1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Quaddy's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Quaddy, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quaddy

Quaddy Retired | SuperDuperMegaTrooper

In Game Name: Quaddy
    Teamspeak Username: Quaddy
    Mic use: Yes
    Timezone: EST
    Hours online per weekday: 3-10
    Hours online per weekend: 5-12
    Position Changes: Helper --> Mod

Introduction:

Hi there, my name is Stephen, or by now most of you know me as Quaddy. Since I became Helper not much has changed as far as my life goes. I am still involved in a multitude of extracurricular activities such as Model UN, Congress along with several other clubs. I also love playing and watching sports such as baseball, Ultimate Frisbee and football. For as long as I can remember I have been a gamer at heart. Starting with a Playstation 1, now a PC gamer to the core, and one of my favorite games being Minecraft, I’m sure you can imagine I play it quite often. I joined MeepCraft in mid-late October and have not looked back since. I became a Helper about a month ago and at this point I believe I am capable of assuming the position of Moderator.

Why should I be Mod?

In my time as a staff member I have surely grown as an individual by taking on new responsibilities, making educated decisions, along with expanding my knowledge base by dealing with a various array of modreqs and situations in-game.

Work Ethic: Over the past month I can honestly say that I have given Helper my utmost effort and I believe the quality of my work will certainly show that. In that time I have spent countless hours assisting players with modreqs, while also monitoring chat, and forums. I also make it a priority to always be available to players and fellow staff members on TeamSpeak and Skype. Although no one is perfect, when on MeepCraft I do my best to ensure that I represent myself along with MeepCraft in the most respectful and appropriate manner through my work and also my encounters with players and staff.

Productivity: In my time as helper I believe I have been nothing but productive. On a server the size of Meep there can be days that hundreds of modreqs are filed, and it is my number one duty to complete such modreqs. I have without a doubt done my part in completing the day to day queue of modreqs in these past few weeks. Although it is my duty to complete modreqs, many times I get caught up in modreqs because I truly enjoy them. They allow for a much more personal and direct form of assistance to our players and I have had many great experiences with players that I may not have spoken to previously. I also moderate for the forums daily, ensuring the “Report a Player” section is kept in order and the proper punishments are issued to reported players. I also spend a fair share of my time in the Wild ensuring that users are playing fairly and not taking advantage of exploits/bugs along with X-Raying and other related offenses.

Experience: As said above, I have dealt with a multitude of various offenses and situations that are not necessarily black or white and have had to make discretion calls and I feel I have certainly made such calls justly. Among these offenses that I have dealt with include anything from Towny Theft/Grief to Skyblock Island Killing and so forth. I have also not been afraid to ask questions for those situations that I may not have the most experience in, but asking these questions has allowed me to gain the knowledge and experience that Mod requires.

Dedication: Dedication by definition is the quality of being dedicated or committed to a task or purpose. Every day that I visit the server I give any task that I am faced with my absolute all, as I have with being Helper in general. As a staff member, I am faced with the daily task of protecting MeepCraft’s players from harm, whether that be an exploit that causes damage to the economy, causing players to lose hard earned money, or content deemed inappropriate for our users. I am committed every day to making playing on MeepCraft a more enjoyable experience for our players in any way that I can.

Weaknesses:

Schedule: I believe I touched on this also in my Helper application but due to the amount of extracurricular activities along with sports I am involved from time to time I may become a bit pre-occupied with school and work and may not be able to complete my duties as Helper, but for the past few weeks I have worked hard to manage my time wisely in order to provide a sufficient amount of time to complete my duties to the server.

Another weakness that was included in my Helper application but I believe has greatly improved is my personality. Since I have become Helper I have improved my involvement with MeepCraft as a whole and its members and chat with players and other staff members frequently on TeamSpeak. Although I have worked on improving upon this weakness, I still feel there is room to improve and become more involved within the community.

Conclusion: This past month of being a part of the staff team has been an absolute blast and I have met so many people with amazing personalities and qualities. It has been a humbling experience to work with such great and dedicated people as the MeepCraft staff, and by becoming Mod I hope to continue to contribute daily, but at a higher caliber. In these pasts few weeks I believe I have obtained the knowledge and experience a Mod requires and through the quality and efficiency of my work I believe I am ready for the position of Moderator. Lastly I thank you for reading this application, because surely no one is perfect and through feedback and constructive criticism I can correct my flaws and serve Meep in the most efficient and appropriate manner.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  2. Klitch

Klitch

Hello Quaddy. I see you ig often and you help frequently. App wasn't as long as most would expect for a moderator app. Personally, I don't see you interact with the community much. Often times you just sit around in spawn doing nothing. For now I will be a +/-0 as I don't think you are ready but you are at the same time, helpful. Wish you the best of luck!

3. rrrminer

rrrminer Popular Meeper

Bro you dosent know you

4. mrli1

mrli1 Popular Meeper

Sorry Quad, but I just think it's too soon. You need a bit more time as helper before I can +1 this, as you have only been helper for about a month. I can see that you have a wide variety of bans complleted, such as ads (That is the main one I have seen), griefing, X-Ray, and others. If you were to re-apply in 2 weeks, I would probably change my vote to +/-. Month, probably +1. But I just think it's too soon.

Lysseal likes this.
  5. UglyUnicorn

UglyUnicorn Celebrity Meeper

Hi Quaddy, I your app your was really good, but I do think you haven't been a helper long enough, you have helped me a lot in modreq and you performance as a hoper s great, but you have only been a hoper for a month, so I think you should you should apply once you have more experience of being a staff, I just don't think you are ready for Mod just yet, but your performance is great, I am gonna give a +.25 Good Luck :)

6. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

Quaddy, your performance has a helper is fantastic. You are positive, and your work ethic is amazing. I know for a fact that you strive to do the best you can at all times. You are an amazing candidate for moderator, and I believe that you completely deserve the position. If I wrote all the reasons why you should be a moderator, this comment would never end.

+1 without a doubt.

_Chef_Carrott_ and MrsMegan like this.
  7. Sirrr_Pig

Sirrr_Pig Bacon

You are an excellent staff member all around and have very high potential for Moderator. Accepted for interview.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.