1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Qc_Diamond, Helper application :)

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Qc_Diamond, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

Hi QC, I'm actually glad to see this application.

While I think you would eventually makea wonderful Helper, there are a few things I'd like you to brush up on before I can wholeheartedly give you anything more than a -0.5

- In game activity. While I see you nearly every time I go in game, I don't see you help nearly as often as I'd like. However, I've seen you help out before, which is a great start.

- Forums activitt. I haven't seen you on the forums nearly as much as I'd like; the forums, in my opinion, are not onlt a great way to get to know people on a better level than in game, but also are a way to really see what a person is like and how dedicated they are to becoming a staff member. I've seen ypu post before, but you tend to be fairly immature and don't always contribute to the conversation. And while I do sometimes see you in the areas I count, namely Suggestions, Q&A, Staff Recruitment and Report a Bug, you only sometimes contribute to the actual conversation being held. More often than not, you just partially derail the thread.

- The application, as mentioned above, was lackluster and very informal. Imagine a Helper application as a job application; if you were going to apply at your dream job, would you write a bunch of smiley faces in it? Probably not.

- The introduction should be used to help people get to know you if they don't, and let the people who do know you get to see how you see yourself. If you get denied, try to talk more about your personality, likes, and dislikes rather than your Meepcraft life. I prefer reading an introduction that only subtley links to minecraft, if at all.

- The Why section is very poorly composed and barely scrapes the surface of why you are a better applicant than the10 other people who apply every day. Try looking at the Tips post underneath the format for more ideas on what to mention. What are things that make you different? Make sure that you elaborate on each point. I'd suggest to also have at least 4 or 5 points, and to organize it into paragraphs to make it easier to read.

- The weaknesses section barely makes sense. Make sure you elaborate more on each of your weaknesses and how they affect your work as a Helper, as well as how you are working on it. Your first weakness is also more of a byproduct of the rreal weakness, your immaturity.

- Keep your Conclusion short and sweet; you also don't seem very sure of yourself (could be a weakness you missed?) and you made it fairly long. Try to summarize your entire Why and Weaknesses section into two or three sentences at most. I get that its difficult, but it gives.your application more of a formal and confident ending.

All in all, I don't think you are ready just yet. I'd work on your immaturity most of all, as I get that you can't be serious all the time, but it also doesn't do to be 'fun' all the time. Find the perfect balance.for yourself. Good luck, nevertheless.

2. 2legacybball

2legacybball Celebrity Meeper

Your Application was too hard to read. Your grammar was horrible and you used an alt account to give yourself a +1
    Notice how this player has 1 post and 1 like. He hasn't been on since this post. Also you both use the same grammar.

This should be auto denied.

Nara_Visa likes this.
  3. Nara_Visa

Nara_Visa Celebrity Meeper

Great work detective.

2legacybball likes this.
  4. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

denied, please work on the issues mentioned in your feedback and re-apply no sooner than 2 weeks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.