1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Reggles44 Mod Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by reggles44, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reggles44

reggles44 NANA NaNa nana NaNa NANA NaNa nana NaNa, REGGLES! Elder

In Game Name: Reggles44
    Skype Username: Reggles44
    Teamspeak Username: Reggles44
    Mic use: Yes
    Timezone: UTC/GMT
    Hours online per weekday: 6 to 7 hours
    Hours online per weekend: 7 to 8 hours
    Position Changes: Helper to Mod

Introduction:

Hello, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to start by thanking you for reading my mod application. I first started playing meepcraft back in the original meepcraft server in the fall or winter of 2012. I started out as a citizen in a town called Northwater, and each day I spent time building and expanding that town to make a place for friends to live, social, and enjoy. Now looking back on that I haven’t changed what I do for others. I still love helping a community by spending my time building, developing, fixing, and in the end growing this community.

By now you may be asking who is this person and why am I reading this, well the answer is simple. My name is Reginald, I’m studying Entrepreneurship and Finical Analysis at Clarkson University. I just finish my first year of college and in the time between then and now I have dedicated a great portion of my time to this server and its community. I can only hope to expand my role in the community by applying for mod which would allow me to further utilize my skills. This will hopefully allow me then help any individual more than I previously could.

Why you should be Helper/Mod ?

In my pervious time as a staff member I learned many things, such as hawkeye, proper methods or investigation and collecting proof, dealing with player reports, proper punishments, resolving arguments, how to take constructive criticism, and much more. However I’m a lucky person that I didn’t get to be part of the staff once but twice. In this second round I found that my skill are already acknowledged and fellow staff members start giving me new advice. Much of this teaching was for interpersonal skills and new staff policies which as I have said in my helper application is one of the most important skills.

To begin, as a staff member the skills that I spent last summer learning have not been forgotten. While I started out staff using a different plugin to monitor and log adapting to hawkeye the first time was troublesome. Not only did I have to teach other but I had to teach myself the commands and syntax for different functions. At the end of that period as a staff member I was proficient enough to use almost all functions. I’m lucky that in this short time as helper I was able to expand my knowledge of hawkeye to almost complete the knowledge and practice of logging and moderating through this amazing tool.

In addition, to my knowledge of the in game moderating tools, I have also have pervious and new experiences with forum moderating and interaction. As of now, it has been an absolute pleasure to see how much the community has come to develop the forums to a place where players can discuss, advertise, suggest, and provide feedback. As being a part of the community I would like to further provide my knowledge to help individuals understand the potential of the server. At the same time I would be dedicating my time to the well being of there server by managing player reports and ban appeal to the best of my ability.

Finally, I would like to expand on the new skills and ideas I have learned from this short time as helper. Not only have I been introduced to new policies and strategies for catching illegal acts but I have also had a nice wake up call from Devilspawn112 on my attitude. As a player and a former staff member I was “cocky” and it was an off putting trait. In these weeks I have actively tried to work on this and at this point in time I believe this is no longer the majority of what I come off to be. That being said because of these developments in this helper period I believe that at this moment I could be a valuable moderator for the staff team.

Weaknesses:

As I have said before one of the main issues that was brought to my attention was my cockiness. This impeded my ability to get along with other staff members and members of the community. Which in turn I believe to have isolated myself from the other staff members and maybe given a bad reputation to the staff who decided to accept me. I would hope that over these two weeks I have begun to change that opinion and also connect with the staff so that we can operate as a team and not as individuals.

Another key weakness would have to be the limitation of time I spend doing modreqs. At this moment I have taken on a new job working as a tutor / consultant for clients that need help with understanding and using their technology. In addition I will be starting an online course for web design and programming along with meeting clients and expanding my clientele. With all this I still do believe that I will have time for working towards the betterment of the server and its community and I would like the opportunity to make the most of that time by becoming a moderator.

Finally, I have trouble some days getting on teamspeak primarily because of my preference. There are many days where I like to just sit and listen to music and those times are mainly the times when I should be on teamspeak talking to people. I hope for the future that I can work out a system where I can listen to music and also be on teamspeak talking to people so that I don’t have to sacrifice either.

Conclusion:

I would like to thank everyone who has read this and I hope to see constructive comments about what I can do better and what additional things you would like to see me work on.

Jiltism, Skaros123 and funkyrainbows like this.
  2. iiwars

iiwars Celebrity Meeper

-1 You just came back and got helper. You need more time to get known by the community again.

Mylucky7 and Telinus like this.
  3. Taha

Taha Well-Known Meeper

+1
    You've turned your act around completely and have become a very respectable and nice person. Keep up the great work!

4. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

you seem impatient

like, you seem to be going for positions the moment you can

makes you look bad

but, we all know that you have the capabilities of this and more due to your past experience and abundance of common sense

+1

nhjed, Skaros123 and FluffbearRCT like this.
  5. Cascade1324

Cascade1324 Celebrity Meeper

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

6. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

Your past is kinda a problem for me. Banned for xray? That's something a staff member should never do, let alone a supermod. I don't trust you because of that incident.

However, you have been helpful to me in the past, and your activity is excellent (although I don't see how 6-7 hours every weekday is possible).

I'm neutral. I think another month or so to get more involved with the community and gain everyone's trust would be good. So right now it's a 0.

7. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

+/-
    •WAYYYYY too early
    •I see you of your job a lot and very efficiently
    •Forums activity is amazing
    •I don't see you ingame or on ts a lot, but I'm pretty sure that's just timezones
    •Great app
    •I see you help a lot
    The only thing keeping me away from a +1 is that it's too early, for me at least. Good luck!

8. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

+1. Reggles, it's clear you can manage this position. I've seen your work first hand and even now I can see your ambition to moving on in the Meep staff. I really do think you're ready for Mod.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  9. funkyrainbows

funkyrainbows Double Rainbow

+ Great app
    + Active
    + Helpful
    +/- short time as helper since you came back
    + Has experience as a staff member previously

Overall +1

10. mrli1

mrli1 Popular Meeper

+1 experienced

11. ManUtdFTW11

ManUtdFTW11 Celebrity Meeper

You JUST got helper, I realise you are s mod b4. I would like to see you as a helper a bit longer.

12. Nman830

Nman830 Celebrity Meeper

+1 reggles, everyone you just came back but you have made the most of it.

13. Klitch

Klitch

-1. You may have the capabilities, but this is way to early. You just became helper and just returned before that. Wait it out.

Bob4444444 and iiwars like this.
  14. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

Accepted for interview!

Nman830, Bob4444444 and reggles44 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.