1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Rank/Chat Color Adjustments

1. StopResetting

StopResetting Popular Meeper

Suggestion: Improvements for the rank/chat colors of Staff and Ultimate members.
    I'll try and keep this short and simple:
    • Revert Mod chat color to match with Helper color as it used to.
      • Mod rank will stay as green but the chat text will change back to yellow. Edit: Or the mod rank and the brackets around the rank can be yellow as well so that it is different from helper.
      • Mod chat text is currently dark aqua which is difficult to see in shout in contrast to the other colors.
      • This removes an unneeded color out of the Meepcraft rainbow.
    • Switch the SuperMod chat and rank colors with those of Ultimate.
      • SuperMod ends up with orange rank color and orange chat color. It is a warmer color than yellow, and leads up to the red admin color. Makes sense right?
        • It is still an easy to see color so no worries over our community not seeing our SuperMods.
        • Edit: The brackets around the rank could be orange as well.
      • Ultimate members end up with a dark aqua rank color and aqua chat color.
        • This is an enticing set of colors which will add incentive for players to donate to Ultimate.
        • There are too many players not willing to donate after getting up to Supreme because they'll end up with a dull color after having such an attractive one while Supreme.
        • Also makes sense as Supreme has dark purple rank color and light purple chat color. Dark to light.
    • Edit: Make adjustments to the server broadcasts.
      • Change the server broadcast color from yellow to gray. The yellow blends in with the helper chat. Gray is still a visible color thus being a good replacement for yellow.
      • Server broadcasts comes on too frequently, increase time between broadcasts.
      • Remove ctf win messages from broadcasts. Only adds spam to shout.
      • Remove parkour claim prizes from broadcasts. Only adds spam to shout.
      • Remove spleef win messages from broadcasts. Only adds spam to shout.
      • Remove official meeper broadcasts and set it so only the person whom completed the tutorial sees that message. Only adds spam to shout.
    Edit: Here are visuals for anyone who is having trouble en-vising the suggestion (credit to Supershot12 for providing the images).
    [​IMG]
    Why would your suggestion benefit Meepcraft?: It would provide more incentive to donate to Ultimate and make our current Ultimate members happier with their rank. This would also allow Mods' chat to be seen easier and provide a clear identity of those who are staff members. Staff will end up with warm colors representing their caring passion for the server.
    Who would this benefit?: The whole community as it will provide clearer identification on staff members and incentive for players to donate to Ultimate as well as satisfy those currently Ultimate. Donations = Running Server.
    About how long will this take to be implemented, if it is accepted?: A few minutes at most.
    Would this cause more lag?: Not at all.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Yes, that is why. It's because we're awesome and we don't need rules, and we all get to spawn in 3 double chests of gold blocks. We don't even need to follow rules, want to see our rules?

https://goo.gl/BYCc2v

3. Supershot1200

Supershot1200 Popular Meeper

It took a while, but I recreated what the chatlog formats would look like for each rank since the forums colored chat unfortunately just doesn't properly match what it looks like in the game. The following is what each standard player rank would look like:
    [​IMG]

In an extremely odd regular day, this is what the chatlog might look like if I was on a political rampage:
    [​IMG]

Based off of the suggested chat, my personal suggestions are:
    • Change the "official meeper" messages to gray - they clutter the chatlog with yellow and make it harder to read the yellow staff member chat.
    • Highlight the ClearLag warnings of some sort. Changing the "Warning" label or the number of seconds left to red/dark_red would help players to see this message and avoid dropping items, even if the red color was only on the 20 seconds warning.
    • Change the standard Meep-Shouts to gray. This will further reduce the clutter of yellow in the chatlog which will make staff member messages much more noticeable; this will be especially necessary if Mod chat will be changed to yellow.
    • Use the first color method. In my opinion, a yellow rank tag combined with a yellow chatlog text color simply doesn't look well combined.

If said suggestions were to be applied, the chatlog would look like this:
    [​IMG]

[EDIT 1] Edited as to make the multi-line player text indented as it normally is on Meepcraft (when it works) :p

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  4. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

*Facepalm* Everyone who says elite needs cyan chat doesn't realize how many elites there are.

Don't you guys have enough for your rank?

5. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

-1, I like my Supermod color as is, and I like the Ultimate color as is. I enjoy Orange.

Foretvert, Roughly70, cooey and 5 others like this.
  6. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

*Face desk repeatedly*

If you want chat to be just all Aqua, with small amounts of purple and orange.
    Elites are one of the most common ranks talking in shout. You guys already have /fix, /nv, more /dis's, /hat, and can mine spawners.

You guys don't need anything else!

7. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

*cough* why is everyone getting sick? *cough*

Lady_Hestia, Bluapol, cooey and 4 others like this.
  8. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Yup, your right. You've found out our secret plan. We've been planning this for 14 months and you foiled our plan. It is true, we are the illuminati, and for every 5 meebles you make, we take .05 and invest it in further world domination.

Cuff me *holds out wrists*

9. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

*cough* cat woman *cough*

10. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Yeah, it'll suck to get used to ults having a different color, and yes it will take some getting used to for players that have been here and paying attention to chat.
    But it's what the majority of the community wants. There's no reason NOT to change it. MOST ultimate that I've talked to don't really care for the orange. I really hate the orange. If ult didn't have /fly, I would have stayed supreme for the purple chat.
    That's the thought process. I've seen several people deliberately say, '' No I will not donate for ult, I like my purple chat, I don't like the orange.''
    If we can change that, we can quite possibly bring in more donations, and players will be much happier.

11. lightspeedtitan

lightspeedtitan Popular Meeper

Ahh the thing is Super forgot to put the indentations in so you could see it reflect it properly.

Imo the gray chat for the announcements looks better than i thought

12. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

+1 Supershot I really like the examples.

You really need to calm down bud. Your post is very irrelevant to this thread tbh I have no idea why you posted here.

13. Redolwolf

Redolwolf Popular Meeper

Big +1
    I like the Supreme chat text I have now and to donate for Ultimate, I'd feel like I'm paying to down-grade my rank. Orange is ugly in my opinion.

14. StopResetting

StopResetting Popular Meeper

There's nothing off about it as admin is set up that way. Red rank, red chat. Also, there is only one shade of orange in Minecraft so nothing could be done about that anyway.

If you enjoy orange why should you be against ending up with it as a SuperMod? I know you're well aware of how many players are against the color and the benefit this adjustment would make. So please specify, because right now you've no reason to say no.

For what reason should the colors stay while knowing the benefit these would have? Currently you're shooting down the idea with no reason. Please provide one. Also you're proving my point with your last statement - you'd prefer purple as most other people would. This is the issue, we need to add more incentive to donate to Ultimate. Look at the full picture.

15. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Definitely agree. Orangle is annoying

16. Klitch

Klitch

This guy is a genius and should replace everyone.

17. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

I honestly know people who hate orange enough to not donate. Orange is a weird color don't you think?

18. Paaaauuuullll

Paaaauuuullll Popular Meeper

I really appreciate that you and the other staff members are listening to the player-base. Thanks for addressing the main issues of this thread, but I must admit that I am a little disappointed that nothing is being done about the Ultimate color. Yes, I am an Ultimate, and my opinion is biased. I just really, really don't like the color orange, and clearly I'm not alone. I was hesitant to rank up from Supreme. I was torn between wanting purple text over orange text and wanting to fly. In the end I bought Ultimate on a whim for my birthday and didn't feel like a charge-back. Something else I felt like mentioning was the number of Elites that have said things like "Give elite cyan chat!" Clearly cyan chat is desirable, so why not give it to a rank that can be purchased? As Monkey said, I'm sure more people would rank up if Ultimate didn't come with a chat downgrade.

In conclusion, my opinion is biased, but I really do think that giving Ultimate prettier chat would make more people rank up. Also, elite should not get colored text, because that defeats the purpose of this entire thread. If elites got colored chat, even fewer of them would rank up. Thank you to whoever read my entire rant, and thank you to the staff team for listening to the community.

19. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

This is actually a pretty good example, good job here...

+1 to this chat.

I was really excited about ult, except for the orange color. And once I got ult, I hated it even more. I know that many people refused to donate to ult because the orange color wasn't that great. And really, this is a problem easily avoided. Supreme's purple is a really awesome color and lots of people really enjoy the purple.
    Everyone likes the purple. Nowhere near as many like orange.
    We need a change. While it may take time to get used to it, it's for the better.

20. xXAdotXx

xXAdotXx Bibliophile Extraordinaire

I like it. Even though I'm not a rank, I like how the Ultimate chat colour is vibrant. I mean, they paid a lot of money for the rank and its only fair to give them a vibrant colour.