1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Protect new item entities from ClearLag

Discussion in 'Denied' started by SuperDyl, Aug 30, 2017.

1. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

I really would love ClearLag to only clear items with a certain age. Minecraft stores an item's age under it's "Age" NBT tag, so just killing all items with an age less than 5600 would make all items younger than twenty seconds safe from ClearLag. Just a quick way to protect items from players who miss the warnings or don't want to wait up to 20 more seconds for the ClearLag. I believe this would be easy to implement, barely create more lag, and make Meepcraft easier for players to play.

Acceleradiance likes this.
  2. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

Or you could not drop stuff when the clearlag messages are going through?

Muunkee, Pmx728 and junelawnchaired like this.
  3. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

It's a good idea, and I think that ClearLag might actually have something built in to its configuration with this. But, due to what @Courtneyyy just mentioned, I'm not sure what the priority on this would be. I'll look into it a bit more.

Courtneyyy likes this.
  4. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

How would someone be warned of this if it gets implemented?

5. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

If this gets implemented the warning would still be there. It would just be set so that the newer items don't get removed.

SuperDyl and Natsu like this.
  6. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

I think the time for clear lag should just be longer, like 30 minutes or something. It's not like entities lag the server that much anyways.

7. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

The problem isn't that if too many chicken farms exist, tons of items all always there. Items make lag because they're an entity, but they despawn every five minutes so the ClearLag has to occur about every five minutes (or it doesn't continually have an effect). Item entities aren't as lag inducing as other entities, but they still can create quite a bit of lag together.

8. NinjaRoxy

NinjaRoxy Guest

Denied, we don't think this is necessary right now.