1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Quality of life changes.

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Ankou_Aquilis, May 18, 2015.

1. Ankou_Aquilis

Ankou_Aquilis Well-Known Meeper

Sooo... After being inactive for a long period of time, and coming back just recently, I noticed a few things. Starting off as a new player is VERY confusing. Not everyone knows to use ./help, and I've noticed many people skip the tutorial section. The side effect of having a big spawn is that it can get confusing after running around in circles a few times.

It would be nice if the reward for doing the quiz was amped up more, but have a few more questions regarding even more simple things such as how do you get to the TownsB world.

It VERY hard to see ./msg when all the veterans are attacking the global chat. (Yea... I'm guilty of this sometimes too...) It would be nice if they stood out more by using a color such as yellow, or orange, instead of blue. Clarity seems to be a big issue not just for /msg. 50% of the time, new players don't notice my instructions when they join a town to do simple things such as ./t spawn because the global chat is just more noticeable than the town chat.

Also, there is some wrong info in some mini-games such as CTF. It says that a team wins at 250 points on some signs, but through observation it seems to be set at 350 points. Also, /leave doesn't seem to work. Not sure if this is intentional but disconnecting directly doesn't result any punishments as far as I can see. so I don't see a reason for it to not be enabled.

Also on the CTF mini-game, Elites get 2x rewards, but this doesn't seem to apply for other game modes. I don't remember this benefit being listed anywhere but I could be just a nub, and missed it. If it's not, then LIST DEM. Edit: Umm... Woops Big Derp. Realized that the multipliers are listed in the thread Fuzzlr made about adding HG back. It would still be nice if they were listed somewhere else too.

With the spawn, and directions thing, it would be cool if it was possible to some how manipulate the holograms to show directions, client side, so it could be toggled off by veteran players.

P.S. Is it just me or does one of the voting links not give rewards?

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  2. Metzy

Metzy Popular Meeper

Only like 2 of them do..

3. Ankou_Aquilis

Yea... Might wanna update that lie about getting 6k per day, or fixing the votifier thing.

4. Metzy

Metzy Popular Meeper

I believe staff is working on it, patience is key :p

5. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

A starter kit has been discussed as a reward for completing the tutorial. Does this sound like a good idea?

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Formatting_codes
    Take your pick. §e doesn't work because it's the same colour as the (Meepcraft) announcements, §6 doesn't work because it's the same colour as Ultimate chat.

Yeah, I get this. I'll look into getting this fixed asap.

I'll look into getting this added to the 'Donate' page ;) It just makes sense.

Aarett likes this.
  6. Ankou_Aquilis

That would be amazing. I feel like maybe a Iron Sword, Pick, and full set of leather armor would be a nice balance as a starter kit.

Huh... Thought MC had more colors than that. A Bolded Dark Red might work. §4

If it's used, try messing around with a bolded dark or light green. The more noticeable the better as it is a message.

chaos546 likes this.
  7. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

That is too similar to Admin colors.

It seems like this is redundant because of the ease of finding iron and/or leather items. Perhaps I'm wrong though, I'll spend some time asking the newer citizens how they feel on this, if they feel that it was easy enough to acquire these items, or if it's truly a struggle.

chaos546 likes this.
  8. le gooboy

le gooboy Popular Meeper

admins only talk like once a week; if even. Admins<players

9. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Well considering this part of the suggestion is about the rank color of helper and moderator, the admin color wouldn't necessarily work out well.

What if we just do &a for helper and &2 for mod?

10. le gooboy

le gooboy Popular Meeper

idk, I was just stating what I thought...ask anko instead of me :p

11. Ankou_Aquilis

That would be great if mc had another shade of green. Then it would go Light Green for Helper, Green for Mod, and Dark Green for Super Mod! All Deh Greens!

How about a bolded §d or is that too similar to the announcements for MSG?

Also, is it necessary to make the Clear Lag RESULTS so noticeable? I feel like you can gray it out like the first time join message cuz its not that important, or some other dull color. Its nice to have it there for admins, and people who just bored and wanna see how much cobble they can throw on the ground before then next clear I guess...

12. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Oh yeah, I'm dumb, lol there is only 2 greens, I wasn't thinking about supermod, heh

13. Ankou_Aquilis

Use Green for helper, Dark Green for Mod, And dark green bolded with §k on the side to emphasize SUPER :couchpotato: mod? §k is coolz.

14. chaos546

Also &a is the VIP color :/

15. Ankou_Aquilis

Damit... We need to start a petition to Mojang to double the amount of colors....

16. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

Italicize msg chat. Also, would color &c work, or has that already been taken by a rank or another chat thing? I am also in full support of giving new players a starter kit upon completion of the quiz, as I feel that it would help give players less familiar with the shop system a good start for harvesting resources in the wild.

17. chaos546

&c is admin chat.