1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

44.2%
  2. Not so good, mang

55.8%
  1. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

And how many full auto weapons have been used in mass shootings? The entire liberal argument hinges on the fact that "Its too easy for bad people to get guns", but if you CANNOT BUY AUTOMATIC GUNS then its IMPOSSIBLE for bad people to get automatic guns.

2. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

I wish all Liberals would go on a "no food break" until Trump resigned as President (or got impeached). Just goes to show how dumb they are. What's sad is that they are doing this on college campus' and whats even more sad is the colleges are encouraging it. Can we count this as population control!?!? PRETTY PLEASEEE!

3. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

Trump meeting with durterte?

IMO its a good thing, just cause he meets with a nut case doesn't mean he agrees with him, political courtship can be productive, but I'm going to wait until donald takes action, condemning him for diplomatic maneuvering isn't productive.

metr0n0me likes this.
  4. Blue_Marlin

I mean Mr. President also said he would meet with Kim. I think he is willing to do whatever he can to make America what it used to be.

5. Killer2themx

Killer2themx Celebrity Meeper

You're right, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. It's not just a "liberal" argument. It's a real problem. We aren't trying to take your guns, I don't want to take your guns. But it is far from impossible for people to get fully automatic weapons.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 1, 2017, Original Post Date: May 1, 2017 ---
    We don't need to be calling each other stupid. That is where mature debates go from being mature to being flamewars.

I'm saying that in 1986, there was a federal ban on fully-automatic weapons being made past 1986. But weapons made before are completely legal and still to this day. If you make full-auto weapons, it is illegal.

metr0n0me likes this.
  6. Blue_Marlin

I did not call you stupid I called your claim/argument stupid.

I still don't understand what your trying to get at? Im not denying the full automatic guns are bad?

7. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

8. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

I have a couple things to address:

1. The founding fathers very deliberately said 'arms', not 'muskets', or even 'guns'.

They
    a) expected technology to advance (probably, it's hard to read minds, but we can look at documents from the time) Gun Quotations of the Founding Fathers | Buckeye Firearms Association ,
    b) were aware, and even were fans of multi-shot firearms Girandoni air rifle - Wikipedia that were capable of firing up to 20 rounds without reloading.

2. Look at where the gun violence happens: Chicago, Detroit, etc. All these places have extraordinarily tight gun control, and they're some of the most dangerous places in the country. Tougher laws just don't work.

9. Killer2themx

Killer2themx Celebrity Meeper

Oh well it seemed as though you were.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 2, 2017, Original Post Date: May 2, 2017 ---
    Can't exactly disagree. But something does need to be done.

Ranger0203 likes this.
  10. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

Gun culture is so ingrained in American society that it would be nearly impossible to take away guns. It's much easier to simply restrict imports than to take people's guns away.

Plus firearms aren't necessarily bad as long as background checks and other similar measures are a thing.

11. Blue_Marlin

Guns will always be in the hand of the American people. All you can do is put restrictions on who gets them and or do as I believe New York did and pay people to turn in their guns. If someone knocked on any of my family members doors forcing them to give up their gun. They might as well kill em because its not happening.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson.

Ranger0203, metr0n0me and cnkropp like this.
  12. cnkropp

cnkropp Popular Meeper

Nothing really needs to be done about fully automatic weapons. Only 2% of gun deaths are caused by fully automatic weapons and less than 1% of gun related injuries are caused by fully automatic weapons.
    Most people have fully automatic weapons as a trophy and a collectors item (cause they are crazy expensive). Making legislation to not allow people to own fully automatic weapons doesn't make much sense because it mostly affects the collectors that are will to shell out tons of money for it.

Ranger0203, Blue_Marlin and metr0n0me like this.
  13. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

Even gun buyback programs aren't super effective, because they often take guns away from lawful users who are properly trained and use them for non-nefarious purposes, while criminals often will keep their guns.

Plus buyback programs don't have a super effective track record both in the US and in Australia, probably the only country with a similar (though much less extensive) gun culture.

IMO instead of buyback programs, communities should be pushing for better background checks and better gun safety education (it boggles my mind to see how many people don't know the basic rules of gun safety due to poor education).

Blue_Marlin and cnkropp like this.
  14. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Blue marlin is a fish in my head.

15. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

But that isn't enough to say there is correlation between high crime urban areas and state / city gun laws because it's ignoring essentially all the obvious things contributing to the high crime.
    Agreed, make gun laws similar to vehicle laws.

Can't get a gun if you have prohibitive crime/health history and you have to test for competency. I worry less about the criminal gun owner than the legal gun owner that would allow a child to shoot an Uzi they can't control.

16. Blue_Marlin

I completely agree, @Deinen made a really good point. We have strict driving laws, why not do the same for guns? I guess we will have to see and I hope our current President will help prevent or stop crimes done by certain people who got certain weapons. You don't have to like the president and or agree with him. You can atleast support him and hope he does a good job. When the people come together and work hard as a team don't you think it would make America a better place. Hillary Clinton says "together forever" but it's her people that are refusing to support our president. It's her people that won't encourage the Presudent to do right instead they are bashing not only him but his family.
    Idk how I missed this but Yes I am a fish....

17. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I'd support him if he stopped being a filthy liar. I don't support him, not because of Clinton, but because he's a filthy liar and his administration are liars.

Also, Hillary Clinton lost the election and is not responsible for anything Trump does while President. Please stop bringing Clinton up, she lost, it's over. Please stop, why won't you guys stop bringing Clinton up? Is it a crutch that you guys need? What is it? I've heard more about Clinton from you guys than anything Trump or what Trump does. Is it a fetish? Are you all secretly attracted to Clinton? Please fill me in because holy god I've never seen an entire group bring up the losing person in an election ever.

metr0n0me and Deljikho like this.
  18. Blue_Marlin

Syria would love to have you as a resident. Maybe you would like the life Assad gives you.

I bring her up (and Obama and many others) because if the left does something, its a "mistake" but if the right does it, its "going against America"
    Hillary Clinton is still making videos about how this is not what America is and dissing Trump all the time.
    Hillary Clinton is still separating her people from America.
    Donald Trump said "I would be a President to ALL AMERICANS"
    Hillary Clinton called Bernie supporters "living in their parents basements" and Trump supporters "deplorable" yet her saying is "together forever"
    Obama has brought in the biggest race divide since segregation was a thing.
    Yet, I do not understand why people don't hope that Trump does good. As a Trump supporter, if Hillary were president I would be on my hands and knees praying she did a good job. Not hoping she fails so I can impeach her. Its ridiculous the way society has turned on each other.

19. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

How does Trump being a filthy liar have anything to do with Syria?

So? None of them are President, Trump is. What fetish do you guys have that keep triggering you enough to keep talking about Clinton?

metr0n0me and Pmx728 like this.
  20. Blue_Marlin

I'm saying if you don't support our president/ want him to do good, what President would you support? Assad? Putin? Kim!?!?

She is all over the place. Am I not allowed to say her name? The left gets so upset when you say something bad about Clinton but we can bash our President and his FAMILY all day long.