1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Denied Possible Towny Bug

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by MeepStats, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeepStats

MeepStats Legendary Member

View attachment 3010

Ok, so after a bunch of people started messaging me that my build was burning to the ground, I tp'ed there as soon as I could. Note the "teleporting to build home" line.

Then, I proceeded to /plot toggle fire to attempt to shut the firespread off. Note that the resulting message says "is now enabled" indicating that it was previously disabled. I toggled it again to shut it off, as you can see in the last line.

Firespread was disabled for the plot, as intended, but the whole house burned down. There was no evidence found of any intentional griefing by any means.

--Investigation--

View attachment 3011
    Step one: check /plot perm - for some reason Firespread is ON.
    I then /plot toggle fire - note that it turns to Enabled, indicating that the plot firespread property was disabled before the /plot toggle command was issued.

View attachment 3013
    I then proceeded to /plot toggle fire to shut it off, and as you can see, "Firespread in the plot is now disabled"

Yet, after checking /plot perm, Firespread is still listed as on.

This shows that the /t toggle fire overrides individual plot settings, and can be highly destructive :( I have additional HE proof of that change being made, and will post it if requested.

2. MeepStats

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  3. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

Not sure if this was resolved - is it possible that someone else toggled fire, lit it, then disabled it?

4. MeepStats

No - it was shown that toggling the town's firespread property caused the existing fires on the plot to spread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.