo, SirCallow and 6 others like this.
  4. DianaB72

DianaB72 Celebrity Meeper Elder

Maybe only those towns with no Res tax or plot tax can have the opportunity to be an open town.

5. Dwizzle4269

Dwizzle4269 Popular Meeper

+1 This is a really good idea.
    A mayor should be present to assign a plot and help with questions.
    Typing /t join doesn't help a new player at all. They usually have no idea how claim plots or do anything.
    Requiring someone to be present when adding players makes a whole lot of sense.
    Don't bother. We already know that it will be a long, rude, sarcastic rant that favors whatever fills your pockets, and attempts to justify ruining the playing experience for the new players. *yawn*

6. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

As irrational as this seems to be, I think every idea to solve this issue thus far is irrational. I particularly really like this idea, because even without an open town, you can still recruit hundreds and hundreds of players. I did with Lakewood, and having to invite inherently made a system where most new residents immediately got plots, and began learning about MeepCraft, towny.