1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Reintroduce checkpoint meeble rewards in parkour

Discussion in 'Denied' started by diamondkid123456, Mar 4, 2018.

1. diamondkid123456

diamondkid123456 Popular Meeper

Hey all,

Do any of you remember 2014/13 parkour? Back in those days, each checkpoint in a parkour map would reward you with meebles, increasing in reward per checkpoint. Currently, parkour is a novelty but back in the day, lots of people went on it to gain funds required for building, mining and rank upgrading. Now parkour has just been overshadowed by voting.

In the past, each checkpoint would increase in 1.5k segments or such in city until the final stage offered 10k. This was when our economy was, *kinda* balanced. 10k meant a lot back then, parkour worked. Now, the reward is only 5k in an unbalanced economy.

What I Propose: Checkpoint rewards for parkour
    Why?: Parkour rewards now are easily overshadowed by voting, thus less people are doing it. 5k for a long challenge like city creates disinterest as many can earn 2x+ that by voting in a day.

Perhaps toning town(not removing) vote crate rewards could compensate for this?

My suggestion isn't too thorough so if you would like to add to it, just do so below :D

real quick mini-suggestion: Player vs player parkour. Players can bet an amount of money into a pool. the first player to complete the course/go the furthest in a period of time gets the $$$

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    creepersareokay likes this.
  2. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

There is a command in the current plugin where you can race players, it's /pa challenge. We just need to work on getting that up and running so that wouldn't be hard to implement.

As for the other part of the suggestion, I agree parkour prizes need a buff but this is something we'd have to get klutch's approval on since he's the eco guy

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  3. diamondkid123456

diamondkid123456 Popular Meeper

I totally agree. Would you be happy with buffing parkour at the expense of nerfing votes a little bit? If that had to occur for it to work.... Personally I want votes to remain the same but its the eco so its probably either votes or parkour buffs

boombox123 and alex77034 like this.
  4. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

This isn't such a good idea in my opinion. You really only deserve the reward if you win. It's what makes you keep playing the parkour even when it gets tough. Especially in Chillroom, I doubt many would actually finish if they knew they'd still get money. Also, for parkour some of the prizes do need a buff (probably city, countryside, stronghold, and chillroom) but it isn't critical. If I got 20k per week from chillroom that'd be pretty unfair to players with worse parkouring abilities

(plus mechanical advantage is a thing here; 144hz monitors, mechanical keyboards, and precision mice help you so much in this area)

SpongeyStar and EllieEllie like this.
  5. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

yeah, I agree with this. For actual buffs I'm talking things like changing the fact cactus parkour is more rewarding than balloon, which does not make sense.

creepersareokay and Courtneyyy like this.
  6. creepersareokay

creepersareokay Celebrity Meeper

+2 for checkpoint prizes, only on a few maps though. I'd say Flower, City, and Chillroom seeing as they're the only ones that are really split into segments, even though most almost every other map has a checkpoint now. I don't think those maps need a buff in prize amount, so I'd just distribute the prize to the checkpoints, while keeping the end as the biggest reward. In fact, I'll be more specific:

Flower: CP1 - 100, CP2 - 150, CP3 - 300, CP4 - 450, Cp5 - 500 CP6 - 1000, End - 2500

City: CP1 - 100, CP2 - 150, CP3 - 200, CP4 - 250, CP5 - 350, CP6 - 450, CP7 - 500, CP8 - 600, End - 2400

Chillroom (oh boy): CP1 - 100, CP2 - 150, CP3 - 500, CP4 - 200, CP5 - 250, CP6 - 300, CP7 - 350, CP8 - 400, CP9 - 450, CP10 - 600, CP11 - 650, CP12 - 700, CP13 - 800, CP14 - 850, CP15 - 1000, CP16 - 1200, End - 1500

Apologies for formatting, that's probably a pain to look at, but I couldn't think of a better way to write it. Anyway, I tried to keep the prize amount consistently going up while having a minimum 100 meeble prize for the first checkpoint. This resulted in Chillroom having a much lower end prize than City and Flower, which is justified, in my opinion, by the fact that someone who beats CP12 and 14 in Chillroom is definitely going to beat CP16, while the other two maps are fully progressive in their difficulty, with the last CP being the hardest. One thing to note is CP3's prize in Chillroom, which is significantly higher than the prizes around it. Of course, this is because of the ridiculous difficulty of CP2.

riri30 and alex77034 like this.
  7. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin