1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: PvP Staff

1. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

Get staff that actually know what hacking looks like handle the hacking cases so people dont get banned for being good *cough* bluapol *cough*. Dont let regular mods and helpers handle hacking cases when they dont even know the first thing about hacking. stupid mistakes like this makes people who were banned never wanna play on this server again.

cooey, Toostenheimer, Niiicck and 8 others like this.
  2. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

While I agree with the rest of your post, and laud your professionalism through this flame war, I'd like to say that I didn't really find this the case. For example, with Cleaves510, upper staff banned Cleaves without consulting @legendcaleb or me first, and refused to unban him even after @legendcaleb and I spent the greater part of two hours presenting facts in a logical manner. Ultimately he did get unbanned, but in this case I felt that the opinions of those experienced were not respected.

I'm glad that progress is being made, especially in terms of the Bluapol case, where the accused was quickly unbanned after evidence was found to be legit (I didn't see the proof myself, so I don't know). However, if he was indeed legit, you would understand that as members of the community, we'd be concerned about the recent surge of individuals being falsely banned. While we see your side of the problem, you should understand that a) it's extremely disconcerting to see people being accused of offenses they didn't commit, and b) that such accusations and bans would be easily preventable with the implementation of PVP staff, or at least consultants to verify that people aren't indeed hacking.

3. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

All helpers/mods are trained to catch hackers. All of the hacking reports are looked at by another staff member at some point to make sure it's a good ban. Helpers are also monitored by mods+ closely for a certain period to make sure that they make the right calls. As of writing this, there are almost always staff online who know how to get them, and if they don't then they are most likely in the process of learning how to do so. I think a PVP staff is not necessary for that reason and because any player can easily upload a video of a hacker to the forums, and those are handled fairly quickly.

4. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

It's actually difficult to accurately and effectively teach staff about hacking, it's something that comes natural with enough practice, so honestly this idea would probably be a good one :)

Bluapol, metr0n0me, Lemoh and 5 others like this.
  5. Lemoh

Lemoh Popular Meeper

Watch these videos. Screenshare can be used for checking xrayers, hackers and other stuff. I suggested this to @Deljikho already when I was on Xizilion.

Skip to 5:22

Excuse me for the swearing since these are not my videos.

6. DV___VS___H

DV___VS___H Celebrity Meeper

oh please, staff thought aimbot was server lag

7. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

Higher staff doesn't mean they know more about pvp and what hacking looks like.

cooey, metr0n0me, Pmx728 and 5 others like this.
  8. Bluapol

Bluapol Media Team Meeper

Im sorry June but you messed up this time :/. Same for Jala. Here is June trying to ban me and my friend with the proof i was not hacking.
    [​IMG]

f3

cooey, Lemoh, BaM_Nitro and 5 others like this.
  9. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

Admittedly I'm not the best with catching hackers; I don't actively engage in pvp and when I do I get wrekt pretty badly. I can easily make a mistake and am trying my very best to make sure that doesnt happen. We all know the staff team definitely benefits when we have people that are experienced with pvp. I'm sure that many of the ex-staff that were active pvp'ers, like @metr0n0me or @legendcaleb would attest that hacking cases are often discussed as a group, and high profile cases never being decided by a single person. We listen to everyone's opinions, especially those with experience, and use that to ultimately weigh in on a decision. We have countless filters through many people in much of our decisions. I'm sure Caleb had more people asking for his opinion on cases than he can recall.

With that being said I would like to state that there is no reason to be negative to any of our helpers or mods for doing their job. They are constantly doing amazing work and instead we should be thanking and celebrating their tireless efforts. It definitely came down to a decision on higher staff members and we are to blame, not our moderators. Which definitely shows that there is room for improvement, and I guarantee none of us are opposed to improving.

I'm just curious who these pvp staff are? Honestly it's not like we can get a team of highly trained hacker pros out of thin-air. I would definitely love to see some ex-staff come back that were great at catching hackers. Maybe you already have an idea of who the "pvp staff" should be? This really should've been a thread encouraging people that are great at catching hackers to apply for staff.

Jalapenos, Deinen, metr0n0me and 4 others like this.
  10. Geeneus

Geeneus Popular Meeper

Someone trained to identify pvp hacks correctly can be just as effective, or even more effective as a pvp'er who has witnessed hacks themselves. Take an aimbot as an example, a major characteristic of an aimbot is single frame movement. If the player goes from hitting one player to moving and hitting another in a single frame, then this is an aimbot. There must be movement elsewhere in the clip to prove that this is not lag related either. Someone trained in this manner, who has seen false accusation clips as well as real aimbot clips will be effective at determining who is using an aimbot, and who is not. This goes for pretty much every other cheat in the book, from macro use to anti-kb.

There are sophisticated processes that can be used to determine who is actually cheating that can be even more effective than "feeling" that the person is cheating because you are a "pvp'er." I have no idea what Meepcraft's procedures are for training their staff to identify who is hacking and who is not, but if it is done correctly, the staff definitely does not need to be a "pvp'er."

I do pvp fairly often, and it is obvious to me when someone is using a major cheat, like aimbot or kill aura, but I find it much more effective to state and find proof through the statements of these types of methods.

Staff dealing with these types of hacks who pvp often is definitely be a plus, but it will not change the final accusation if the staff member is properly trained on how to identify these hacks. If meepcraft is banning people falsely, then they need to work on the ways they determine who is hacking, along with supplying various sample clips of actual hacks and false accusations to their trainees. This being said, we do not need staff who know how to pvp, as long as they are not blind and have a head attached.

zsuzsu1, metr0n0me, Cherrykit and 4 others like this.
  11. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

It's rankist citizens get banned way easier than ranked players.

cooey, zsuzsu1, LadyCassandra and 4 others like this.
  12. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Celebrity Meeper

+1 on the ban
    -1 on this suggestion, this is quite dumb. I don't see how you can get this wrong when there's many staff members that probably looked at it and all agreed on the same punishment. I wonder if anyone complaining about the ban even saw the proof

cooey, GroovyGrevous, Dockson and 3 others like this.
  13. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

I know everyone makes mistake but this suggestion will reduce the mistakes dramatically. It takes time to learn about hacking and pvping it doesn't happen over night, this can take months to be able to tell different types of hacks. Also the pvp staff have lots of experience with pvping so they could tell the difference between combo's, lag or hacks more accuretly than regular staff who don't have much experience with pvping and hacking.

Bluapol, metr0n0me, Lemoh and 2 others like this.
  14. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

not really true at all
    If a 'liked person' has a known reputation of being a perfectly good person, yeah they'll probably get off with a warning because they're known to normally be okay
    Staff don't like certain players for reasons.

15. Bluapol

Agreed. Also another thing i would like to add is "Screensharing". If there is hacks suspected on a player, but there is not enough proof, staff members should be able to ask the player to join TS and screenshare. Just like in PvP Servers.

cooey, Redolwolf, Cherrykit and 2 others like this.
  16. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

This thread is now causing fights between people and this was not the point of this thread. I like to apologize to @Miku, @junelawnchaired and @Summers for being so offended and "anti-staff". I would like a staff member to lock this thread as its causing lots of drama and fights but please still keep this suggestion in mind.
    Thank you and good luck @Bluapol :(

metr0n0me, Cherrykit, Miku and 2 others like this.
  17. Bluapol

Are you still mad of when I took you out live on terrarium?

Redolwolf, Pmx728, Lemoh and 2 others like this.
  18. Miku

Miku One Hell of a Miku Staff Member Mod

Firstly, I had nothing to do with your ban.

Secondly this argument about bluapol needs to stop, you are wrong again, we have a say in all bans yes, but this ban was not decided by lower staff, it was decided by higher staff. So if you'd like to complain, please educate yourself on the matter before accusing people that have nothing to do with this argument.

Personally if you disagree with something you can just come and talk with me OR any other staff, thats what we are here for, but seeing as most of you would rather spam complain about it on the forums and cause issues, not sure how we can help you, all it does it make things harder for the actual issue at hand. I dont think any of you have came to any of us and talked about this, you just jumped straight into accusations and complaining on the forums acting like it's going to help your case.

I've got news for all of you, It wont help, not this way. If you have a concern, you can come on TS, Skype, hell, even forum convo us instead of making threads of hate towards staff like this. Like I said, educate yourself on whats happened before you accuse others.

zsuzsu1, Dockson, Deljikho and 2 others like this.
  19. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

In bad ways yes. This suggestion is probably gonna get denied cause staff think they are such pros at catching hackers stop being cocky and accept the mistake you've made.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 17, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 17, 2016 ---
    They wouldn't be trained differently they just know what pvp means, do you even know what pvp stands for?
    Stop defending your ban you know how stupid it is, combo=hacks kills=hacks. Might as well go ban everyone who gets a kill in pvp.
    I don't even have to read your posts cause I know it's filled with bs.

cooey, Pmx728, Bluapol and 2 others like this.
  20. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Yeah, that's kinda bad, I did all that, and still come out head and shoulders above you.

Lol, stop whining before I call a waambulance.

(Btw, the solution is not more PVP staff, but training the current roster to adequately monitor PVP)