1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

44.2%
  2. Not so good, mang

55.8%
  1. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

I wasn't talking about Sean Spicer, I didn't even mention his name. I was talking about you comparing Assad to Hitler.

Pmx728 and Natsu like this.
  2. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

I know you weren't comparing Sean to Hitler, the other people here were. I also wasn't comparing Assad to Hitler either. I was simply defending Mr. Spicer.

3. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

This is comparing though...?

4. Blue_Marlin

Its really not. They are both horrible people (as literally everyone can agree). Im saying they are both terrible people. That isn't a "comparison".

5. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

was joke. was joke man was joke.
    Yes you are.
    You think climate change is fake, your stupid. Anyone who thinks climate change is fake is stupid.

In other news the world is flat and 600 years old.

Natsu likes this.
  6. Blue_Marlin

Umm I believe in minor climate change, ya know colder in the winter and hotter in the summer :p as far as global warming, I'm not buying it

7. WeAreNumberUno

Its a fact.
    like its a thing that has been scientifically proven by scientists that its happening.

8. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

This is the exact reason why people believe that you are an "uneducated 14 year old senior", explain?

Muunkee and metr0n0me like this.
  9. Blue_Marlin

Let's look at Death Valley for example. The hottest it has ever been was 154 degrees in the early 1900's.

In Florida (my home state) the hottest it has ever been was 109° F, in the mid 1930's.

10. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Let's look at how much ice has melted in the North Pole...

Pmx728, metr0n0me and Deljikho like this.
  11. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

You do realize that those are less than 100 years ago, right? That's merely a blink of time on the geological time scale. Your statements are proof of rising temperatures that have been unprecedented throughout recorded history.

Africa is good proof of the effects of global warming. As the US went through it's Industrial Revolution a lot of the carbon emissions were carried to Africa by wind currents. You can see a time lapse map of the depletion of it's natural green-land.

The geological time scale is much larger than a mere 100 years.

Do you also deny the Ice Ages that Earth has went through?

Here is a good website by NASA giving us the Facts of climate change:
    Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Evidence

Here's a summary of the observations by scientist that is backed by statistical evidence:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  12. Blue_Marlin

Im saying wishing the 100 years of that time frame, which you are right it really isn't that long ago. Look how much temperatures have dropped. Theres this thing called weather. Temperatures go up and down all the time. We are still going into the negative numbers in the winter in some places. Many of those places are in America itself!

So you are saying that because natural wind has picked something up and carried it to a different country, state, town etc. That were in global warming?

Im well aware of this, I was using it as 1 example.

No, I do not deny it.

There is a difference in climate change and global warming. . .

13. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Global warming is a climate change, one that is believed to be caused by human industrialization.

It is scientifically accepted that greenhouse gases created by human activity has increased exponentially the last few hundred years, and the effect of greenhouse gases trapping the heat that would otherwise be released back into the space is known as global warming.

It is generally believed that global warming is caused by the overuse of fossil fuels that produce too much Carbon Dioxide into the atmosphere. This has only been around for approximately two centuries, in which we have experienced a dramatic temperature change, especially in the poles. This very fact that the average temperature of the earth raised at an unusual rate is undeniable.

Global Warming means that human civilization is artificially altering the environment negativally, affecting ecosystems all over the world. The polar bear habitat is one example. The decreasing of ice in the North Pole is significant. This is an issue that we cannot ignore.

The United States is one of the leading countries of high Carbon Dioxide emissions.

Global warming exists. Whether you believe it is a problem or not, it exists. Now, what do you think we should do about it, @Blue_marlin98 ? At this rate, islands and costal cities will be underwater in the near future, due to the rapid melting of polar ice.

14. WeAreNumberUno

You literally cannot prove global warming to someone who has used the internet before and still doesn't think its real.
    they are just dumb.

Muunkee, Deinen, Natsu and 1 other person like this.
  15. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

16. cnkropp

cnkropp Popular Meeper

metr0n0me likes this.
  17. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

While I agree that Assad is a piece of shit, is he worse than the alternative?

What happens if Assad loses the war?--there'll be a massive power vacuum in Syria. Extremist organizations such as al-Qaeda, Taliban, and ISIS have historically thrived in regions with large power vacuums caused by deposed strongmen--the Iranian Shah's overthrowal led to the current government, Saddam Hussain's deposal and Iraq War led to the rise of ISIS, Mubarak's removal caused the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood, and Assad's weakening grip on power has led to increased ISIS operations in Syria.

Don't get me wrong, Assad is a terrible human being and has violated many people's humanitarian rights. However, before the war, he really actually wasn't that bad as far as dictators go. Is Assad's regime, or something similar, better than a wartorn state characterized by land wars, power struggles between the Free Syrian Army, ISIS, and various other factions? We've seen what happens when ISIS tries to run a government: look at Raqqa, Aleppo, Mosul, etc. The human rights violations there are arguably much worse than anything Assad's ever done. If Assad loses the war, you can bet that ISIS will play a huge role in setting up the next regime--do you want that?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 18, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 18, 2017 ---
    While there are still cold winters in some places, the overall trend is that global temperature is increasing.

Here (click me) is a graph that shows the trend of the temperature increases of the past 130 or so years, with the y-axis being the difference between any given year's temperature and the 130-year mean, and the x-axis being the years. You can obviously see that the temperature is increasing.

About Death Valley: last June was the hottest June on record at Death Valley (source).

And whoever took the measurement in 1913 screwed up, because that record temperature was impossible given the meterological phenomena at the time (source). So Death Valley actually didn't get that hot.

But nevermind, continue to ignore the facts and stick to your baseless claims, because that's what you do.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  18. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Playing a bit of devils advocate:

What is the value of turning Syria, a Russian puppet state (more or less), to an American puppet state? This would arguably the most valuable thing about Iraq, and Afganistan, we turned two relatively US unfriendly states into US vassals.

19. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

Yeah, at the cost of billions of American taxpayers' dollars (which we will never see the benefits of), thousands of American troops' lives, hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths, a few billion dollars in aid to repair damaged infrastructure, etc.

Look at what happened in Afghanistan--the CIA armed the Mujahadeen to oppose the USSR, because we wanted to transform Afghanistan from a Soviet buffer state to a US vassal. Oh, nevermind that it led to the rise of Osama and al-Qaeda, and led to the rise of anti-US sentiment among Afghan civilians.

You're assuming that if the rebels win the war, they'll actually ally with the US. If the US installs another oppressive fundamentalist regime, there will be widespread public opposition to the US. So even if the government outwardly adopts policies favorable to the US, there will always be this underlying anti-US sentiment brewing among the populace. This contributes to fundamentalist extremism.

Besides, ISIS is committed to destroying the west, including the US. Why would they develop relationships with the West...that is, if ISIS actually takes control of Syria after Assad's deposed (they're the most organized and well-equipped faction currently fighting in the war, so it's not a stretch to say that they'd be the favorite to win the war if Assad's taken out).

Deljikho, Natsu and Deinen like this.
  20. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Sure, we haven't seen many benefits from Iraq/Afganistan, however, it's only been less than 20 years since. But if you look at the next 250 years, could we make a valid argument that having key strongholds in that region, which potentially functions as a balwark against Asian conflict (only because it's the most likely scenario).

We could make the argument Britain committed many great atrocities in their venture to dominate the planet, but can we deny it's led them to where they are at now in the world? What if Britain had never ventured much past their isles or Europe, how would the world look like, or work?

While I absolutely agree with the points you're making, in the small view, but looking at the long view, if we militarily convert nations friendly to Russia or nobody to be friendly to us, wouldn't this hedge our strength against Russian, or Chinese aggression?

The world has one established Superpower, America, but we have three nations currently rising in power, economic and militarily. How will these four nations live together in the future, and if conflict breaks out, what could we do? The most immediate solution is to gain more allies than our adversaries.