1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Rank/Chat Color Adjustments

Discussion in 'Denied' started by StopResetting, May 26, 2015.

1. StopResetting

StopResetting Popular Meeper

The thing is the way that Supreme is set up it has a dark purple rank color and a light purple chat color. Its the only rank that does something like that and considering that Ultimate is a step-up from it it would only make sense to have Ultimate work that way as well rather than have the same rank and chat color. Those two ranks are the top two ranks in the server, you see what I mean? Also, if your concern is that the cyan rank would now match with the Town titles that show up in the towny world now then that shouldn't be an issue considering you could say the same of the Elite rank. The Elite rank matches with the specification of which world the person is in when shouting. I honestly do not think that it would be simpler to just leave Ultimate where it is. There are many people who agree there needs to be a change, and that they do not like the Ultimate orange.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Yeah, it'll suck to get used to ults having a different color, and yes it will take some getting used to for players that have been here and paying attention to chat.
    But it's what the majority of the community wants. There's no reason NOT to change it. MOST ultimate that I've talked to don't really care for the orange. I really hate the orange. If ult didn't have /fly, I would have stayed supreme for the purple chat.
    That's the thought process. I've seen several people deliberately say, '' No I will not donate for ult, I like my purple chat, I don't like the orange.''
    If we can change that, we can quite possibly bring in more donations, and players will be much happier.

3. Paaaauuuullll

Paaaauuuullll Popular Meeper

I really appreciate that you and the other staff members are listening to the player-base. Thanks for addressing the main issues of this thread, but I must admit that I am a little disappointed that nothing is being done about the Ultimate color. Yes, I am an Ultimate, and my opinion is biased. I just really, really don't like the color orange, and clearly I'm not alone. I was hesitant to rank up from Supreme. I was torn between wanting purple text over orange text and wanting to fly. In the end I bought Ultimate on a whim for my birthday and didn't feel like a charge-back. Something else I felt like mentioning was the number of Elites that have said things like "Give elite cyan chat!" Clearly cyan chat is desirable, so why not give it to a rank that can be purchased? As Monkey said, I'm sure more people would rank up if Ultimate didn't come with a chat downgrade.

In conclusion, my opinion is biased, but I really do think that giving Ultimate prettier chat would make more people rank up. Also, elite should not get colored text, because that defeats the purpose of this entire thread. If elites got colored chat, even fewer of them would rank up. Thank you to whoever read my entire rant, and thank you to the staff team for listening to the community.

4. Dat_Coffee

Dat_Coffee Popular Meeper

Elite don't need colored chat, they have enough perks already. I do think that architects should get colored chat though, cause they are staff and all the other staff has colored chat.

buildmaster1000x likes this.
  5. buildmaster1000x

buildmaster1000x Popular Meeper

Archs don't need to be recognized in the chat realm as other staff do. Arches get their fame from the wonderful maps the so tediously build.

LionWaffles and metr0n0me like this.
  6. LionWaffles

LionWaffles Well-Known Meeper

+1.. Maybe add colors for the lower ranks too?

7. CreeperCristi

CreeperCristi Popular Meeper

(I think this includes lower ranks from Elite... V)

8. buildmaster1000x

Lol no. Colored chat is only for Supreme+ and that's not going to change.

9. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Probably been suggested before, sorry about it but
    Ultimates should get the choice between orange or purple. I would donate {or save up for} ultimate if I were given the choice because I love the purple yet I'd like to have /fly.

10. Chaase5

Chaase5 Popular Meeper

-1, Fuzzlr will never allow this. End of discussion.

Lady_Hestia and SpongeyStar like this.
  11. reggles44

reggles44 NANA NaNa nana NaNa NANA NaNa nana NaNa, REGGLES! Elder

Isn't architect white?

What benefit does this bring to the server?

Wouldn't that just confuse new players as to what the donor perks actually are?

I wouldn't say that he would never allow it just that it has been discussed a lot and every time we have come to the conclusion that the chat is fine the way it is. I'm here to see if that has changed and if we need a revision, which at this point I do not see a need to revise anything.

12. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

I honestly know people who hate orange enough to not donate. Orange is a weird color don't you think?

13. Liz

Liz Celebrity Meeper

Yes! Elites should totally have Chat Colors!

14. TheLunarEclipse

TheLunarEclipse New Meeper

I really like this idea in the future I would totally get Ultimate after Elite. But I do agree that Elites should have Chat Colors.

15. KariStar86

KariStar86 Heroine of Time

I'd suggest that people read this whole thread for some well-thought-out ideas and examples that have been posted, to see whether any of those alternatives are appealing. If you just read the first post and the last few, you're missing a lot of good discussion. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 18, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 18, 2015 ---
    I don't see why it would confuse people. I think it would be pretty easy to figure out that Ultimates just have an added color choice, especially if information on signs, announcements, and the website were kept up-to-date (which has been a problem in the past).

Now, whether it's easy to actually implement is a different story. Might not be worth the effort it would take to let Ultimates switch colors.

StopResetting likes this.
  16. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

[​IMG]
    I made this.
    (ignore the blue line at the top)
    Changes...
    The G for global is now a dark blue.
    the color for names is a dark green for citizens, light green for staff (just names)
    ALL colons separating the name from the chat have been turned to white
    Exclusive and elite tag colors have changed.
    Supreme stays the same as before, with a darker tag and lighter chat color
    Ultimate is basically current super, much much more appealing.
    All staff members have a red rank tag, which further separates from chat and helps them stand out better to citizens.
    Helpers have green, mods have yellow, supers have orange, admins, onis, and owner have red colored chat. These are warmer colors and can be looked better to, because of the theme, and also stands out more vs. a citizen color.
    Edit: added in server adverts. Pink name like supreme, but gray text.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  17. WarriorHeart

WarriorHeart Celebrity Meeper

+1, The Yellow is annoying, gray would be easier to read (and ignore if wanted to)

(I am one of those)

+1, it looks super pretty, its calming somewhat.

+1

-1, Only Supreme+ should have chat. Paying $80 for a rank + chat colors is a total no.

18. Dat_Coffee

Dat_Coffee Popular Meeper

[​IMG]

CreeperCristi likes this.
  19. buildmaster1000x

Elites do not need a chat color. Elite perks are fine as they are. They need to have a change in ultimate chat color is necessary because the general disgust with the orange color is a majority in the community and is also a detterant for possible donators as expressed by many supremes

Paaaauuuullll and CreeperCristi like this.
  20. Liz

Liz Celebrity Meeper

Ya... ok D: I think you guys have a point

21. SillySilver

SillySilver Celebrity Meeper

I actually would like to see either of these. I really like the idea of Staff to have warm colors, and Ult to get sky blue, some people don't even like orange(I am one). But hey, its sky blue, and Ult has /fly, and you can fly into the sky...

And Elite's DON'T need chat color. There are like hundreds of Elites, if they all would talk the chat would drown in that chat color. Besides, its only 80$, its interesting how Ranks which are +100$ has colored chat(Except Staff ranks, they are free but still very important, and you can't become Staff member just like that), so it would make no sense for Elite to get colored chat. They already have OP amount of perks...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015