1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

44.2%
  2. Not so good, mang

55.8%
  1. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

oh okay, I'm just a typical fan boy hehe, in 2006 Hillary stated "I'm in favor of a wall" when Clinton was in office "we need to stop illegal aliens from coming into the country" in 2011 Obama temp bans refugees, in 2017 Trump temp bans 7 countries and refugees but because he says mean words and hurts the feelings of this sorry generation of kids who have been taught you always win, and kids who cry when they don't get their way, Trumps the devil, yep.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 7, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 7, 2017 ---
    Sorry Trump wants to put WE THE PEOPLE first! And the military first! And try to protect us, gosh damn you Trump you terrible person, lol OKAY!

Ranger0203 likes this.
  2. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

"Sources tell CBS2 the city spends $500,000 a day to protect Trump Tower when the president is in town. It would be somewhat less if it’s Melania and Barron."
    "Year-round protection could cost as much as $180 million."
    That's half of what you said it was. And nowhere in the article you cited does is say that they've decided to house Melania and Barron in New York. In fact, it says they will "do what’s best for Barron".

Deljikho, kwagscraft and Blue_Marlin like this.
  3. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

The great wall of china was built to keep out mongol invaders, not immigrants. It did not help.

Because money is better saved then spent on things that help people??????
    You're absolutely right we should be spending money blowing up other countries instead of trying to stabilize them.

4. Ranger0203

Not much, but then, those invaders were organized.

5. kwagscraft

You clown the person who shot up the pulse was a us citizen

6. Blue_Marlin

Mattis has sent them to "blow up" a country that was planning an attack on us! We beat them to it, if someone threatens to attack your home and you attack them before they get to you, are you a bad person? Saving money? The average illegal family gets $30,000 a year in pay and benefits, cutting just the illegal immigrants government funding would save billions a year! they just stopped the wet foot dry foot law, not realizing that other countries KILL and put ILLEGALS in PRISON and or TORTURE them, we however pay them, not that Trump is going to act a little more tough as other countries do, it's an issue. Mhm

7. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

Yeah the figure cited isnt quite reliable since it's from a news article. I have a post on here earlier that repeats what you've said about "deciding what's best for Barron" verbatim, and it has an official DOJ spending report that estimated it at $1M daily. I merely linked that article because it was the first google results and I am lazy. Read my other posts for the info :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Ranger0203 likes this.
  8. Blue_Marlin

He indeed was an American citizen but his background was from Islamic countries, (not saying all islams are bad) but he was still connected to them countries including Syria, Iraq, and Libya.

9. Ranger0203

Uggh that's so much work...

But there really isn't a precedent for the First Lady spending extended amounts of time outside the white house without the president, so no preceding figure is going to be accurate.

I hope you didn't get the 1M figure and the 90M Obama figure from the same report, because they're incompatible.

Deljikho likes this.
  10. Blue_Marlin

You also failed to realize that obamas mother in law was in child caretaker and received full benefits from the government and will continue to receive $160,000 a year until she dies because she was a "government caretaker" hmmm seems kinda fishy to me

11. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

90M from Obama isn't even my figure, it's something Blue marlin threw out and I took it at face value. Very true though this is unprecedented. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    I heard a funny quip on a reddit debate over the wall topic:

"If you think about it.. China built a wall, and they don't have Mexican problem"

Cherrykit, Ranger0203 and kwagscraft like this.
  12. kwagscraft

No country is trying to attack us. The only groups we are fighting are militant groups unaffiliated with governments. These militant groups take advantage of the crappy conditions in their countries to recruit new people. By stabilizing the countries that these groups are occupying and giving the people more opportunities, people would have less reason to join such groups.

How is this tied to immigration then?
    Makes you think.....

Natsu and Deljikho like this.
  13. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

It's not the ban in itself that is the issue. The issue is that this is not an effective way to prevent the already rare occurrence of terrorism within our country. What Obama did, which was ultimately set up a better vetting process is not the same as what Trump/Bannon did in this instance, which was to overnight halt any immigration from these countries whatsoever. This affected not only thousands of rightly innocent people, it affected over 60,000 legal US residents. It affected companies, it affected the economy as a whole and it was an embarassment to our country. The EO in question did the exact opposite of what they stated many times was the intention, to make our country safer. It ultimately makes our country less safe and importantly makes our soldiers overseas less safe. Why would an Iraqi/Afgani risk his and his families life for our troops now?

Additionally, another consequence of this "ban" is that it didn't permanently ban people outright, but it may as well have. Our normal immigration vetting process takes years to complete with multiple security and medical checks. This EO interrupted that process which in turn caused many people to have effectively have to redo the entire process, and in many cases have to go back to their origin country, which they have usually sold everything they had, to try again.

I hate to break it to you, but terrorism really isn't a threat to our country, nor to most of the population. The fear of terrorism since 9/11 has been used mostly to do some really screwed up crap, rather than keep us safer of anything.

kwagscraft likes this.
  14. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Did you see that vending machine it killed more

15. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

To clarify again: Obama did not freeze the refugee program - He temporarily froze the VISA process for a few countries to extend vetting - then they resumed.

--

On immigration - Building more walls clearly isn't going to help because it hasn't helped thus far. You also cannot go and remove how many millions from our population, simply due to the economic havoc it would cause. What would happen if millions of illegals stopped paying sales tax or gas tax. Or if they stopped spending money at the local stores, utilities, etc.

I'm not opposed to stopping illegal immigration, in fact I think they have no right to demand we do anything other than stop it. But expensive and useless gestures and just that, expensive and useless. Positives steps to stopping illegal immigration is constructing a feasible immigration system, which it currently is not. Additionally ending the war on drugs in our country would remove considerable power and wealth from the cartels, allowing much more commercial activity in Mexico and help bolster their economy, removing the incentive to come here. We could also allow current illegal immigrants a path to legal US residency through community service works, military server, or other equitable gestures to cause a benefit to society.

16. Blue_Marlin

Trump has allowed people in, 900 the other day, but the media liberals and dems won't say that

17. Adrian

because thats what should be happening

18. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

You mean a Judge rightly tossed the order out as unlawful and it's not in effect.

Deljikho and Adrian like this.
  19. Adrian

"so called judge"

Deljikho likes this.
  20. PandaBear711

PandaBear711 Celebrity Meeper

You look like a Duck

MegaStufOreo and Blue_Marlin like this.