1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

44.2%
  2. Not so good, mang

55.8%
  1. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

the part that says giving handouts to lazy poor people will make us become a *gasp* communist evil dictatorship

Cherrykit, Erebus45 and cnkropp like this.
  2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

That's it! I knew Jesus was a commie pinko bastard

Cherrykit, Ranger0203 and Erebus45 like this.
  3. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

Taking away my 1st and 2nd amendment (unless it benefits them). *cough cough* Ann Coulter @ Berkley

4. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

1) Weren't you the one talking about how it should be illegal to trash talk police/military etc.? Also, I don't see people trying to restrict free speech.
    2) Most aren't, at least to my knowledge. It's more about stricter laws about obtaining guns and stuff, but I'm not an expert in that.

Pmx728, Cherrykit, Deljikho and 2 others like this.
  5. Blue_Marlin

Yes, when you disrespect a veteran it should be automatic jail time. Same for disrespecting the flag. This is the country that houses your sorry behind so you best respect it.

Ann Coulter was denied at speaking at Berkeley. A Govermnst funded college. No Liberals have been silenced though.

If taking your gun away and replacing it with a water gun is "strict" policy on guns then yeah I guess they are doing their job.

6. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

the 2nd amendment... the 1st amendment...
    Anyone who disrespects veterans or the flag should be shunned from society, because its a horrible thing to do, but its protected speech. Its not going to cause any actual physical harm to someone, so its unreasonable to put them in jail. I understand your convictions, but it starts us down a slippery slope.

Blue_Marlin and metr0n0me like this.
  7. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I'm more democrat than republican and I don't want to change the 2ND amendment any more than the first.

My first amendment is not a slippery slope, and it doesn't protect me from consequences in society but punishment from government
    --- Double Post Merged, May 6, 2017, Original Post Date: May 6, 2017 ---
    You idiot a university banning a speaker isn't infringing on your free speech. Freedom of speech means the government can't punish you.
    Lol this is so dumb I'm done arguing with you, your an 18 year old that knows nothing about nothing, claiming people want to get rid of your first amendment but wanting to imprison people for disrespecting cops, etc and supporting the President who literally said we should change the Constitution to make it easier to sue for libel.

I'll continue the debate with anyone else but as far as I'm concerned blue Marlin admitted defeat and left the thread.

8. MeepLord27

The university does everything in its power to censor speech it disagrees with, its not fulfilling its own duty as a university, it doesn't foster a free market of ideas. Its own professors endorse the Antifa. Beyond that, the university isn't private, it gets state funding.

The bigger issue isn't about ann coulter, its about the lefts hostility to discussion and alternative ideas. They would rather demonize groups with valid points to de-legitimize the movements, (gamer gate, the alt right, Milo in general, "islamaphobia"). They legitimately think "hate speech" should be illegal, and they think that no-platforming a speaker is a victory. I understand it is definitely more the campus liberals, not the older liberals who can actually think, but its still in the mainstream, it still gets pandered to by politicians, and its still considered morally grey when an Antifa shoots at some white nationalist.

metr0n0me likes this.
  9. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

And rightly so it's being sued over it's decision to prohibit Ann Coutler from speaking. I absolutely agree with your position on the far left, but the exception is that this group doesn't encompass the entire "liberal" group just like your right-far doesn't encompass the entire "conservative" group. Additionally the far left and far right engage in the same exact tactics and it should be discouraged by anyone with common sense.

But to say "liberals" want to take away your first and 2nd amendment is plain retarded because that is not the intent of the majority of people who identify themselves as "liberal" because a whole lot of us more liberal people sway liberal in the economic policy and on social policies align ourselves with libertarianism.
    I encourage you to google site:meepcraft.com "liberals" and check out the wild assumptions and claims made about liberals on this thread. This is the equivalent of me going and saying Republicans are racists and bigots and Trump voters are racists and bigots, and that simply isn't true - Which is why I've purposely stayed away from anything that paints "Republicans" or "Conservatives" in a single, sweeping, light because it's not true.

Erebus45 likes this.
  10. MeepLord27

The far left is more influential then the far right. Even if the far left is a small fringe group, it gets things done. The UN tried to censor the internet because of the far left, they get politicians to pander to there wants, and there given platforms on a whim by mainstream outlets.

Groups like "liberals" or "conservatives" can be generalized though, because they share common positions and beliefs. I think people like you are definitely in the minority in the democratic party, or at least the more principled liberals rarely speak up. I can only judge a group based on the rhetoric it produces.

11. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I mean, I think we're seeing on the global stage that the far right has a lot more influence than thought, given by the nationalistic and xenophobic populism we're seeing. If you are concerned about censorship on the internet and net neutrality then it should concern you that the current conservative government is rolling back regulations to ensure the internet remain censorship free / neutral.

But overall I'm not seeing anything the left does uniquely that the right doesn't try to do. Perhaps the influential factor in this is there is more liberal people in this country currently than conservatives.

But the way our political system is set up it makes it so each group is far bigger than it's components in order to try to reach any majority. For example regarding gun control, the democratic party has many many camps within it from the coastal elite liberals who want some measure of gun control ranging to common sense checks or outright banning of it. But if you look in the mid-west or more rural areas democrats love guns and they don't want restrictions in gun ownership.

If we're judging the book by it's cover, is it safe to assume that the GOP is so blindly ignorant because they held a belief that Obama wasn't an American citizen? Or that people that were poor aren't "close to god"? Or a GOP rep that says "Nobody dies because they don't have access to healthcare"?

Or maybe is it not that black and white and instead of conservatives fighting liberals we should be removing these ****ing idiots from office?

Erebus45 likes this.
  12. MeepLord27

It absolutely does. I don't really think we had a better choice though, Gary johnson didn't have a shot, and I don't think hillary would've been big on net neutrality either. I know you dislike it when people bring up hillary, but when judging trump, you have to consider our alternatives.

I know its not black and white, I just think as long as you exercise common sense when your generalizing ideologies, its not very harmful.

metr0n0me likes this.
  13. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

@MeepLord27

Just take this into account too:

We just had 217 congressmen vote for the AHCA bill, which has been slammed by almost every expect in the medical field as being a complete ****show of a bill. (1) (2) (3) It was voted on by members of congress who barely, if at all, read the bill or didn't even know how it would affect their own state. (1)(2) This bill is so bad that the Senate is refusing to even vote on it. They rushed this bill to a vote before the CBO could even give it a score, probably because how badly the last iteration was scored, which this is just the same thing with weaker pre-existing condition clauses.

It doesn't matter which side of the political spectrum you are on -- This is not good governance.

Ditch your ideology for just a few minutes, I implore you, and just go read up on the AHCA and how it will affect things. Go look at how much the insurance companies will be able to charge senior citizens or the fact that states can get waivers to be exempt from the pre-existing conditions clause, which was significantly weaker.

Go look at the high risk pools that the CBO beforehand deemed to need 100 billion to sufficiently pay for it, this bill gives them 8 billion in exchange.

This is not good legislature.

This is not good governance.

Regardless of political party - These people need to be removed from office and they won't as long as we all engage in team party politics and keep moaning "oooh those liberals!" or "Racist conservatives!".
    I get that, I absolutely refused to vote for any of them on the Presidential ticket. I voted for some democratic candidates and republican ones depending on the candidate.

But can you say how Trump is a better choice? Not by the words that come out of his mouth, because we can be here all day going through things he said which were blatantly untrue, but by quantitative actions he has taken?

Look at his work schedule, he takes weekends off - watches TV constantly. He has failed at almost every single thing he's tried to do even though his party controls the entire government? He has engaged in more meaningless arguments on twitter than decent policy proposals? I don't care if he's a sexist, racist, or any other ist, but I really care is so far he's very incompetent and seemingly every day brand new details of how his unvetted inner circle keeps doing shady things with foreign governments.

In a Beijing ballroom, Kushner family flogs $500,000 ‘investor visa’ to wealthy Chinese

Please, please god, don't tell me you're so blind that you don't see all this? I'm not saying Trump is guilty of treason here, I'm saying this is a whole lot of incompetence and shady **** so far. And a crapton of golf. Right?

I am not arguing your ideology with this, but the guy you picked to represent that ideology.

14. Blue_Marlin

lol I didn't know you could force someone to leave a debate, claim you won, and go on about your day. If that's the case everyone who doesn't believe Donald Trump is the emperor god you are an American hating, welfare using, snowflake who has nothing but a dust of smoke in your future (this was sarcasm). @Deinen know your facts before you run your mouth. Berkley receives government funding and if you have Joy Behar, Whoopie, Bill Maher and literally everyone else who hates Ann Coulter defending her and saying it "infringes upon your freedom of speech" then you know it does. Again, you are 32 arguing with younger adults, calling them names, probably because the people your age are a lot smarter than you so you feel like an idiot when you talk to em. Have a nice day.

15. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Cherrykit and metr0n0me like this.
  16. MeepLord27

I can agree with you that there are a lot of bad people in the legislature, and I can agree with you that there is too much partisanship. People need to vote on there beliefs, not on there labels. I think identity politics is a tool that people on both sides of the table use to manipulate people.
    Onto the AHCA, I know its not very good, but I think something is needed to stem the bleeding with obamacare. Obamacare will run out of money if its not replaced, I think the AHCA needs to be treated as a stop gap, not a long term plan, and it worries me that Paul Ryan went on all the morning talk shows and talked about how great it was, I think us voters will be able to get better plans in the future (midterm elections in 2 years?). Ben Shapiro said it well when he said Donald Trump is a hammer, sometimes he hits a nail, sometimes he hits a puppy.
    I think giving someone who sympathizes with the sargon of akkad type "conservatives" such a huge platform does loads to legitimize them. Even if his policy flops, his cultural impact will do lots of helpful things. There are now "alt right" candidates beating traditional crusty old white guys running for conservative state legislatures. I think he's done loads to get people involved with discussions. As for quantitative action, he got Neil Gorsuch in, he froze funding for sanctuary cities, and he's stopping our tax dollars going towards abortions. As for his being better than hillary, she campaigned for barry goldwater. She might say she had an epiphany and became liberal, but because of all the other disingenuous stuff she has done and said, I have no doubt it was done out of convenience. (Goldwater Girl)
    (For reference, Barry Goldwater thought black people and white people were biologically different species, and any child created between them was an abomination that should be shunned from society)

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Blue_Marlin likes this.
  17. Blue_Marlin

He's gonna build a wall!

18. MeepLord27

Meh, I think thats kinda a waste of money. I think spending the 15+ billion dollars on more border security and more ICE agents would be more effective. All it will do is drive immigrants to go to the drug cartels who own there own airstrips and planes, this will in turn give the cartels way more money because the cartels make the immigrants pay out the ass for a plane ride, so I think it will end in more powerful cartels, and close to the same amount of immigrants. I think the wall is really just a talking point for him. I hope he means it metaphorically and turns our border security into a "wall".

Cherrykit, cnkropp and metr0n0me like this.
  19. Blue_Marlin

I want a wall. It wouldn't be a waste of money, Mexico is gonna pay for it.

MeepLord27 likes this.
  20. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

xd