1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

44.2%
  2. Not so good, mang

55.8%
  1. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

wtf is this?

2. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

No, show respect towards any president.

3. WeAreNumberUno

I think its just a funny meme. Regardless, it can't legitimately be a barrier to discussion.

4. cnkropp

cnkropp Popular Meeper

WeAreNumberUno likes this.
  5. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Nope, a President can't just order a wiretap and if someone believes that they are truly a stupid idiot.

A judge has to sign a warrant to wiretap. If Trump was wiretapped, a judge signed off on it, meaning there is probable cause.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 8, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 8, 2017 ---
    I don't respect the Orange Gorilla as a person.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 8, 2017 ---
    What parts of the ACA replacement do you like?

6. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

You tag me in every post in an attempt to argue or tilt me. Its cute. Yes, Ill go out with you.

Erebus45 likes this.
  7. WeAreNumberUno

This is blatantly not true. I tagged you in a (single) post asking a question, because the earlier discussion about healthcare the thread was having reached the point where we couldn't continue the discussion because Donaldo didn't give specifics. Now we have the specifics, I.E. we can continue the conversation. If you didn't want to continue the "conversation" you could just not respond. Also you use weird metaphors, your like, at least 12 years older than me.
    Donald Trump has gone...
    Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 5.16.34 PM.png
    Cuckoo!

8. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Its so nice to see a budding romance
    Pretty sure the fiancé wont be a fan though ;]

SuperDyl, Erebus45 and Blue_Marlin like this.
  9. Blue_Marlin

Totally.

OOPS: It turns out the president CAN order a wiretap... - I Love My Freedom
    what do i know, im just a stupid idiot.

Because Russia? Oh no Donald talked to Putin, wow what an evil person, were all gonna die.

If Hillary Clinton would have become president, I would still respect her. She would be our president. Donald Trump is your president, you should have respect for your leader. thats what part of whats wrong with society. Donald Trump will be your president for the next 4 hopefully 8 years.

Insurance for everybody?
    Drug companies negotiate with medicare and medicade, to make it cheaper? you know something Obama failed to do (oh i must be obsessed with Obama now, i just compared him to trump)
    shall i keep going? because i will.

Your standards aren't very high but awwww how cute.

Because they were still working on it?

No more using weird metaphors after the age of 20 damnit!

CooCoo?

10. WeAreNumberUno

I'm no lawyer, but reading the quoted section of laws, and then reading there explanation of it. I don't see how it supports you argument mate.
    The Law says:

In Chapter 36 of Title 50 of the US Code *War and National Defense”, Subchapter 1, Section 1802, we read the following:

(1) Notwithstanding any other law, the President, through the Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence information for periods of up to one year if the Attorney General certifies in writing under oath that—
    Doesn't this state that the president needs to get it approved by an attorney? I.E. the president can't directly order a wiretap
    (A) the electronic surveillance is solely directed at—

(i) the acquisition of the contents of communications transmitted by means of communications used exclusively between or among foreign powers, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title; or
    Again, doesn't this explicitly says "exclusively between or among foreign powers," and since I'm reasonably sure Donald Trump isn't a "Foreign" power then he can't be wiretapped right?
    (ii) the acquisition of technical intelligence, other than the spoken communications of individuals, from property or premises under the open and exclusive control of a foreign power, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title;
    This is the same as above. It further clarifies that its only with stuff between foreign powers.
    (B) there is no substantial likelihood that the surveillance will acquire the contents of any communication to which a United States person is a party; and
    Ok, at this point i'm getting annoyed. This literally says that there is no substantial likelihood that the surveillance will acquire the contents of any communication to wich a UNITED STATES PERSON IS part of. This literally explicitly disproves the point you are trying to make.
    (C) the proposed minimization procedures with respect to such surveillance meet the definition of minimization procedures under section 1801(h) of this title; and

if the Attorney General reports such minimization procedures and any changes thereto to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence at least thirty days prior to their effective date, unless the Attorney General determines immediate action is required and notifies the committees immediately of such minimization procedures and the reason for their becoming effective immediately.

I didn't say there was a problem with them not having specifics immedietly. It was just a barrier to having any conversation. After all you can't discuss what you doesn't exist right?
    cus it was a bird that looked like donald trump and It was a funny pun. (Cuckoo = crazy, cuckoo = a type of bird) :)

Muunkee and Deljikho like this.
  11. Blue_Marlin

Its in the first line mate.

Seemed different then what you meant, sorry.

I know, if you are calling someone crazy its spelled Coocoo not cuckoo.

12. WeAreNumberUno

It says the president can elicit a wiretap through an attorney general. I.E. The President can only request an attorney general to issue a wiretap. The president himself can't do it.

Also, Even if you are correct and the president can issue the wiretaps, the document specifically says that it can only be between two foreign powers.

13. Blue_Marlin

Im clearly aware of this. Im saying he doesn't need to go through court.

The attorney General Lynch is pro Obama! what the heck?? their stories are all messed up. Which it talks about in my video that you said "isn't good enough". and that i couldn't use that, it wasn't a "real source".

Duh! but when you have people secretly helping you.

They are talking about Russia dude.
    Why would Obama petition to have it done twice before it even got approved? They couldn't find any reasoning to wiretap Trump, then little ole Lynch came by.

14. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Obviously this was explained above, and the element we're talking about is not about foreign intelligence.

Putin is a pretty awful leader, given all the recent Russian officials and opposition dying suddenly.

I don't contend he isn't my President, but I don't respect him on a human level. Also you seem confused on the hierarchy, I'm a citizen - Inherently above a President, as elected officials work for us and not the other way around.

The American Medical Association is one of many organizations and expert that claims the exact opposite, that the replacement will cause the loss of insurance for potentially millions of people.

AMA Says Trumpcare Is 'Critically Flawed'

You are right, the inability to negotiate for drug prices in the ACA was one thing that really hurt it. However, if you were a bit older you would remember it was the GOP who in large contributed to that broken element in the system.

That being said, I have not found any source backing up the claim the new replacement plan will allow price negotiations, if you could find that I'd be grateful.

15. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

Did you even read the the article??

(1) Notwithstanding any other law, the President, through the Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence information for periods of up to one year if the Attorney General certifies in writing under oath that—
    (A) the electronic surveillance is solely directed at—
    (i) the acquisition of the contents of communications transmitted by means of communications used exclusively between or among foreign powers, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title; or
    (ii) the acquisition of technical intelligence, other than the spoken communications of individuals, from property or premises under the open and exclusive control of a foreign power, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title;
    (B) there is no substantial likelihood that the surveillance will acquire the contents of any communication to which a United States person is a party; and
    (C) the proposed minimization procedures with respect to such surveillance meet the definition of minimization procedures under section 1801(h) of this title; and
    if the Attorney General reports such minimization procedures and any changes thereto to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence at least thirty days prior to their effective date, unless the Attorney General determines immediate action is required and notifies the committees immediately of such minimization procedures and the reason for their becoming effective immediately.

Edit: NumeroUno caught it first. GG mate.

SuperDyl likes this.
  16. cnkropp

cnkropp Popular Meeper

Citation please.

17. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Additionally, members from Team Trump who have contacts / relations in Russia

Michael Flynn - Lied about meeting with Russian Officials, resigned over it. Under FBI investigation for contacts with sanctioned Russian officials.

Jeff Sessions - Lied under oath about meeting with Russian ambassador

Rex Tillerson - Has had a very long business history with Russia, received an "Order of Friendship" medal from Putin, who Tillerson says they "have a very close relationship". Has relationsip with Igor Sechin, CEO of Rosneft and close friend of Putin.

Wilbur Ross - Owned majority stake of troubled bank in Cyprus with Russian Oligarchs with close Kremlin ties.

Paul Manafort - Left Team Trump after it was discovered that millions of dollars in cash were earmarked for Manafort for consulting Viktor Yanukovich, the Pro-Russian President of Ukraine who was oustered, which lead to the Russian invasion of Crimea. Under FBI investigation for contacts with sanctioned Russian officials.

Carter Page - Mid level member of Merril Lynch in Moscow, under investigation from the FBI for contacts with sanctioned Russian Officials. Additionally has a long standing history of pro-putin comments. Under FBI investigation for contacts with sanctioned Russian officials.

Roger Stone - Additionally under FBI investigation for contacts with sanctioned Russian officials.

Trump's son & son in law

Donald Trump Jr
    was a frequent visitor to Russia, also quoted as saying
    - “And in terms of high-end product influx into the US, Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets; say in Dubai, and certainly with our project in SoHo and anywhere in New York. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

Eric Trump - Quoted:
    - “most of our buyers are foreign, among which there are very many Russians.” The Trump Organization is “holding active talks about our activity in Russia,” he said, adding that “we’re really counting on high demand from the Russian side”

Jared Kushner - Trump's son in law, even without an official role, advises Trump on foreign policy. Additionally met with Russian ambassador in Trump Tower.

----

This is just a few examples of connection between Trump and Russia.

The ultimate guide to Donald Trump’s Russia connections

18. WeAreNumberUno

Doesn't the law explicitly say he does? Isn't that what going through an attorney general is?
    LOL Tiffanny Trump has probably spoken to russians more than Donald trump

(She's probably never spoken to a russian either...)

19. Blue_Marlin

good lord one person at a time, i can only do so much lol. Yes i will have all of those ready for you guys soon. For now i must go, i will be back later to work on this.

20. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Nope, the attorney general is just the official lawyer of the white house / fed government.